Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 203432 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #885 on: January 03, 2019, 12:16:08 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Embiid has 30pts/14rebs in the 1st half against the Suns.  14 of 16 from the line.  Playing against Ayton and the Suns does a stat line good!! 

In their win against the Clips, Embiid became the fastest Sixer to reach 3000 pts at the start of their career doing so in 130 games.

does that include the three or so years he spent on the bench? This is like giving Simmons rookie of the year in his second year.
That's nonsense.  This is actual games played.  The same for everyone.  It is actually more impressive since it includes all the games where they were limiting his minutes.

Meh, its in essence the same as Simmons being ROY mr Sixers fan.
Only to the utterly clueless.  The more I'm on here the more I question my sanity in being a Celtics fan.
Wait one moment....you're a Celtic fan? Not trying to question your fanhood. I always just assumed you were a polite Sixers fan that happened to like the site. Really did.
Well you assumed wrong.  As I've stated a number of times, I've been a Celtics fan since the Bird era.   I've also stated a number of time that I'm a big Embiid fan which is why I follow the Sixers.  Did you actually miss all my non-Sixers related posts on here?  Did you miss that I use "we" when referring to the Celtics?  Did you miss my lack of posts bashing the Celtics?  Do you honestly think a Sixers fan would make 4000+ posts on a Celtics forum?  The level of conversation on here just isn't that good.
Sorry my man, nope, never noticed the pro Celtics stuff. Really only ever noticed your pro Sixer stuff. And over the years we have had a lot of posters that are fans of other teams and stay. Yes, many are fans of the Cs and other teams teams too. I remember this huge Laker fan who posted here for some time between 2008 and 2010. Nice guy and racked up a ton of posts.

I just never noticed you ever saying anything good about the Celtics and yet saw you defended the Sixers at every turn. So yeah, I just assumed you to be a Sixer fan. Sorry.

« Reply #886 on: January 03, 2019, 12:41:27 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Nader looking great for OKC right now
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #887 on: January 03, 2019, 12:44:09 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Big D McGee back it with 4 blocks tonight. My fantasy team was missing him. He puts up some good stats when LeBron is not there stealing rebounds

« Reply #888 on: January 03, 2019, 12:46:21 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Davis with 34 points and 26 rebounds  :o  :o  :o

But Pelicans fall 126-121.

lol Pels currently #7 on tankathon too.

« Reply #889 on: January 03, 2019, 12:49:27 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
I’d love to see the Celtics bring in Noel

« Reply #890 on: January 03, 2019, 12:50:24 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Lakers are giving this game away. So sloppy. I like it

« Reply #891 on: January 03, 2019, 03:30:57 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Embiid has 30pts/14rebs in the 1st half against the Suns.  14 of 16 from the line.  Playing against Ayton and the Suns does a stat line good!! 

In their win against the Clips, Embiid became the fastest Sixer to reach 3000 pts at the start of their career doing so in 130 games.

does that include the three or so years he spent on the bench? This is like giving Simmons rookie of the year in his second year.
That's nonsense.  This is actual games played.  The same for everyone.  It is actually more impressive since it includes all the games where they were limiting his minutes.

Only to the utterly clueless.  The more I'm on here the more I question my sanity in being a Celtics fan.
Wait one moment....you're a Celtic fan? Not trying to question your fanhood. I always just assumed you were a polite Sixers fan that happened to like the site. Really did.
Well you assumed wrong.  As I've stated a number of times, I've been a Celtics fan since the Bird era.   I've also stated a number of time that I'm a big Embiid fan which is why I follow the Sixers.  Did you actually miss all my non-Sixers related posts on here?  Did you miss that I use "we" when referring to the Celtics?  Did you miss my lack of posts bashing the Celtics?  Do you honestly think a Sixers fan would make 4000+ posts on a Celtics forum?  The level of conversation on here just isn't that good.
Sorry my man, nope, never noticed the pro Celtics stuff. Really only ever noticed your pro Sixer stuff. And over the years we have had a lot of posters that are fans of other teams and stay. Yes, many are fans of the Cs and other teams teams too. I remember this huge Laker fan who posted here for some time between 2008 and 2010. Nice guy and racked up a ton of posts.

