Author Topic: ESPN reports Brand to Sixers  (Read 11036 times)

Re: ESPN reports Brand to Sixers
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 10:24:20 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Any word on Louis Williams? Is he going to resign with them?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 10:43:52 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
What a pick up by the sixers. They have become a scary team with brand AI Miller and Dalembert. Some good competition in the Titanic division now...

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 10:48:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
If this is true ..... Elton Brand is either a snake or the Clippers have the dumbest front office in the league or both.

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 10:58:10 PM »

Offline Hollywood

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
I am not scared of the 76ers-andre miller is not the real deal, igudola is overrated. I am scared of them like I am scared of the raptors-which is not at all-especially not this season.

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 11:02:03 PM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
im not too scared, but im just worried about our bench.
our roster is so thin right now, we need to makes some moves.
especially with a team in our division making such a big one

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 11:24:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm having visions of Moses Malone...Not saying they're the same players, but this feels similar somehow (though the 80's Sixers were already way much better than these Sixers pre-Brand)
Yup

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 11:31:45 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
I'm having visions of Moses Malone...Not saying there the same players, but this feels similar somehow (though the 80's Sixers were already way much better than these Sixers pre-Brand)
On the frontpage Jeff mentioned Rasheed Wallace on the Brand post which made me think of Rasheed-to-the-Pistons.

Rasheed to the Pistons
Brand to the Sixers

I see similarities there. Two defensive teams that struggle offensively and are in dire need of a post presence. Both have excellent defensive centers (Big Ben and Dalembert) and excellent guard play (Chauncey and Rip versus Dre and Iggy). Adding that proven perennial All-Star power forward to solve their low post problems. Thaddeus and Prince suddenly seem comparable at small forward.

Just the right piece at the right time to put a good team into the next stratosphere.

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 11:55:04 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I'm having visions of Moses Malone...Not saying there the same players, but this feels similar somehow (though the 80's Sixers were already way much better than these Sixers pre-Brand)
On the frontpage Jeff mentioned Rasheed Wallace on the Brand post which made me think of Rasheed-to-the-Pistons.

Rasheed to the Pistons
Brand to the Sixers

I see similarities there. Two defensive teams that struggle offensively and are in dire need of a post presence. Both have excellent defensive centers (Big Ben and Dalembert) and excellent guard play (Chauncey and Rip versus Dre and Iggy). Adding that proven perennial All-Star power forward to solve their low post problems. Thaddeus and Prince suddenly seem comparable at small forward.

Just the right piece at the right time to put a good team into the next stratosphere.

Very good comparison.   The only thing is Miller is about 32,33 so the question is how much good mileage does he have left (plus only a year left on his contract) and is Lou Williams the real deal to be the replacement someday? (I like Williams alot and think he could be).   If they get positive results to my question I think they could have a nice run for a few years being a very good playoff team. 

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 11:58:38 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
well there goes brand's inspiration from the celtics... combining with another allstar for a ring; bs.

however i realized that all 3 of our all stars did not take a pay cut to come here, which is another genius move by danny.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 12:21:01 AM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
One less competitor for Big Al to get his spot as a forward on the All-Star team!

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2008, 12:28:02 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
If this is true ..... Elton Brand is either a snake or the Clippers have the dumbest front office in the league or both.

It is the latter.
If you were a player, would you trust the Clippers (ahem: Sterling)?  I wouldn't, I would look for the first train outta there.....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 12:30:23 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
im not too scared, but im just worried about our bench.
our roster is so thin right now, we need to makes some moves.
especially with a team in our division making such a big one

What can the full MLE get us?
At this point, perhaps Posey.
Split in half, maybe M. Evans and F. Elson???? (food for thought)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2008, 01:22:19 AM »

Offline JollyGreen17

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
Sixers basketball is going to be fun to watch again. Once they acquire some role players, they will easily be on of the best in the East.