Poll

Close to trade deadline: What is te best trade option for Cs team?

Trade Rondo
Trade PP
Trade KG
Trade combination of Jet, Lee, Bass, Green etc
Let stay this roster like is now
Complete blow up (move KG, PP, and older vets)
Trade prospects (Sully, Bradley)
Minor deal involving non-rotation guys

Author Topic: Close to trade deadline: What is te best trade option for Cs team?  (Read 5888 times)

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Close to trade deadline: What is te best trade option for Cs team?

Re: Close to trade deadline: What is te best trade options for Cs team?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I voted "stay as is", but would be ok with trading any of our role players for an obvious upgrade.

KG/PP/RR are off limits for me.

Re: Close to trade deadline: What is te best trade option for Cs team?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 08:59:51 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
stand pat. Add a big via DLeague or waiver wire.

Have Melo burn some time on the court.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 09:58:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Tinker around the edges, but keep the core intact.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 10:01:28 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Like? Who would you want moved and for what?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 10:05:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Like? Who would you want moved and for what?

No idea; I don't know what's out there.

I'd gladly move Jason Collins and Fab Melo for a big man that can actually help.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 10:13:32 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Was just watching Stien on around the NBA or something on ESPN2 and he was saying that is unlikely that we move KG or Paul which I figured was the case already, But Gm's around the league are thinking they will either try and get a patch big man to help them get to the finsih line or move Bass,Lee,or Terry for Lux. Tax relief. So hopefully we could work something out and get a solid big.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 10:14:59 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
No trade is the best trade
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 10:16:24 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I say drop the bomb. As fun as it will be to watch this team fight for the 8th seed and battle Miami in the first round the future needs to take priority. I don't want this team to bottom out like the per Paul pierce years. We should have got mayo for ray, lets not make the same mistake. If Paul can go to a contented then send him ( maybe to spurs for Jackson splitter and 1st?). If kg can land us Bledsoe then ainge needs to do it. Then figure out rondo or Bledsoe in the offseason. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 10:20:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I say drop the bomb. As fun as it will be to watch this team fight for the 8th seed and battle Miami in the first round the future needs to take priority. I don't want this team to bottom out like the per Paul pierce years. We should have got mayo for ray, lets not make the same mistake. If Paul can go to a contented then send him ( maybe to spurs for Jackson splitter and 1st?). If kg can land us Bledsoe then ainge needs to do it. Then figure out rondo or Bledsoe in the offseason.

In the post-KG/Pierce world, how are we going to become a contender again without bottoming out?

A team built around guys like Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger, O.J. Mayo, and Eric Bledsoe isn't going to contend.  Unless we acquire a superstar somewhere along the line, we're going to be stuck in mediocrity for a long time.  Normally, the best chance at a superstar is through the draft.

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 10:38:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

In the post-KG/Pierce world, how are we going to become a contender again without bottoming out?

A team built around guys like Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger, O.J. Mayo, and Eric Bledsoe isn't going to contend.  Unless we acquire a superstar somewhere along the line, we're going to be stuck in mediocrity for a long time.  Normally, the best chance at a superstar is through the draft.
Begs the question:

Just how high a draft pick could Rajon Rondo get the Celtics in the coming draft? If reports by June sound good, could sending Rondo out for a top pick this year be worth a trade and is there a team out there stupid enough to do something like that?

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 10:41:27 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Folks. Let stay this roster like is now...means playing like right now without Rondo

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 10:42:32 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Begs the question:

Just how high a draft pick could Rajon Rondo get the Celtics in the coming draft? If reports by June sound good, could sending Rondo out for a top pick this year be worth a trade and is there a team out there stupid enough to do something like that?

He could be worth the top 1 pick plus another one or two lottery picks..

Best pg in the game, top 3 best assister EVER
Transcendental franchise player.

That is all.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 10:43:03 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Begs the question:

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 10:47:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Begs the question:

He could be worth the top 1 pick plus another one or two lottery picks..

Best pg in the game, top 3 best assister EVER
Transcendental franchise player.

That is all.

Currently, I'd say there are probably two "transcendental franchise players" in the NBA, Lebron and Durant.  Those two would make any team in the league a contender.  I'm not sure you can say that about anybody else at this stage.  I think a handful of guys per decade probably fit this description -- Duncan, Kobe, KG -- but I think Rondo is on the outside looking in.

If Danny gets a chance to move Rondo for the #1 pick plus multiple future picks, I think he would have to do it.  I don't think he'll be valued that highly, though.