Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 203442 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #315 on: October 30, 2018, 03:30:54 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
As much as they weren't gonna be contenders, who would have thought that the Cavs would be the last team in the NBA to win a game this season?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #316 on: October 30, 2018, 05:53:44 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
As much as they weren't gonna be contenders, who would have thought that the Cavs would be the last team in the NBA to win a game this season?
I am not that surprised.
Rookie PG.
Their leader left a huge hole.
The defense was horrendous even before, now the offense is too.
Ownership is already tanking.

Somebody has to be the last.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #317 on: October 30, 2018, 06:56:10 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I am not that surprised.
Rookie PG.
Their leader left a huge hole.
The defense was horrendous even before, now the offense is too.
Ownership is already tanking.

Somebody has to be the last.

that WAS TEAM LABRON ,    i said last year , without Bron they are not making the playoffs ,  he totally carried that team when it counted.  Basically doing same in LA .  Who is LA gonna beat without a Bron triple double every night . Especially out west.   Bron is starting to look middle aged , like an older boxer ,  not slim anymore .

« Reply #318 on: October 30, 2018, 07:22:54 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The 2017-2018 Lakers had a better 7-game start than the 2018-2019 Lakers...

let that sink in.
Ha! What a horrible time to be an LA sports fan, unless support the 4-2 Clippers

LeBron James is losing patience. He's about to clean house for the Lakers ahahaha.

Lue is available
Yup

« Reply #319 on: October 30, 2018, 07:44:55 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The 2017-2018 Lakers had a better 7-game start than the 2018-2019 Lakers...

let that sink in.
Ha! What a horrible time to be an LA sports fan, unless support the 4-2 Clippers

LeBron James is losing patience. He's about to clean house for the Lakers ahahaha.

Lue is available
That would be too hilarious
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2018, 08:32:28 AM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
How many teams would use Klay Thompson as their first option? Sac, Phx, Heat, Nets, Dallas, Chicago, Orl, Charlotte, Knicks... Washington and Phili maybe?
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #321 on: October 30, 2018, 08:42:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
How many teams would use Klay Thompson as their first option? Sac, Phx, Heat, Nets, Dallas, Chicago, Orl, Charlotte, Knicks... Washington and Phili maybe?
I don't think the last 4 would, and by next year I don't think Dallas would either.

I think a lot of his strength comes from having so much attention drawn away from him by KD and Curry
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #322 on: October 30, 2018, 08:46:41 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
This season starts off CRAZY!!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:23:17 AM by apc »

« Reply #323 on: October 30, 2018, 10:23:15 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I use to like watching the Warriors play, but have avoided watching any of their games since Durant signed (other than against the Celtics or the Finals). I was watching some highlights on ESPN, and they were showing the Warriors v Bulls game, where Klay was going off. The Warriors seemed like they were making a mockery of the game, and making the Bulls part of a punch line in a bad joke. How did the Bulls players lay down and die on their home court? Someone needed to go Zaza Pachulia, and take Thompson, Curry or Durant out. If it was OK for Golden State to take out Kawhi, then it should be OK against a Warriors player too.

Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem if a team is just better. If both teams are playing under the same rules, then there should be no excuses. However, when the game is so out of hand and no longer competitive, the winning team should show some sportsmanship and not rub it in and continually try to embarrass their opponent.

« Reply #324 on: October 30, 2018, 10:43:30 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I use to like watching the Warriors play, but have avoided watching any of their games since Durant signed (other than against the Celtics or the Finals). I was watching some highlights on ESPN, and they were showing the Warriors v Bulls game, where Klay was going off. The Warriors seemed like they were making a mockery of the game, and making the Bulls part of a punch line in a bad joke. How did the Bulls players lay down and die on their home court? Someone needed to go Zaza Pachulia, and take Thompson, Curry or Durant out. If it was OK for Golden State to take out Kawhi, then it should be OK against a Warriors player too.

Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem if a team is just better. If both teams are playing under the same rules, then there should be no excuses. However, when the game is so out of hand and no longer competitive, the winning team should show some sportsmanship and not rub it in and continually try to embarrass their opponent.

Curry, Durant, and Thompson didn't play past the (I think) 6 minute mark of the 3rd quarter.

However, I do agree with you. If I'm the Bulls, I don't let that happen. I wouldn't try to injure Thompson - that is the definition of bad sportsmanship. However, I would double him off every screen and refuse to let him get the record. If he drove, I'd try really hard to block the shot (not just contest), and if I fouled him, I fouled him.

« Reply #325 on: October 30, 2018, 10:55:24 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
The Bucks are looking really strong. Great game from them against the Raptors. Under Budenholzer this is a completely different team. It's well rounded with good shooters, where Ilyasova and Lopez are great additions and undervalued players. It's been real fun to watch their games.

Raptors on the other hand lack scoring options when Leonard is not available. Lowry isn't a go-to scorer anymore. More like a formidable role player like Marcus Smart.

« Reply #326 on: October 30, 2018, 11:10:03 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

Curry, Durant, and Thompson didn't play past the (I think) 6 minute mark of the 3rd quarter.

However, I do agree with you. If I'm the Bulls, I don't let that happen. I wouldn't try to injure Thompson - that is the definition of bad sportsmanship. However, I would double him off every screen and refuse to let him get the record. If he drove, I'd try really hard to block the shot (not just contest), and if I fouled him, I fouled him.

At a minimum, you foul Klay whenever he touches the ball, and prevent him from putting up another shot.

« Reply #327 on: October 30, 2018, 11:53:41 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

I'd say Cleveland, New York, Chicago, Brooklyn, Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Sacramento, Memphis, and Clippers.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #328 on: October 30, 2018, 12:04:31 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

This is professional sports, there's no such thing as 'calling off the dogs'. They're under no obligation to take it easy, it's their opponents job to stop them. Chicago is just a really bad defensive team, probably the worst in the league right now, so I'm not surprised this happened to them.

That said, GSW did eventually take it easy on Chicago, and ended up subbing out most all of their starters mid-way through the 3rd quarter.  Which is a major reason why the Bulls actually outscored the Warriors by 17 points in the 2nd half. 

« Reply #329 on: October 31, 2018, 10:20:50 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
With Butler skipping out, Derrick Rose has a CAREER HIGH (you read that right) 44 and counting in a tight one against Utah.  He's had a great resurgence this year.

Plus 2 games in OT and the ESPN game is down to the wire too. Good night of ball so far.