Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft Pacific Division Press Conferences  (Read 44396 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft Pacific Division Press Conferences
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 10:14:09 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Question For The Lakers: I hate Usher's work post Confessions.

Question for IP:

Have you heard 'Climax'?

Question for the Lakers: Yes and a I hated it. Its over-produced shallow garbage. If I had enough gasoline, I'd take every single CD ever produced featuring the song among its tracks, and I'd 'let it burn'.

Question for IP: Boy have you lost your mind? Cuz I can help ya find it. 'Climax' is fantastic. And for what it's worth 'Scream' is one of the better pop songs that's come out in a while.

Question For StartOrien: Usher Sux.

Also, Usher created Justin Bieber.  pretty sure thats against ever man law.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 10:24:32 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Question For The Lakers: I hate Usher's work post Confessions.

Question for IP:

Have you heard 'Climax'?

Question for the Lakers: Yes and a I hated it. Its over-produced shallow garbage. If I had enough gasoline, I'd take every single CD ever produced featuring the song among its tracks, and I'd 'let it burn'.

Question for IP: Boy have you lost your mind? Cuz I can help ya find it. 'Climax' is fantastic. And for what it's worth 'Scream' is one of the better pop songs that's come out in a while.

Question For StartOrien: Usher Sux.

Question for IP: Ya serious right now, bra?

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 11:01:11 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Does Channing Frye or Anthony Davis set good screens?

Never been impressed with Frye's screens. Haven't seen enough of A.Davis but I doubt his skinny frame and inexperienced self is a good screen setter either.

Will the flex offense (specifically the off the ball screen action) be as potent without strong screen setters like Carlos Boozer on your roster?

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 11:07:59 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Ok. Tough division. Not only are the teams good, but the GMs are the kind of jackasses who will grind you down into a state of statistical shock over the course of several hours. DISCLAIMER: I hate you all.

Here's my graphically weak presentation. I hope you hate it.

The 2012 FAKE CLIPPERS

Roster (Player[minutes]):

PG: Goran Dragic [32] / Darren Collison [16]
SG: Eric Gordon [32] / Demar DeRozan [14] / John Jenkins [2]
SF: Shawn Marion [28] / Demar DeRozan [8] / Omri Casspi [12] / Jeffery Taylor [xx]
PF: Dirk Nowitzki [32] / Derrick Favors [14] / Rashard Lewis [2] / Shawn Marion [xx]
C: Roy Hibbert [30] / Derrick Favors [10] / Brandan Wright [8]

The lineup (Age/2011-2012 PPG/2011-2012 PER):

PG: Goran Dragic [26/11.7/18.03] / Darren Collison [24/10.4/13.62]
SG: Eric Gordon [23/20.6/19.23] / Demar DeRozan [22/16.7/12.87] / John Jenkins [21/na/na]
SF: Shawn Marion [34/10.6/15.05] / Omri Casspi [24/7.1/11.26] / Jeffery Taylor [22/na/na]
PF: Dirk Nowitzki [34/21.6/21.81] / Derrick Favors [21/8/8/17.05] / Rashard Lewis [32/7.8/9.37]
C: Roy Hibbert [25/12.8/19.35] / Brandan Wright [24/6.9/21.66]

As usual, those minute breakdowns are approximate and depending on matchups, how players play, etc.

Dirk, Marion, and Rashard Lewis are the elder statesmen of a team that doesn't have any other players over the age of 26. Our big man rotation is Dirk/Hibs/Favors, while the guards will run Dragic/Gordon/Collison/DeRozan for significant minutes. Guys like Favors, DeRozan, Marion, Wright, and Lewis are flexible enough to cover more than one position in stretches, giving this team some depth and flexibility.

Dirk is our guy in the clutch, but Gordon, a powerful and quick 2-guard who can shoot, is a strong second option. This team will be powered by the pure point abilities of Dragic and Collison, who will be playing quarterback from the backcourt. Both are capable of creating plays with an unselfish flair. Hibbert, Favors, and Marion can combine to create a strong but flexible defensive frontcourt. DeRozan plays the role of microwave off the bench, since his strength is scoring in bunches anyway.

Also, Goran Dragic in the last month of his 2012 season: 18.9 points, 7.7 assists, .464 shooting. OH BMO, THAT'S FANTASTIC!

My coach: Kevin Stallings. I like Kevin Stallings. You probably don't, but that's cool.

