Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 206262 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #840 on: December 28, 2018, 11:31:56 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Magic destroying Raptors by 30 after 3 quarters.

Raptors human.

Bucks are the new team to fear apparently. I don’t think anyone fears anyone in the league at the moment.

« Reply #841 on: December 28, 2018, 11:48:23 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I'm not sure if we have a Nader Watch thread, but he's playing for OKC in a real dust-up with Phoenix right now.   ;D

I know I am probably the last Nader fan on this site, but he did put up 18/5 in 33 min tonight.  Glad to see he did well with PG out tonight.

« Reply #842 on: December 29, 2018, 01:07:52 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Is Rick Carlisle an idiot or did his team just totally ignore him at the end of today's Pelican game? They did not even look at their clutch star Doncic at the end of the game. The refs robbed Mavericks in this one. Doncic was clearly fouled towards the end and the refs swallowed the whistle.

« Reply #843 on: December 29, 2018, 01:11:31 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Is Rick Carlisle an idiot or did his team just totally ignore him at the end of today's Pelican game? They did not even look at their clutch star Doncic at the end of the game. The refs robbed Mavericks in this one. Doncic was clearly fouled towards the end and the refs swallowed the whistle.

Doncic is still a rookie...But look out league because this guy is legit...man wished Danny found a way to nab him in the draft, would have been willing to sacrifice Brown, Rozier and the sac pick for him, I mean Brown and TRoz's value was at an all time high last summer.

« Reply #844 on: December 29, 2018, 01:14:26 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I'm not sure if we have a Nader Watch thread, but he's playing for OKC in a real dust-up with Phoenix right now.   ;D

I know I am probably the last Nader fan on this site, but he did put up 18/5 in 33 min tonight.  Glad to see he did well with PG out tonight.

What?..Nader put up astounding numbers better than our golden max player Hayward...that is blasphemous.

« Reply #845 on: December 29, 2018, 01:44:30 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Nikola Vucevic 30 points and 20 rebounds....who needs Anthony Davis  ;D ;D ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #846 on: December 29, 2018, 06:27:49 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Me! He put up his fourth 48/17 game against the Mavs.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #847 on: December 29, 2018, 08:23:35 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
amazing that after our poor play we still are only 4.5 games out of first.

« Reply #848 on: December 29, 2018, 08:38:37 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Scoring numbers across the board have been nuts this season, mostly because guys are basically no longer allowed to defend due to current NBA officiating,

« Reply #849 on: December 29, 2018, 08:45:24 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Scoring numbers across the board have been nuts this season, mostly because guys are basically no longer allowed to defend due to current NBA officiating,
No doubt, but I meant across his career. Davis has still dropped 40+ 6 times already this season, which is crazy. His scoring, rebounding and steal numbers have all increased, alongside a massive 2.3 assist per game increase (double what he averaged last season). Dude just won't stop improving.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #850 on: December 29, 2018, 10:30:17 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
So the Bucks are pretty much the 1 seed in the East right now. Wow.

But yeah there's a 4.5 game gap between us (5 seed) and MIL (1 seed). We've got to find consistency. I'm not saying we have to beat every elite team in the schedule (though that'd be nice) but there are times we come out and look dominant against one team, then next game come out 100% flat. If we do that all season, then yeah we're finishing as a 4th or 5th seed. If we can improve on that, we're at least a 3 seed, probably even 2 seed.

Lot of time left in the season, but January will be a big month IMO. We're in a tough part of the schedule now but it'll ease up soon and we've got to take advantage again. I'm not concerned about the "we can't beat elite teams" notion because the truth is, we have beaten elite teams this season and we're capable of doing it (we've proven it). Problem is, we're just inconsistent on a game-by-game basis and play down to a lot of the bad/mediocre teams. Fortunately TOR/MIL haven't really run away with the East yet (TOR in particular has stumbled a bit lately) nor have IND/PHI increased the gap at the 3-4 seeds, so there's still a solid chance at a Top-2 seed.

I do think tonight is a must win though. Had a fantastic win against PHI, then came out flat against HOU. If we come out flat again and lose tonight, then I don't like where this season is going. The one great thing about last year's team was that even when they lost, they came back and rebounded in big ways. This year's team seems to have STRETCHES/PERIODS of bad play and that's not a good thing.