I just never noticed you ever saying anything good about the Celtics and yet saw you defended the Sixers at every turn. So yeah, I just assumed you to be a Sixer fan. Sorry.
I was in the same boat a year or two back with tazz. Honestly thought he was a soxera fan for quite some time but then he did a post addressing it. Honest mistake

« Reply #892 on: January 03, 2019, 08:35:53 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Yeah, he insisted he was a couple of times. I’m a believer that actions speak louder than words. I mean couldn’t I just join Liberty Ballers and talk only about the Celtics while saying I only do so because I really like Irving? Since he finds the level of conversation here “not that good” and he questions his “sanity” in even being this alleged C’s fan, why not just seek shelter in the aforementioned Sixers forum? I’m sure the 99% of his 4000 posts where, you know, he seems to be discussing the team he “doesn’t like” (cough, cough) would be really well received there.

« Reply #893 on: January 03, 2019, 10:43:15 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Westbrook had another 3-20 FGAs game.

God his shooting is dreadful this year.

« Reply #894 on: January 03, 2019, 12:20:27 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Yeah, he insisted he was a couple of times. I’m a believer that actions speak louder than words. I mean couldn’t I just join Liberty Ballers and talk only about the Celtics while saying I only do so because I really like Irving? Since he finds the level of conversation here “not that good” and he questions his “sanity” in even being this alleged C’s fan, why not just seek shelter in the aforementioned Sixers forum? I’m sure the 99% of his 4000 posts where, you know, he seems to be discussing the team he “doesn’t like” (cough, cough) would be really well received there.
you know you can actually look this stuff up. 

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=55506

very little about the Sixers in there.  Not all the other stuff is about the Celtics, but certainly a fair amount of Celtics related posts. 

Just because you only stalk him in the Sixers threads, doesn't mean he doesn't post in the other ones.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #895 on: January 03, 2019, 12:26:08 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Westbrook had another 3-20 FGAs game.

God his shooting is dreadful this year.

Hayward could have done better  ;)than that in the Spurs game where he layed an egg but was 0-6.

« Reply #896 on: January 03, 2019, 01:01:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I was in the same boat a year or two back with tazz. Honestly thought he was a soxera fan for quite some time but then he did a post addressing it. Honest mistake

I technically joined in 2014 but didn't become a regular poster here until like 2016. But I was always a silent reader still and I had always thought LarBrd33 was a Sixers fan on here, or a fan of some team not named the Celtics.  :P

Then he technically "retired" the first time after 20K posts (his last one - 20,000th - announcing it) and then I was like "oh wait he must be a diehard Celtics fan" after his long "last post" as well.

I still feel like he's a closet Sixers fan though lol and frankly I bet even the "newer generation" here thinks or thought at some point LarBrd was a true Sixers fan LOL.

Tazz has mentioned often though that he's a diehard Celtics fan. But yeah it can be hard to telling at times as sometimes there are real fans of other teams here/still here.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #897 on: January 03, 2019, 01:16:28 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Jaylen Is again sporting a bad FT% (65.5, up from 64.4 last year) but C’s biggest rival has two notable recently drafted players worse this season

Lonzo ball shot 45.1% from the line last year, 45% so far this year

Ingram is 62% this year on an average 5.1 attempts, 68.1% last year on 4.8 attempts per game

« Reply #898 on: January 03, 2019, 08:43:14 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Hearing audible boos for Kawhi in San Antonio, lol

Spurs giving TOR the business...tremendous defensive pressure.

I think they REALLY want this one for Demar.

« Reply #899 on: January 03, 2019, 08:53:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Hearing audible boos for Kawhi in San Antonio, lol

Spurs giving TOR the business...tremendous defensive pressure.

I think they REALLY want this one for Demar.

Wow already up 45-19 on the Raptors  :o

And frankly I don't blame SAS fans. Kawhi pretty much quit on the Spurs for the season and in a way wasted their season (sort of like the LeVeon Bell saga with the Steelers in NFL). It also feels like he was a bit disrespectful to Pop and the organization all throughout last year with his injury updates and trade demands.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller