Author Topic: Celtics (53-24) at Raptors (55-22) Game #78 4/4/18  (Read 20043 times)

Re: Celtics (53-24) at Raptors (55-22) Game #78 4/4/18
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2018, 10:36:17 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
I had to turn the sound off - Doris Burke is the worst in the business. She shouts into the mic.

The only reason she is on air is ESPN and all their politics - whenever it's an espn game, I know I am in danger of her being on air. I have to laugh at these awards she receives only because she is a woman in a man's business.

Doris Burke is terrible, I won't pretend she isn't.

But, "a man's business"?  Really?  It's time to come out of your cave.
Yeah, Burke is a trash commentator, but that second half is a bit much.

Burke is bad but better than listening to Mark Jackson.

And I agree, the ONLY reason she gets to do these games is because she's a woman.

People are hell bent on setting this blog back into the 1950s.  lol.  cmon comments like this are trash regardless of what you think about Burke.

Not when what's being said is true.  Everyone agrees that she's straight up trash as an analyst/commentator.  But because ESPN is a far-left leaning company they won't replace her with a more knowledgeable male for fear of backlash.  I'm not telling her to go in the kitchen to make everyone a sandwich, I'm just saying she benefits from the female privilege that exists these days.

« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2018, 10:37:20 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I didn't think I would see anything worse than the game tonight until I read the last two comments. Hope everyone has a good night.

« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2018, 10:42:47 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I had to turn the sound off - Doris Burke is the worst in the business. She shouts into the mic.

The only reason she is on air is ESPN and all their politics - whenever it's an espn game, I know I am in danger of her being on air. I have to laugh at these awards she receives only because she is a woman in a man's business.

And I agree, the ONLY reason she gets to do these games is because she's a woman.

People are hell bent on setting this blog back into the 1950s.  lol.  cmon comments like this are trash regardless of what you think about Burke.

Not when what's being said is true.  Everyone agrees that she's straight up trash as an analyst/commentator.  But because ESPN is a far-left leaning company they won't replace her with a more knowledgeable male for fear of backlash.  I'm not telling her to go in the kitchen to make everyone a sandwich, I'm just saying she benefits from the female privilege that exists these days.
This. TP
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2018, 10:49:06 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

This. TP
Kind of hilarious complaining about female privilege now when men have benefited from male privilege from pretty much all of human history. 

« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2018, 10:52:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

This. TP
Kind of hilarious complaining about female privilege now when men have benefited from male privilege from pretty much all of human history.
How is that hilarious at all? Privileges that males have experienced have been demonised for years, why are the ones that women experience off limits?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2018, 10:53:04 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I said "NBA Basketball"

Women can do all the women's games they want. Broadcasting is just something that men are better at than women. Pretending otherwise does not make you a beautiful human being.

So I take you are also equally offended when men broadcast women's games?

And what about coaching?  I'm assuming men should not be allowed to coach women's basketball, and vice versa?

« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2018, 10:54:31 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
As far as the game goes ................... we just ran out of steam these past two games. Not enough firepower to keep the road streak going.

I maintain that, even after we get our injured players back (Hayward included) - I still think we need to add a killer spot-up shooter to start winning titles..................probably also need an upgrade in the post with an Ibaka/Jordan-like defender/rebounder. We have to work too hard at this point to score and rebound.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2018, 10:55:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

How is that hilarious at all? Privileges that males have experienced have been demonised for years, why are the ones that women experience off limits?

I'm not going to get into whether or not a "women's privilege" exists, but if it does, shouldn't the 'two wrongs don't make a right' theory apply?

« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2018, 10:56:59 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130
I said "NBA Basketball"

Women can do all the women's games they want. Broadcasting is just something that men are better at than women. Pretending otherwise does not make you a beautiful human being.

Yes, "Players Only" is often bad, some of those guys are terrible at broadcasting (you know, sorta like women are). Relax, there are plenty of things women are better at than men. Overall, they are probably better people.

Pretty small sample size to be making that claim with. Get back to me when enough women have actually been permitted to call an NBA game (ie. more than half a dozen), and then we can make an equal and balanced comparison against the hundreds of men that hold that occupation. It's not just a question of talent and intelligence, but also one of opportunity. On the same note, "they only let her call games because she's a woman" is utter nonsense. In a field where something like 85% of employees are men, the gender bias pretty obviously and statistically goes the other way. Why is it so hard to admit that Doris Burke is likely just as professionally qualified as her male peers, some of whom also happen to be awful?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 11:04:32 PM by TheLegendaryClub »

« Reply #189 on: April 04, 2018, 11:26:36 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Mark Jackson is very good. I love his basketball values.

All the comments about what a neanderthal I supposedly am are laughable. I am quite the feminist. But I don't want someone doing commentary on something they have never done before ........... and no women have ever played in the NBA. And every woman that does commentary on a man's sport sounds forced, because they are. What a bunch of correct hacks you are.

Feminist? More like misogynist. Lost the little respect I had for you.