3 (5.7%)
Portland
0 (0%)
Houston
7 (13.2%)
Other
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Jimmy Butler (Merged Threads)  (Read 49275 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler (Merged Threads)
« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2018, 10:01:10 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
all these other teams are smoke screens.

i believe he will be traded to the knicks for Porzingis and it will be completed after the all star break.

once this happens we can all be on Kyrie-watch.

lol, not

« Reply #226 on: September 28, 2018, 12:56:26 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
Minnesota is going to try to recoup what they gave up for Butler. As I have said previously, they aren't going to get anything even close to Dunn, Lavine and Markennan.

Maybe I am alone in this but I believe lavine is a net negative with his contract (and they knew he was due this) and Dunn may end up a high end backup pg (he is 25 or 26 already). I think they could get something as good as markennan and a backup

« Reply #227 on: September 28, 2018, 01:10:02 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Minnesota is going to try to recoup what they gave up for Butler. As I have said previously, they aren't going to get anything even close to Dunn, Lavine and Markennan.

Maybe I am alone in this but I believe lavine is a net negative with his contract (and they knew he was due this) and Dunn may end up a high end backup pg (he is 25 or 26 already). I think they could get something as good as markennan and a backup
I disagree. Kris Dunn most certainly proved himself as a starting caliber PG, improving his shooting from every level, improving as a playmaker and rebounder, and is one of the more elite guard defenders in the league.
Lavine is too big a health risk for me, but his talent is definitely there, and at the time he had significant value
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #228 on: September 28, 2018, 01:46:57 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Now that Rondo's been named the starter, what do people think about a deal centered around Jimmy Butler for Lonzo Ball?

Lonzo fits the age curve of Towns/Wiggins better than Butler. He could run a more open and flowing system for Towns/Wiggins. Lakers meanwhile choose to sign Rondo for his last couple years of productivity.

Rondo is the king at running a fair distribution for stars, from our Big 3 to Davis, Boogie, Holiday. Once Cousins went down Holiday went off and many of those buckets came from Rondo's steady hand and sharp decision making.

Rondo had issues with Butler in Chicago but if they could bury the hatchet and add AD the following year, then that team has all era potential.

Rondo
Butler
LeBron
Ingram/Kuzma/Hart
AD

« Reply #229 on: September 28, 2018, 02:32:36 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Now that Rondo's been named the starter, what do people think about a deal centered around Jimmy Butler for Lonzo Ball?

Lonzo fits the age curve of Towns/Wiggins better than Butler. He could run a more open and flowing system for Towns/Wiggins. Lakers meanwhile choose to sign Rondo for his last couple years of productivity.

Rondo is the king at running a fair distribution for stars, from our Big 3 to Davis, Boogie, Holiday. Once Cousins went down Holiday went off and many of those buckets came from Rondo's steady hand and sharp decision making.

Rondo had issues with Butler in Chicago but if they could bury the hatchet and add AD the following year, then that team has all era potential.

Rondo
Butler
LeBron
Ingram/Kuzma/Hart
AD
They have the cap space to add AD to a team with Butler and LeBron how? Because if they lose Lonzo, there's no way they have the pieces to trade for him.

And lol at Rondo 'burying the hatchet' with a guy so seemingly unlikable
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #230 on: September 28, 2018, 04:28:34 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Rondo
Butler
LeBron
Ingram/Kuzma/Hart
AD
They have the cap space to add AD to a team with Butler and LeBron how? Because if they lose Lonzo, there's no way they have the pieces to trade for him.

And lol at Rondo 'burying the hatchet' with a guy so seemingly unlikable
Lonzo isn't cleared for 5-5 contact, that is the reason for Rondo starting IMO.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #231 on: September 28, 2018, 05:24:40 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
LeBron be 35..thats old in NBA..those steroids cant help him forever..his body will startbbreaking down
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #232 on: September 28, 2018, 05:37:21 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
LeBron be 35..thats old in NBA..those steroids cant help him forever..his body will startbbreaking down
I admit that LeBron isn't my favourite NBA player. (Understatement of the year that is nearing it's end)
But I stopped treating him as a normal athlete.
He is one unbelievable and unprecedented physical specimen. He works on his body each day, he won the gene pool, he has the money to invest in it, he has the mindset...

Anything below him welcoming his son to the NBA while he is still an All star level of player would fail my expectations.

40k-10k-10k club.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #233 on: September 28, 2018, 12:50:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I disagree. Kris Dunn most certainly proved himself as a starting caliber PG, improving his shooting from every level, improving as a playmaker and rebounder, and is one of the more elite guard defenders in the league.
Lavine is too big a health risk for me, but his talent is definitely there, and at the time he had significant value

Since it is a slow news day, lets look at where we think Dunn would Rank as a starting quality NBA point guard. I would say he is clearly a tier below

Lillard
Wall
Curry
Irving
Harding
Paul
Kemba
Conley
Dragic
Westbrook
Simmons
Lowry
Holiday

Than you have a tier below that, that he may be even with, but I would say there is definitely a chance he doesn't end up being as good as

Bledsoe
Teague
Rondo
Rubio

Finally you have the other prospects, do you prefer him over?
Fox
Dennis Smith Jr
Murray (Spurs)
Jamal Murray
Tray Young

I think if he is a starter he is going to be one of the worst starting point guards in the league.

« Reply #234 on: September 28, 2018, 03:21:24 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174

Rondo
Butler
LeBron
Ingram/Kuzma/Hart
AD

The Lakers don't have the contracts to match unless they send Lonzo, Igram, Kuzma, Bonga and Mykhailiuk.

« Reply #235 on: September 28, 2018, 03:22:31 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Since it is a slow news day, lets look at where we think Dunn would Rank as a starting quality NBA point guard. I would say he is clearly a tier below

Lillard
Wall
Curry
Irving
Harding
Paul
Kemba
Conley
Dragic
Westbrook
Simmons
Lowry
Holiday

Than you have a tier below that, that he may be even with, but I would say there is definitely a chance he doesn't end up being as good as

Bledsoe
Teague
Rondo
Rubio

Finally you have the other prospects, do you prefer him over?
Fox
Dennis Smith Jr
Murray (Spurs)
Jamal Murray
Tray Young

I think if he is a starter he is going to be one of the worst starting point guards in the league.

You could've included some bench point guards that are better including our own Smart and Roizer....

« Reply #236 on: September 28, 2018, 04:47:46 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Butler to Houston is a scary thought. He would be perfect for that team.

« Reply #237 on: September 28, 2018, 04:53:06 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

is that being reported?

« Reply #238 on: September 28, 2018, 04:56:01 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

is that being reported?

Just that Houston is making offers but nothing concrete...

Stuff like this:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-rockets-still-making-push-115540889.html
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 05:07:48 PM by liam »

« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2018, 12:45:04 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I thought this Butler trade would be done by now. Tibbs is really dragging his feet.