Author Topic: Lee and Green = $60 mil of garbage  (Read 16523 times)

Re: Lee and Green = $60 mil of garbage
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2012, 07:19:02 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
i hope danny would try and make history by sending a 9mil player to the d-league and try playing joseph for a change. im getting tired of green's un-assertiveness.

And kill his confidence even further?

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2012, 07:49:16 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i hope danny would try and make history by sending a 9mil player to the d-league and try playing joseph for a change. im getting tired of green's un-assertiveness.

You have a point .  Green is playing is so lack-luster 99% of the time, I'd rather see Kris Joseph play at the 3 when Pierce sits.

I'm good with Wilcox and Bass and Sully.

Lee and Green would be fine , IF the Celtics had Kobe /Lebron/Durant or some guys dropping 30-40 every game.  Then that role of 8 points a game is ok.

If Pierce and Kg aren't getting their old numbers , that is why we need the younger guys to step up and score the ball.

Not going to beat many teams with a jump shooting team with no scoring or Rebounding Center on Offense.  If the Center can't score , then he has to at least control the paint 50% of the time to give his team a chance. We control the paint 5% .......KG doesn't want to play in the paint .

If the Celtics are going to Loose playing small ball , might as well play Fab to and let him learn on the job training.

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2012, 08:00:11 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

And kill his confidence even further?

the only way he can get his confidence up is by being traded to other team and not playing doc's system. up to now it just doesn't fit with green and doc. bring him back to OKC and for sure his game will light up.

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2012, 08:45:58 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Green/Lee are too talented to continue to slump this poorly during the season...both are shooting below their career averages.

But, part of that has to be put on Doc Rivers..When a player is slumping YOU have to find them a way to get them easy buckets/their shot and get them in a Rhythm/involved

Why not call some plays specifically for green instead of watiing for him to CALL for the ball? he's still taking around 7 shots a game which is what he should get...but the quality of those shots right now is questionable

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Garbage?  That is pretty harsh but the truth is our whole bench has been a disappointment.  It was supposed to be our strenght.  From 82games:

Barbosa 30% 16.4 14.6 +1.8 -9.2 +2.3 -11.5 -2.6
 Green 46% 9.5 11.7 -2.2 -4.5 +1.7 -6.2 -3.5
 Lee 48% 7.6 13.6 -6.0 -4.3 +1.7 -6.0 -6.0
 Sullinger 37% 13.5 23.5 -10.0 -5.9 +1.6 -7.4 -9.1

Our bench is losing games for us.  Lee and Green should be thriving in a bench role.  I really don't understand it.  A bench of Barbosa, Lee, Green, Sullinger, and say Wilcox should be a strength. 

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2012, 09:47:50 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Gotta agree...our worst rotation players

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2012, 09:58:13 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Lee needs to get busier offensively  He's scoring 5 points in 22 minutes, and a true impact bench player will score a point every two or so minutes, not a point every four minutes.  That's horrible.

Same thing with Green who's a hair above a point every three minutes. Maybe these guys just haven't gotten comfortable in their roles yet, but both of them have been around the league for a while. 

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2012, 10:07:34 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Lee 4pts , 4 rebs
green 2 pts, 0 rebs

I know both were shaken up in the game, but this is getting real old quick

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2012, 10:09:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah, I'm quickly losing my patience / optimism with these two.

Terry is wearing out his welcome with  me, too.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2012, 10:10:17 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
No one close to how poorly these guys have played, given what was expected.

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2012, 10:30:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Barring a miracle.... I don't see how DA keeps these two guys around. We would be BETTER off with da BIG BABY DAvis than Green.

ANd JET refuses to play defense half the time  ??? ::) :'(

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2012, 10:34:17 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Lee is getting paid less than the mid level, so he's not not that overpaid.  And at least he is providing us with something (defense).

I'm sharing the same sentiment as many of you with Jeff Green.  People need to stop making excuses for him.  He just doesn't seem to care or be trying.  I also wouldn't mind seeing Kris Joseph up here instead and also hope if Green has any trade value left, that management gets something out of it before it is gone.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2012, 10:38:27 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Starting Green is final option left. If he continues to struggle, I can't see Celtics keeping him.

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2012, 10:44:23 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Starting Green is final option left. If he continues to struggle, I can't see Celtics keeping him.

Teams generally dont cut ties with players after they struggle for a mere 15games...some players struggle for months..and then have months where they hit everything in sight.

I remember Ray allen looking like garbage during points when he was with the C's and times when he was red hot

Lee/Green are career double digit scorers. They'll break out of it eventually

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2012, 10:47:06 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Teams generally dont cut ties with players after they struggle for a mere 15games...some players struggle for months..and then have months where they hit everything in sight.

I remember Ray allen looking like garbage during points when he was with the C's and times when he was red hot

Lee/Green are career double digit scorers. They'll break out of it eventually

Jeff Green is what he is. A passive player who occasionally will have a good game. He might be the softest player in the NBA. I guess that's what $9 million will get you.