Author Topic: Kwame Brown and Livingston are so desirable, Ford lists them twice.  (Read 7914 times)

Re: Kwame Brown and Livingston are so desirable, Ford lists them twice.
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 11:45:18 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I have ZERO interest in Kwame "The Stiff" Brown.

Livingston on the other hand... 6'7 frame for a PG with a 5 assists to 2 TO ratio?
That's kind of intriguing.  It would be really helpful to have a tall, experienced PG that can be plugged in to defend against taller PGs that try to post up on Rondo.

What would it cost to sign him though?  I think if we say to him, we're giving him a chance to win the backup spot, rather than just be the #3 PG, we might be able to realize his potential?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shaun_livingston/career_stats.html

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 11:50:05 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
your life is played out like Kwame

7 words that killed a career

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 11:58:29 PM »

Offline JAM

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Kwame should not be signed by the Celtics.  He's a young player with off-court issues that need to be addressed.  I hope he gets himself together.

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 12:01:53 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Kwame should not be signed by the Celtics.  He's a young player with off-court issues that need to be addressed.  I hope he gets himself together.

his hands are off the court issues?

my main problem with him is he rivals ben wallace on the offensive end, except he can't pass.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 12:04:57 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
it's not kwame's fault he was drafted first overall, nor is it his fault he was offered a contract that netted him 9 mil this year. We have no idea how much talent he wasted, maybe he was never destined to be that great, but was able to make himself look good enough for those deals...if i were offered something like that, i doubt i'd tell a team that i wouldn't live up to the contract, don't pay me so much.

kwame is terrible for a #1 overall pick
kwame is terrible making 9 mil

kwame signed for 1 mil, playing good defense and rebounding above average for 18 minutes a night is a good asset.

I don't think he's ever gotten in trouble off the court.

the biggest knock on him is that he didn't work hard enough to fulfill his potential. well maybe he never had potential, and if he's getting paid like a journeyman backup, that's a good deal.

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 12:05:09 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

What sport have you been watching BrickJames?! Kwame is a horrible player on both ends of the floor.

I believe that I've been watching "basketball", a sport invented by Dr. James Naismith from Canada - and Kwame does have a decent offensive game. To say he's a horrible offensive player is inaccurate. But feel free to be more condescending.

im sorry, this just simply isn't true. he's horrid on the offensive end. he has terrable hands, can't shoot free throws, and can't pass in traffic. he can dunk, but that doesn't make him have a "decent offensive game"

On defense, he gets by, and could develop into a half way decent big man defender if he put his mind to it.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 12:20:46 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Oh I see why Livingston is available now...

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/livingston_update_070227.html

Wonder if he rehabbed his knee alright and is good to go?
We took a chance with Walker's injury... would Livingston be a similar case?  Although I understand that Livingston's injury is more severe, at least he hasn't damaged both his knees.

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 12:33:44 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

my main problem with him is he rivals ben wallace on the offensive end, except he can't pass.

Well, he can't catch either, so he has an all-around balanced offensive game...

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 01:21:22 AM »

Offline JollyGreen17

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
Signing these two may be very interesting. Kwame might acutally learn much better under the wing of KG and Livingston is a great distributor as well as a great defender. In my opinion, I wouldn't mind this at all.

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 09:28:35 AM »

Offline RonJohn

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
Although Kwame is only 25, I find it hard to believe that even KG school could unlock the potential inside his man body. He's a little boy trapped inside of a man's frame. Kinda like Lenny from Of Mice and Men.

As for Livingston, I would bring him in and work him out. He may be worth a shot. He's 6'7'' has great court vision. I am not sure anyone could ever recover from that knee injury though. My god that was horrific.

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 09:30:45 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423

Yes, Kwame's probem is bad hands.  He has dificulty catching and controlling the ball.  He will never be an offensive player.