Trades! Here's how my deals broke down in the 2012 CB Draft:

1. Clips send: 2(13) [Joe Johnson], 5(13) [Chauncey Billups], 6(12) [Jason Thompson]
for
Blazers send: 2(21) [Roy Hibbert], 3(21) [Goran Dragic], 4(4) [Derrick Favors]

2. Cavs trade 4(5) [Jeremy Lin] and 4(24) [Shawn Marion]
Clips trade 3(13) [David Lee] and 8(12) [Brandon Roy]

3. To Brooklyn: 4.5 [Lin] and 4.12 [Ryan Anderson]
To LAC: Eric Gordon and a 10.6 [Tyler Hansbrough]

4. Clippers send: Rip Hamilton, Tyler Hansbrough
Thunder send: Demar Derozan, Rashard Lewis

Philosophy:

Pick up guys who could either shoot, distribute, defend on the wings, or lock it down in the post. Hibbert might have been drafted a bit high for my liking, but his awesome 2012 playoffs merited a 2nd round choice. Favors was similarly drafted over his probable slot, but he's also coming off of a solid playoffs and added plenty of defense to the Jazz's lineups at PF and C.

Secondary Philosophy:

Convince people that Dirk's crap season was a result of the lockout. It totally was, you guys! Look at how much fresher he was once he was actually in shape...in February. And now he's got a team with actual post players! And management is actually trying to get him back to the NBA Finals! He's totally gonna bounce back, you guys!

Your outlook for the coming season:

Two legit stars in Dirk and Gordon will lift this team to a strong regular season and deep playoff run. Gordon's injury concerns are well founded, but having DeRozan behind him gives us both a strong scoring 6th man and a valid option to give Gordon some rest. Hibbert/Dirk/Favors is a three-headed big man rotation with lots of flexibility and that creates plenty of different looks we can throw at opponents. Whether it's strength, size, or athleticism, there's plenty that we can do in the paint.

Our biggest weakness is at SF right now, thanks to Marion's age. Fortunately, he'll be called on to be a 4th or 5th option on offense and he's got the old man strength and athleticism to continue to be an effective defender as a hybrid player. DeRozan and Casspi are also able to fill the position, but the guy who could snipe the most minutes from Marion is rookie Jeffery Taylor. Taylor is an athletic, highly touted defender who can shoot and get into the lane. He's inconsistent, but doesn't need to put together 35 straight solid minutes on this team. All he has to do is show up and play hardnosed D and the rest of the team can gel around that.

That brings me to my final point. We've got two Vandy guys and Vandy's illustrious head coach. Might as well just give us the SEC Championship now.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 11:21:06 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Champkind's Vanderbilt Pacers, everybody!

(Actually this year there is no Josh McRoberts, because apparently the sun stopped shining.)

Love the team Champ. Great balance. I wish you'd really pursued a Hibbert/Chandler swap or a Hibbert/KG or some other elite help defender swap. I think that keeps you from being the favorite, not just for the division, but maybe the entire conference. I think your squad has great balance, great depth, the potential to really do some damage even while the starters rest. 

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 11:22:35 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
My biggest concern with LAC is their big man defense without a mobile rim-protector like Tyson Chandler alongside the slow-footed Dirk Nowitzki.

I love LAC's offense. I think it's a powerhouse. Dirk Nowitzki and Eric Gordon is an incredible 1-2 punch and they'll combine brilliantly well in a two man game. Then Goran Dragic as a third creator (dribble penetration, shooter, scorer). Hibbert in the post. The young and improving Favors. Collison, Marion and DeRozan. Lots of weapons.

Definitely a title contender in my eyes. I just wonder whether that big man defense holds them back enough for someone else to beat them to the Title.

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 11:22:58 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
Champkind's Vanderbilt Pacers, everybody!

(Actually this year there is no Josh McRoberts, because apparently the sun stopped shining.)

Love the team Champ. Great balance. I wish you'd really pursued a Hibbert/Chandler swap or a Hibbert/KG or some other elite help defender swap. I think that keeps you from being the favorite, not just for the division, but maybe the entire conference. I think your squad has great balance, great depth, the potential to really do some damage even while the starters rest.

I realized that we didn't need Josh McRoberts because, deep down, Josh McRoberts is inside every one of us.

Pretty sure that makes us the clear favorites, now.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
My biggest concern with LAC is their big man defense without a mobile rim-protector like Tyson Chandler alongside the slow-footed Dirk Nowitzki.

