Author Topic: 90's-00's Draft (Fantasy Idea)  (Read 11220 times)

Re: The 70s-80's Draft or the 90's-00's Draft
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 12:24:40 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

;)

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 02:22:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I like the idea but I need a little more time before I can get my head back into another draft.

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 06:09:06 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
June to July is best for me for this type of draft.

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 06:47:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just going to bump this and see what the interest is in maybe getting a start up on this around June 1st. I think the better one to do to start this off would be the more modern one of doing a draft of any player that may have played in that 1990's or 2000's. That way younger players can get involved and have a good familiarity of the players we would be dealing with.

Ultimately I would like to get 30 players, but I think where the pool of talent is so much greater, we could probably do this with more than 30 teams if the interest is there.

I go on vacation tomorrow for 12 days but when I return we could start sorting out who wants to be team owners, who wants to be judging panel members, assign teams, send out the lists of available players, set up the proper threads and get it going.

New ideas would be welcome. One I like is the ability to draft head coaches, which I think would be cool.

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 06:57:44 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
Mid June (after the 11th for me).

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 07:04:27 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'd just be hesitant to put it up too close to the CB Draft which usually gets running in late July-early Aug depending on who the Commish is and when they decide to start it.

You don't want the two drafts going too close to each other.  Usually everyone needs a period of unwinding before getting involved in one of these.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 07:05:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I'd just be hesitant to put it up too close to the CB Draft which usually gets running in late July-early Aug depending on who the Commish is and when they decide to start it.

You don't want the two drafts going too close to each other.  Usually everyone needs a period of unwinding before getting involved in one of these.
So, what, start it mid May?

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 07:07:17 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

I'd actually encourage that rather than starting it later in June.

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 07:12:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I'm cool with that. It would probably be a May 10th start going for two weeks, weekdays only. I get back April 26th so on April 28th or 29th I could start the lottery for team assignments and do the draft lottery the week after that with the draft starting the Monday following.

Again, anyone interested with that date in mind, a May 10th start, please respond here or PM me. I will be looking for a five member panel of judges as well if you feel you would like to be involved but not be an owner.

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 07:17:03 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
Can we have a night portion ala the pick two draft?

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2010, 07:21:28 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

I'm cool with that. It would probably be a May 10th start going for two weeks, weekdays only. I get back April 26th so on April 28th or 29th I could start the lottery for team assignments and do the draft lottery the week after that with the draft starting the Monday following.

Again, anyone interested with that date in mind, a May 10th start, please respond here or PM me. I will be looking for a five member panel of judges as well if you feel you would like to be involved but not be an owner.

That sounds like a great plan.  I'd definitely like to be involved.  Not sure if I'd like to do a team or panel, though.

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2010, 07:26:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Can we have a night portion ala the pick two draft?
Sure, whatever makes it easier for everyone.

I want to use this draft to try some stuff out to make things as easy as possible.

A night draft though might make it tough to do a snake draft as those picking at night would then have to pick the next day. Maybe what we could do is have a co-commissioner who's main responsibility would be  to gather lists from people and be the designated drafter if people can't be available to draft. That along with assisting in trades would probably take a bunch of weight off the commissioner as the sole person of responsibility. There was talk last year of a co-commish for the CB Draft, this might be a good way to test it out.

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 07:28:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
BTW if there is a mod reading this, could you change the title to the 90's-00's Draft as I think that one will be mothballed to next year. I don't want to even attempt to try to get into the PLamb account to be able to do it.

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 07:30:11 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
One idea in terms of drafting players, stolen from
Bill Simmons, you draft the 1995 Penny Hardaway. In other words, you can only have one version of the player in the league but the drafter gets to pick which one.

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2010, 07:31:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
One idea in terms of drafting players, stolen from
Bill Simmons, you draft the 1995 Penny Hardaway. In other words, you can only have one version of the player in the league but the drafter gets to pick which one.
I like that....

I mean, I love that idea.....

Think that is going to go into the rules.