Author Topic: The new Breed of NBA bigs is here and it's awesome  (Read 1558 times)

The new Breed of NBA bigs is here and it's awesome
« on: June 21, 2018, 05:51:39 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
When have we ever seen a draft where in an age dominated by wings and guards five of the top six are big men, and they all shoot three's.

Even Ayton the seven foot 265 pound monster freak shoots the three well and has great form. Bamba shot looks promising, Jacksons dad Jaren Jackson always had him shooting three's.

Wendell Carter is Al Horford light meaning he does it all. Bagley was touched by the hand of God to play basketball to steal David Griffin line.

The new breed of Switching, moving, three point shooting, shot blocking bigs have arrived, and it's awesome.

Re: The new Breed of NBA bigs is here and it's awesome
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 05:54:17 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
When have we ever seen a draft where in an age dominated by wings and guards five of the top six are big men, and they all shoot three's.

Even Ayton the seven foot 265 pound monster freak shoots the three well and has great form. Bamba shot looks promising, Jacksons dad Jaren Jackson always had him shooting three's.

Wendell Carter is Al Horford light meaning he does it all. Bagley was touched by the hand of God to play basketball to steal David Griffin line.

The new breed of Switching, moving, three point shooting, shot blocking bigs have arrived, and it's awesome.

Barf.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 06:35:10 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Barf.

I'm not agreeing with the way the new bigs play, but I'm happy that the NBA is actually getting 5 guys near seven feet tall that are going at the top of the draft that is a very good sign.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 06:40:30 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think you are over rating this class of big men. Sure, they can hit 3’s now. But so can Aron Baynes. Let’s see how they fit into NBA style.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 06:47:10 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Barf.

I'm not agreeing with the way the new bigs play, but I'm happy that the NBA is actually getting 5 guys near seven feet tall that are going at the top of the draft that is a very good sign.

Ahh, okay, and yeah, I agree :).

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 06:56:37 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I think you are over rating this class of big men. Sure, they can hit 3’s now. But so can Aron Baynes. Let’s see how they fit into NBA style.

Yeah, he's overrating them.

He's also right. We're going to have more talented big men than we had 5 years ago. Soon enough, around half the league will have a good big man.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 07:13:31 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

I don't think so. They are 5 out of 6 best prospects in the draft in an era that's about shooting and spacing. That's impressive.