Author Topic: The Rotation Looks Real solid  (Read 5452 times)

Re: The Rotation Looks Real solid
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 07:02:55 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I see Davis as trade bait except for one thing, he can give us minutes at center against certain players.  With perks shoulder an unknown we should be keeping him around.  I loved PJ but I don't think he adds that much compared to what we've seen from 22? year old OBryant so far.

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 09:06:27 PM »

Offline CLeht11

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 2
I think we all can agree that while Bill Walker is still young, he needs to get some minutes.  If this kid can see some playing time, and he can boost his confidence we could have a monster on our hands.  He's that energy guy that we really don't have.  Tony use to be that guy, but I think he has toned down a bit after that knee.  The kid can run the floor and he's hungry - he needs to be in the game. 

He shouldn't be a garbage time player either, the dude can make an impact right away and if he can see some playing time with these superstars - watch out.
Who said the East was the JV conference? See you next year, Mr. Bryant!

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I actually expect more from the starters. Pierce and Allen were great last year, but neither was able to improve the efficiency of their offense from playing with better players and getting easier shots. I expect some of that this year. Its nice to see Pierce is a little lighter this year too.

Given the experience of last year and how young he is, it would be hard to imagine Rondo not making some significant improvements.  Perk shot a high percent, but took very few shots, so he could assert himself just a little more and make a difference. A bit more respect from the refs (which usually comes with age and championship rings)  would go a long way with him too. KG shot a high percent last year, so he has less room for improvement. Overall, I was expecting this group to need some time to develop chemistry, and we should see more of that this year.

i totally agree w/you.  we don't have many off the bench who can drain the open jump shot/3 pointer besides House. 

I like how Myles has played during the preseason...esp. from a guy who's been out of the league the last few years.  I still don't know if it is enough to make the squad...but we'll see. 

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 08:38:03 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I think the need for an extra outside shooter will be offset somewhat with more players able to drive to the hoop such as an improved Tony Allen and to a lesser extent Walker.  Also if Pruitt actually gets rotation minutes which I'm hoping he does at least spot minutes and House slides over to the 2 spot at times then there is your extra shooter although not proven to be clutch.

A previous poster is correct that Pruitt provides better defense at the PG position than House who still hustles and obviously more than Cassell.  He does need to learn how to run an offense better but that will come with more time on the floor.

Posey will be missed in the toughness category but Powe can certainly be the leader in the category and I think Walker will provide toughness at times as well.

I'm hoping Ray's and Paul's minutes are cut down so it's vital that Tony play's the way I think he can during the season. 

I really like the idea of the 1st half of the season letting these young guys play, see who fits for our playoff run, and make any changes needed by the trade deadline.