Author Topic: REFS!  (Read 18269 times)

Re: REFS!
« Reply #120 on: Yesterday at 11:14:21 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Refs just handing the Knicks the game last night.

i mostly watched the end of the game, but there were at least two big calls in the final run that they got wrong (one objectively wrong, another wrong in my opinion) that realistically could've given the game to indiana. the offensive foul call was borderline. like it could've been called early in the game to set the tone for how tight they'd call things. but no way do you call an offensive foul like that at that point in the game. it wasn't even as bad as 80% of moving screens that don't get called.

What sucks about the moving screen call is that by the letter of the law it's a foul.  I think it's one that the refs should and could let go at that point in the game (especially considering they let them play most of the game).  However, no way they could overturn it after the review.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:29:33 PM by RMO »

« Reply #121 on: Yesterday at 11:23:20 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

i mostly watched the end of the game, but there were at least two big calls in the final run that they got wrong (one objectively wrong, another wrong in my opinion) that realistically could've given the game to indiana. the offensive foul call was borderline. like it could've been called early in the game to set the tone for how tight they'd call things. but no way do you call an offensive foul like that at that point in the game. it wasn't even as bad as 80% of moving screens that don't get called.

What sucks about the moving screen call is that by the letter of the law it's a foul.  I think it's one that the refs should and could let go at that point in the game (especially considering they let them play most of the game).  However, no way they could overturn it after the review.

The out of bounds

So is flopping, but they let that go.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #122 on: Yesterday at 11:36:43 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3189

The out of bounds

They funneled the end of that game and one against the Sixers into the Knick's hands. I guess the NBA wants the Knicks in the finals!

« Reply #123 on: Yesterday at 12:21:41 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2496

The out of bounds

They funneled the end of that game and one against the Sixers into the Knick's hands. I guess the NBA wants the Knicks in the finals!

They absolutely want the Knicks to go as far as possible. Lakers and Clippers are dead. No Chicago or Brooklyn. They need those big market casual fan eyeballs for their ever-increasingly bloated TV deals.

The Knicks are the white whale that David Stern could never catch. They are never good enough to win without blatant rigging. I wonder how far Silver is willing to go with this pipe dream. Will he try to sink us if we meet NY in the ECF?

That screen call was a disgrace. The only times they make that call in end-of-game scenarios is when they're helping a team win. The fake kicked ball was bad too.

« Reply #124 on: Yesterday at 01:06:19 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 416
New York biggest market & NBA would live have Knicks in the Finals..they gave Patrick Ewing to them
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #125 on: Yesterday at 04:31:56 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

The out of bounds

They absolutely want the Knicks to go as far as possible. Lakers and Clippers are dead. No Chicago or Brooklyn. They need those big market casual fan eyeballs for their ever-increasingly bloated TV deals.

The Knicks are the white whale that David Stern could never catch. They are never good enough to win without blatant rigging. I wonder how far Silver is willing to go with this pipe dream. Will he try to sink us if we meet NY in the ECF?

That screen call was a disgrace. The only times they make that call in end-of-game scenarios is when they're helping a team win. The fake kicked ball was bad too.

They might have overplayed their hand though. Even the casuals see what happened. I wonder how they'll adjust.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #126 on: Yesterday at 06:13:20 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 322
Ref blaming thread is so much better than the Joe blaming thread.

If the Celtics win a ring, will the ref conspiracies still be true?

« Reply #127 on: Yesterday at 06:16:03 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
New York biggest market & NBA would live have Knicks in the Finals..they gave Patrick Ewing to them

And even that wasn't enough to get the Knicks a title, lol.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis