Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 203701 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #330 on: October 31, 2018, 10:28:47 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
This sounds crazy but... am I the only one who would love it if Klay signed up for the Lakers?

I’d love to see him go against Steph and KD and whoever makes it out west, id love to face in the Finals
- LilRip

« Reply #331 on: October 31, 2018, 10:34:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
With Butler skipping out, Derrick Rose has a CAREER HIGH (you read that right) 44 and counting in a tight one against Utah.  He's had a great resurgence this year.

50 and a game-sealing block for D Rose. What a story. 

3 4 50 point scorers so far, two of them for the first time. Crazy year and it's still October!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:45:07 PM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #332 on: October 31, 2018, 11:16:38 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
This sounds crazy but... am I the only one who would love it if Klay signed up for the Lakers?

I’d love to see him go against Steph and KD and whoever makes it out west, id love to face in the Finals

I wouldn't want the Lakers making it into the Finals until the Celtics win a couple more banners to build some distance in the banner counts.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #333 on: October 31, 2018, 11:23:28 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
With Butler skipping out, Derrick Rose has a CAREER HIGH (you read that right) 44 and counting in a tight one against Utah.  He's had a great resurgence this year.

50 and a game-sealing block for D Rose. What a story. 

3 4 50 point scorers so far, two of them for the first time. Crazy year and it's still October!

I miss this Derrick Rose.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #334 on: October 31, 2018, 11:27:13 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Very much. He had 52 points in 27 mins (again) on Monday.  Greater league balance would be nice, but it'd also be fun to see how good he could be with a larger offensive role.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #335 on: October 31, 2018, 11:38:20 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Wendell Carter Jr. had a big game.  25 points, 8 rebs, 5 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks.  I was really hoping the Celtics could figure out a way to get him.  Horford 2.0

« Reply #336 on: November 01, 2018, 04:27:59 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Very much. He had 52 points in 27 mins (again) on Monday.  Greater league balance would be nice, but it'd also be fun to see how good he could be with a larger offensive role.

These may be the most disturbing posts I’ve ever read on this blog.  Hoping that the Lakers sign yet another top FA so they can again be championship ready. I can picture Magic’s satisfied smile and Jack Nicholson’s cocky grin. Showtime is re-birthed.  I’m feeling ill. 

With the world as it is today and you are hoping that the Lakers buy themselves another banner... #17.  And now I have to get up for work.

« Reply #337 on: November 01, 2018, 07:15:14 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

These may be the most disturbing posts I’ve ever read on this blog.  Hoping that the Lakers sign yet another top FA so they can again be championship ready. I can picture Magic’s satisfied smile and Jack Nicholson’s cocky grin. Showtime is re-birthed.  I’m feeling ill. 

With the world as it is today and you are hoping that the Lakers buy themselves another banner... #17.  And now I have to get up for work.

Holy misperception. I said I'd like to see Klay on another team, nothing of the Lakers or their championships. If anything, his departure for LA would improve our odds of a championship. 

You work too hard, NG.  I've found that daily mediocre performance tempers expectations and reduces my own stress.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #338 on: November 01, 2018, 07:15:26 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

you might be on this blog .   i never want the lakers to have anything ......but a bad season.

« Reply #339 on: November 01, 2018, 07:16:28 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206

Very well put sir, couldn't agree more. Some of this pro-Lakers, 'oh they're so fun to watch' talk makes me nauseous.

They're fun to watch when they lose. That's it.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #340 on: November 01, 2018, 07:17:07 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I think you're fooling yourself if you think adding Klay makes the Lakers a legit contender. It would weaken the Warriors, and give then a harder path to the finals, but the Lakers wouldn't be a real threat for beating the Warriors and Celtics unless they also added another (bigger) name
I'm bitter.

« Reply #341 on: November 01, 2018, 07:44:14 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
How many teams would use Klay Thompson as their first option? Sac, Phx, Heat, Nets, Dallas, Chicago, Orl, Charlotte, Knicks... Washington and Phili maybe?

I'd say Cleveland, New York, Chicago, Brooklyn, Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Sacramento, Memphis, and Clippers.

Whaaaaa?

He would be the first option on like 20 teams.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #342 on: November 01, 2018, 08:40:24 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
How many teams would use Klay Thompson as their first option? Sac, Phx, Heat, Nets, Dallas, Chicago, Orl, Charlotte, Knicks... Washington and Phili maybe?

I'd say Cleveland, New York, Chicago, Brooklyn, Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Sacramento, Memphis, and Clippers.

Whaaaaa?

Such as? I can quite comfortably think of 10+ teams with better offensive players than Klay
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2018, 09:41:23 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

Whaaaaa?

Such as? I can quite comfortably think of 10+ teams with better offensive players than Klay

Like such as...

Shout out to Miss South Carolina.

No, maybe I'm exagerrating, but he maybe gets more shots up than Lillard, DeRozan, Blake, Embiid, PG on those teams (if they are smart). Mitchell should take a backseat too. Denver.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2018, 09:52:52 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Wendell Carter Jr. had a big game.  25 points, 8 rebs, 5 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks.  I was really hoping the Celtics could figure out a way to get him.  Horford 2.0
Gonna be a very interesting ROY race, though I can't imagine Doncic not getting it.