Injuries suck and they've especially hurt our depth at C, but as we saw in the PHI game if we put in effort and have confidence, good things will happen. None of that showed in the HOU game though.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #851 on: December 29, 2018, 10:48:38 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

sad for me ...i enjoy watching defensive effort .  Kinda takes the heart out of old school players that believe in defense.   Little kids want to see buckets , thats their entertainment.  Appreciation of great defense is an adult thing mostly Offense is a TV rating draw for kids and occasional fans without much insight.   True patrons of the game enjoy seeing defensive effort and intensity as well as dunks .
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 11:27:57 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #852 on: December 29, 2018, 12:42:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

But yeah there's a 4.5 game gap between us (5 seed) and MIL (1 seed). We've got to find consistency. I'm not saying we have to beat every elite team in the schedule (though that'd be nice) but there are times we come out and look dominant against one team, then next game come out 100% flat. If we do that all season, then yeah we're finishing as a 4th or 5th seed. If we can improve on that, we're at least a 3 seed, probably even 2 seed.

Lot of time left in the season, but January will be a big month IMO. We're in a tough part of the schedule now but it'll ease up soon and we've got to take advantage again. I'm not concerned about the "we can't beat elite teams" notion because the truth is, we have beaten elite teams this season and we're capable of doing it (we've proven it). Problem is, we're just inconsistent on a game-by-game basis and play down to a lot of the bad/mediocre teams. Fortunately TOR/MIL haven't really run away with the East yet (TOR in particular has stumbled a bit lately) nor have IND/PHI increased the gap at the 3-4 seeds, so there's still a solid chance at a Top-2 seed.

I do think tonight is a must win though. Had a fantastic win against PHI, then came out flat against HOU. If we come out flat again and lose tonight, then I don't like where this season is going. The one great thing about last year's team was that even when they lost, they came back and rebounded in big ways. This year's team seems to have STRETCHES/PERIODS of bad play and that's not a good thing.

Injuries suck and they've especially hurt our depth at C, but as we saw in the PHI game if we put in effort and have confidence, good things will happen. None of that showed in the HOU game though.
I don't think we came out flat against Houston or even had a bad game offensively. We were good there. The problem was hot shooting for Houston. Houston scored 70 points in the 2nd half. Some of that was defensive effort but some of that was terrific shooting over good defense as well.

Harden was 5-8 from three after one quarter and that's with four of those makes being with tight coverage and a contested shot. Harden went for 17 in the 1st. He ended up 9-18 from three. He usually only makes 4.5 threes a game. That extra 13.5 points he got just from made threes was the difference in the game.

Houston as a whole shoots only 34% from three. They went for 40% that night. 18-45 from three. That's where the C's lost the game. Some of that was defensive effort but more than some of that was knocking down shots even while being defended real good.

Against most of the rest of the league, Boston wins with the performance Boston had against Houston.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 12:50:25 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #853 on: December 29, 2018, 01:50:05 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1079044370752516098
Beard x Brow
Don't miss @HoustonRockets vs. @PelicansNBA // 7pm ET on NBA TV!

« Reply #854 on: December 29, 2018, 02:27:29 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

I don't think we came out flat against Houston or even had a bad game offensively. We were good there. The problem was hot shooting for Houston. Houston scored 70 points in the 2nd half. Some of that was defensive effort but some of that was terrific shooting over good defense as well.

Harden was 5-8 from three after one quarter and that's with four of those makes being with tight coverage and a contested shot. Harden went for 17 in the 1st. He ended up 9-18 from three. He usually only makes 4.5 threes a game. That extra 13.5 points he got just from made threes was the difference in the game.

Houston as a whole shoots only 34% from three. They went for 40% that night. 18-45 from three. That's where the C's lost the game. Some of that was defensive effort but more than some of that was knocking down shots even while being defended real good.

Against most of the rest of the league, Boston wins with the performance Boston had against Houston.

Yeah Houston just had a phenomenal shooting night. Even Austin Freakin' Rivers was killing us.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller