Author Topic: Suns (4-1) at Celtics (6-0) 11/6  (Read 92413 times)

Re: Suns (4-1) at Celtics (6-0) 11/6
« Reply #540 on: November 06, 2009, 10:04:58 PM »

Offline USG

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 161
Come back strong tomorrow.

« Reply #541 on: November 06, 2009, 10:06:03 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I think what we have to live with is that when this team is reaching the end of a stretch of games that all came close together, we're going to have a difficult time winning against decent teams.  Our team is more old than not, and we're gonna be pretty tired when we have a bunch of games all within a few days of each other.

After tomorrow... 8 games in 12 days.
After that... 9 games in 23 days.
We could have a really good stretch with all of that time off.

« Reply #542 on: November 06, 2009, 10:06:29 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Time to do some coaching Doc.....the offensive scheme right now is a bit flawed....

« Reply #543 on: November 06, 2009, 10:08:31 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
Phoenix wanted it more---but something has to be done about these refs----at least 6-8 calls were HORRIBLE tonight.

Stern's boys gotta keep Clev and Orl close to us in the standings us I guess.

« Reply #544 on: November 06, 2009, 10:13:47 PM »

Kiorrik

Time to do some coaching Doc.....the offensive scheme right now is a bit flawed....
103 points. 51.7% shooting, 12 turnovers, 12 off rebounds, 30 assists, it's not the offense, unless you want to blame it on our threes (4 out of 18.)

Honestly, we should have won this. 22 vs 21 fouls is nothing either. Refs were not as bad as people want them to be right now.

What we failed at tonight, was bringing our defense. It's possibly somewhere in someones locker.

We lost because we had no D. Not because of our execution.

« Reply #545 on: November 06, 2009, 10:15:11 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
103 points. 51.7% shooting, 12 turnovers, 12 off rebounds, 30 assists, it's not the offense, unless you want to blame it on our threes (4 out of 18.)

Honestly, we should have won this. 22 vs 21 fouls is nothing either. Refs were not as bad as people want them to be right now.

What we failed at tonight, was bringing our defense. It's possibly somewhere in someones locker.

We lost because we had no D. Not because of our execution.

The foul discrepancy wasn't the bad thing, the shooting foul discrepancy was the bad thing.

« Reply #546 on: November 06, 2009, 10:16:34 PM »

Kiorrik

Sorry, and (to a lesser extend) the foul shooting :P

Honestly though, 4-18 threes is un-Celticlike. Let's hope that doesn't happen anymore.

« Reply #547 on: November 06, 2009, 10:19:07 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
So I just got home and looked at the final score.
Let me guess the starters came out listless on offense and the bench couldn’t bail them out?
The defense was nowhere to be found?
We couldn’t shoot the 3s and they torched us from 3 point land? FT shooting was bad?
A Suns player, probably from the bench, went off on us?
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #548 on: November 06, 2009, 10:27:23 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
"Both teams played hard my man" Phoenix played just a little harder. I enjoy watching Nash, he still got it.

« Reply #549 on: November 06, 2009, 10:27:34 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
Let me guess the starters came out listless on offense and the bench couldn’t bail them out?
We couldn’t shoot the 3s and they torched us from 3 point land? FT shooting was bad?

lol pretty close... Rondo played well, he just didn't attack enough, KG played well, Ray could have played well but he didn't shoot much. Pierce played awful and threw up tons of bad shots. The defense was non-existent. We missed tons of 3's and free throws. The Suns made tons of 3's and free throws. The refs announced that they loved Steve Nash around halftime and after that point they called fouls on us if he tripped. It was just an all around terrible game. It was surprising that it was that close.

« Reply #550 on: November 06, 2009, 10:29:16 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE

lol pretty close... Rondo played well, he just didn't attack enough, KG played well, Ray could have played well but he didn't shoot much. Pierce played awful and threw up tons of bad shots. The defense was non-existent. We missed tons of 3's and free throws. The Suns made tons of 3's and free throws. The refs announced that they loved Steve Nash around halftime and after that point they called fouls on us if he tripped. It was just an all around terrible game. It was surprising that it was that close.

Oh yeah, Jason Richardson was like 38 for 40 shooting I think. With 17 3's made... something like that.

« Reply #551 on: November 06, 2009, 10:30:23 PM »

Kiorrik

Can someone copy paste this to the frontpage blog? It sums it all up quite adequately :]

« Reply #552 on: November 06, 2009, 10:34:05 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
Can someone copy paste this to the frontpage blog? It sums it all up quite adequately :]

haha... thanks buddy, TP!

« Reply #553 on: November 06, 2009, 10:35:32 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!

Almost, but you missed the part where the Suns got bailout calls from the refs a lot, played a near-perfect game, and barely beat the C's.  If that's what it takes to beat us, I'm fine with that.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #554 on: November 06, 2009, 10:40:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
great game.  We just lost.

Our effort was most certainly there.  The defensive intensity was there.  The Suns were making all their shots.  Great offensive team.  It happens.  We just got beat at full strength.   

Suns can't shoot over 50% from three consistently.