I love LAC's offense. I think it's a powerhouse. Dirk Nowitzki and Eric Gordon is an incredible 1-2 punch and they'll combine brilliantly well in a two man game. Then Goran Dragic as a third creator (dribble penetration, shooter, scorer). Hibbert in the post. The young and improving Favors. Collison, Marion and DeRozan. Lots of weapons.

Definitely a title contender in my eyes. I just wonder whether that big man defense holds them back enough for someone else to beat them to the Title.

Definitely a concern (it always is with Dirk at PF), but I think Hibbert's length helps offset the difference in athleticism between he and Chandler. Also, Favors's presence will help mitigate that. Here's a not-at-all-biased account from SBNation's Jazz blog titled: Derrick Favors is a Lot Like...Alonzo Mourning?

http://www.slcdunk.com/2012/4/7/2933585/derrick-favors-is-a-lot-like-alonzo-mourning

He's also strong at defending the pick and roll: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/53962649-87/favors-orlando-defense-utah.html.csp

He needs to add strength to handle the C position at a greater clip, but he's only 20 and should be doing plenty of work in the weightroom this summer. It's not a stretch to suggest that he'll be a capable defender at PF/C, and with Dirk/Gordon/Goran in the lineup, the dropoff in offense from Hibs to Favors won't be significant. He's a great insurance policy to have behind Hibbert's length. If Hibs can't be effective with his size, Favors can put in work with his athleticism.

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 11:56:18 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Clippers

I got the Lakers ahead of you guys. I like Dirk as the best player on the court though. Thus I think that helps you out. Tell me why you feel your team will win the division.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 12:09:54 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
Clippers

I got the Lakers ahead of you guys. I like Dirk as the best player on the court though. Thus I think that helps you out. Tell me why you feel your team will win the division.

The Lakers have plenty of talent, but no real superstar with NBA Finals experience like Dirk. That'll help in a playoff setting, certainly. He's got the experience and he's the clear go-to guy in the clutch. While LAL has plenty of talent, they don't have that surefire experience for the end of games.

In terms of the regular season, the Clips match up pretty well with them - they have a strong frontcourt pairing that can give anyone headaches and a solid starting 5 behind them. The Clippers can throw Dirk/Hibs/Favors at Horford/LMA and use our strength in the backcourt to ride to victory.

Of course, the bigger reason why I think we'd have the better regular season record is thanks to our bench. I think that the Clips are the deeper team and the disparity between the two teams' starting fives is close enough that LAC's depth, particularly with guys like Collison/DeRozan/Favors coming off the bench, should be the defining factor over a tightly contested 82 games.

Again, the Lakers are very, very good. I can understand why people like them so much. But between the two teams we've got the best player (a Finals MVP) and superior depth. Is that enough to carry us to a division title? MAYBE [/Peter King'd]

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 12:12:11 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
So right now, I have

1. Golden State
2. Clippers

I see a bunch of videos posted for the lakers but not sure who is on there team.

Don't know who the other team in the division is..
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 12:16:12 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
So right now, I have

1. Golden State
2. Clippers

I see a bunch of videos posted for the lakers but not sure who is on there team.

Don't know who the other team in the division is..

The Lakers' roster is in their presser. Here you go:

C:Al Horford/ Nick Collison/ Chris Wicox
PF :LaMarcus Alridge/Chris Wilcox/ Al-Faruq Aminu
SF:Rudy Gay/ Carlos Delfino/ Dahntay Jones/ Al-Faruq Aminu
SG: Tony Allen/ Marshaun Brooks/ Dion Waiters
PG: Kyle Lowry/ Devin Harris/ Dion Waiters.

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 12:17:33 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Again, the Lakers are very, very good. I can understand why people like them so much. But between the two teams we've got the best player (a Finals MVP) and superior depth. Is that enough to carry us to a division title? MAYBE [/Peter King'd]

Listen I'm not saying the Lakers will definitely win the title, but I'm also not saying that they won't.

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2012, 12:21:44 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
ROSTER

Manu Ginobili and Klay Thompson
Andre Iguodala and Mirza Teletovic
Anthony Davis

Delonte West, Channing Frye, Darrell Arthur, Jonas Jerebko, Alec Burks
Bismack Biyombo and Patrick Mills

Athletic, dynamic guys across the roster and guys playing out of traditional positions everywhere. This may just be the most Wiggle team ever assembled.

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 12:25:28 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Question for LA.  Where do you think you would be right now if Lamarcus hadn't fallen into your lap?  Were you going to go in a different direction?