Author Topic: Just Want To Say I Really Appreciate This Community & Everyone In It  (Read 6860 times)

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
This season sucked, but it's still really nice being able to converse and react together on game threads or other discussion threads about the team. Whether it's joy or rage, we root for the team together and hope for the best. And even in a frustrating year like this one that's been filled with drama, it's nice to know we're all dealing with it together and looking ahead at ways to improve this team!

I knew Milwaukee was a phenomenal team and were deservedly favorites to win this series, but man I'm still disgusted by how flat and pathetic we came out these last two games, especially at home. No fight whatsoever. To lose this series in less than 6 games is really frustrating. And that's how we play after Hondo's passing + Ainge's recent health scare?? Ugh.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 10:09:43 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Likewise. I tip my hat to Giannis. Doesn't talk alot. Doesn't flaunt, cause problems with teammates, showboat or act like a diva. Just goes out, does his job and kicks ass.

Got nothing but respect for him.

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Same for you Phantom!

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Likewise. I tip my hat to Giannis. Doesn't talk alot. Doesn't flaunt, cause problems with teammates, showboat or act like a diva. Just goes out, does his job and kicks ass.

I still hate the preferential treatment he gets from the refs (like Lebron), but he's still proving this postseason that he's the MVP and he could legitimately take over Lebron as best player in the NBA.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

I still hate the preferential treatment he gets from the refs (like Lebron), but he's still proving this postseason that he's the MVP and he could legitimately take over Lebron as best player in the NBA.

I rather the Bucks over the 76ers cuz of the Celtics-76ers rivalry and can't stand Embiid.

But I don't mind the Raptors going all the way.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I tune out the referees. I really do. I know alot of people get sucked into that, but it's wasted energy. They're going to make their calls no matter what. Why should I get worked up about something I can't control?

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

could not disagree more

he is a superstar in a rigged league which caters to his crybaby types
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
TP Phantom. You're one of the better posters here.

Now I'll dip out because this thread is going to devolve, it's kinda already starting.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Y'all are the closest thing to a Celtics fandom support group.

I'd be certifiably crazy living here in CA if I didn't have a way to get my "talk Celtics" fix. This is a really nice outlet and I appreciate all of you that make it possible.  So good to have an active engaged community here.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Yeah TP for Phantom.  This season has been hard on all of us Celtics nuts.  Such high expectations this season, that were partly our fault as fans. 

I think to a point it helps to relate some frustration on a site like this.  Especially one with so many super knowledgeable fans.  My wife certainly doesn't want to hear me complain about all of this!  haha It is good therapy.

Hoping that next year is more fun for the fans.  We will all calm down in a few weeks and hopefully move on after this playoff season.

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
This season sucked but I'm looking forward to better times. Thanks @Phantom for the positivity. We certainly need it. Celtics all the way guys...never stop believing! TP for you @Phantom!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 04:07:32 AM by radiohead »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This season had a dark cloud from the beginning. Next year will be better.

I echo Phantom. It’s good sharing the good times and the bad with a community of like-minded fans.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This season had a dark cloud from the beginning. Next year will be better.

I echo Phantom. It’s good sharing the good times and the bad with a community of like-minded fans.
Yeah, it's felt wrong the whole way through. Looking forward to the off-season so I can get swept up in the draft mania and free agency, and then onto the NFL! Can also just watch the AFL, where the team I barrack for is killing it ;D

TP Phantom. Despite any arguments I get into it is a very fun place to be
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Dont give up yet guys,

Remember a caged animal is the most dangerous.

And remember, Kyrie as been down 3 games to 1 before....and against a 73 win team.

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
I echo ur sentiments phantom!

I learn a lot by reading w everyones opinions about the Celtics and in the political threads. Thanks to all those that post and TPS to everyone who feels the same.

I’ll take this time to apologize for sometimes being snarky and calling out some posters when I feel like their being an *ss. It probably just puts me in that same category...so I’m learning to be a better community member by the example of many of you here.

And.... we still got some game(s) to play! Keep rooting!
Anything’s poooossssssiiiiible!!!