Author Topic: Full press conference video- Kemba / Kanter introduction  (Read 1864 times)

Full press conference video- Kemba / Kanter introduction
« on: July 17, 2019, 03:39:09 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://youtu.be/XHktDEAsiT0

3:16 kemba talks
3:40 Kanter on why he chose 11
6:20 kemba talks
12:40 kanter talks about celtic fans

Re: Full press conference video- Kemba / Kanter introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 03:58:50 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
10:05: Enes about talking to Kemba, "He didn't call me in his phone, he called me on Danny's phone."

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 04:24:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Two very level headed guys. I think this going to be a much more enjoyable season this year!

Chemistry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2AGB7SrvK8
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 04:35:19 PM by liam »

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 04:59:17 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I didn't hear it discussed in this videoclip, but Chris Forsberg tweeted that Ainge said Tacko  Fall's development is a "high priority" for the Celtics. I read that as likely Tacko will stick and go to Maine.

The Celtics have also signed Wanamaker and Theis. I don't know how he'll fit all these guys on the roster, but he must have a plan.

It looks to me as though Ainge wants some size up front to counter the contenders who are all strong in bigs. He may be thinking especially about Philly.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 05:13:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://twitter.com/ChrisForsberg_/status/1151561011234779136?s=20

When did Danny Ainge know Kyrie was gone? "I think I had a pretty good idea in March or April. Not for sure though, not certain. But I was obviously thinking a move in a different direction at that point, thinking of the different options."

http://twitter.com/BrianTRobb/status/1151560910626066433

Danny Ainge on offseason: "I'm excited about the spirit and the camaraderie that our guys seem to have and the atmosphere that exists in our organization right now seems very positive."

Thought these quotes were interesting. Kind of supports the pretty obvious observation that Kyrie quit on us late in the season and then in the Bucks series. Also, between these comments and Wyc’s comments, they seem pretty ticked off at the Kyrie experience.

Will be interesting to see if he gets a tribute video, if he even tries to play in Boston. I imagine he’ll skip those games like he did with Cleveland, especially knowing how badly he’ll be booed.

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 06:47:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

When did Danny Ainge know Kyrie was gone? "I think I had a pretty good idea in March or April. Not for sure though, not certain. But I was obviously thinking a move in a different direction at that point, thinking of the different options."

Danny Ainge on offseason: "I'm excited about the spirit and the camaraderie that our guys seem to have and the atmosphere that exists in our organization right now seems very positive."

Thought these quotes were interesting. Kind of supports the pretty obvious observation that Kyrie quit on us late in the season and then in the Bucks series. Also, between these comments and Wyc’s comments, they seem pretty ticked off at the Kyrie experience.

Will be interesting to see if he gets a tribute video, if he even tries to play in Boston. I imagine he’ll skip those games like he did with Cleveland, especially knowing how badly he’ll be booed.

This doesn't surprise me at all. I don't fault Ainge, Wyc or anyone in the front office for how the Kyrie saga went here. It's easy to look back and say we should have traded him at the deadline, but as Ainge said, they didn't get the feeling he'd leave until about March. And that's just who Kyrie is, acts only for himself and keeps things mostly private. Pretty much confirmed he's got an ego and couldn't care less about the team. What was really telling is that he seemed to be the first guy who didn't like playing for Brad Stevens and that probably paved the way for everything that happened in the frustrating 2018-2019 campaign.

Ainge is right that Kyrie wasn't the only problem last season. But he was definitely the primary one I think. LOL "Kyrie a leader". PUH-LEASE. Guy really showed us what a leader he is. I feel like a moron all this time thinking it'd work out with the Celtics and Kyrie, even when the signs said it wouldn't.

Good Riddance Kyrie

I'm happy that we turned around and managed to get Kemba. He genuinely likes being here it seems and playing for UCONN also makes him and the fans more familiar with Kemba now in the region.

I think the past season taught the front office and Stevens a lot of lessons, and we added a group of guys who want to be here and are likable. Even if Kemba isn't better than Kyrie based on individual talent, he's still fairly close and is a much better team player. That's already an upgrade IMO.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 08:17:12 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Kyrie played against Cleveland in the only meaningful game between the two. Last year there was basically no reason to play against them and the previous year he was injured.

I think he wasn't happy with the team, the team and city didnt fully embrace him. Heck despite not trashing him and defending him, I couldn't bring myself to buy Kyrie merchandise or post something Kyrie in my fb like I did with IT. He is a weird guy, probably clashed with Rozier and maybe Brown (although it looks like Brown had problems with the other Vets). I also think that Kyrie inwardly blames Hayward for not recovering enough.

I wont hate Kyrie but I wouldnt be glad for him if he finds success. Al I'm torn because while I like him, I dont like his team to do well. Rozier I want to rot in Charlotte. Morris I dont mind much.

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 01:22:11 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Walker intends to remind Brad Stevens that UConn beat Butler in the national championship game throughout the season.

Quick, bring out the pitchforks and trade him!!!!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)