Author Topic: Kwame Brown and Livingston are so desirable, Ford lists them twice.  (Read 7919 times)

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=FreeAgents-080629

9. Kwame Brown: The former No. 1 pick has run out of excuses. Yes, he's huge, athletic and only 25 years old. But after seven years in the league he's yet to prove that he's anything more than a backup. Someone will pay him something, but no one is expecting much.

10. Shaun Livingston: He has amazing talent, but will he ever recover from that horrific knee injury he suffered in 2007? With the Clippers using all of their money on Baron Davis, someone could try to roll the dice.

Other notables: Kwame Brown, Grizzlies, Shaun Livingston, Clippers; Brent Barry, Spurs;

Re: Kwame Brown and Livingston are so desirable, Ford lists them twice.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 05:37:18 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
In case anyone is wondering, this type of thread is a sure sign of a day with little going on.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 05:41:44 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I think it would be a huge win if we sign both Kwame and especially Livingston, with or without the Bird Man signing.

Kwame is a good opposite of Perk - a huge stiff that's only good at one half of the game (offense for Kwame, defense for Perk) - combine the two of them and you have one half-decent player!

We all know what Livingston can do but I don't think there's room on the roster for him.  I also don't think he would enjoy another stint as the 3rd string PG behind Cassell.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 06:05:08 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Kwame is a good opposite of Perk - a huge stiff that's only good at one half of the game (offense for Kwame, defense for Perk) - combine the two of them and you have one half-decent player!

Wait, what?

Since when was Kwame good at offense?  He averages fewer points per minute than Perk does.  He's a terrible free throw shooter, has "stone hands" that would make Mark Blount blush, and is significantly less efficient than Perk.

Kwame is an okay rebounder.  He's no great shakes on defense, but he's better on that end than he is on offense.

(I'll ignore the shot at Perk, aka the starting center on the World Champion Boston Celtics.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 06:07:19 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
In case anyone is wondering, this type of thread is a sure sign of a day with little going on.

They should have some Celtics affiliate giving a bi-hourly update on anything Celtics... just 2 or 3 sentences, shouldn't be too hard to do.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:27:51 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 06:25:49 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I think it would be a huge win if we sign both Kwame and especially Livingston, with or without the Bird Man signing.

We all know what Livingston can do but I don't think there's room on the roster for him.  I also don't think he would enjoy another stint as the 3rd string PG behind Cassell.

What sport have you been watching BrickJames?! Kwame is a horrible player on both ends of the floor. Perk doesn't deserve to be lumped in with that underachiever. Perk has made the most out of his ability and then some.

Maybe you already started your lifetime self ban on watching the NBA if TA plays next year?! Oh, that was for posting if he plays... Sorry.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 06:28:01 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Kwame Brown is to a basketball team as Cigarettes are to the lungs.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 06:29:39 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
Kwame Brown plays good individual defense on big men who can score, but besides that, he's basically a stonehands. There's always a place for a guy like him in this league though. He isn't totally useless.

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 06:35:30 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I don't think Kwame is a bad 7th or 8th man. Especially if he's cheap. Plus the kid is only 26.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 07:37:44 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145

What sport have you been watching BrickJames?! Kwame is a horrible player on both ends of the floor.

I believe that I've been watching "basketball", a sport invented by Dr. James Naismith from Canada - and Kwame does have a decent offensive game. To say he's a horrible offensive player is inaccurate. But feel free to be more condescending.

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 07:44:42 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think Kwame is not very good now but he has a chance to be a very good backup in the league. He is only 25 that means if he went to four years of college it'd be his 3rd year in the league, no one would quit on an athletic center three years into the league. If he can come reasonably priced (LLE), I see no reason not to pursue him. I think Livingston would be a good pick up. On a seperate note I can't figure out what is gonna happen with Ben Gordon, he isn't going to get the contract he wants from the bulls, probably not from anyone else either. He might sign a one year tender but I feel like it's a lateral move.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 12:05:00 AM »

Offline celticswillwin43

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 80
It does take Big Guys a long time to find a nitch in the league, look at guys like Haywood and mikki moore, a lot of big guys don't start producing until 4 or 5 years in the league, this is what Browns 7th? I think he is worth looking at

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 12:17:16 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
so "Soap 07" and "Brick James" must be the same person if you followed the respoinses to the last few posts. I thought this sort of thing wasn't allowed here.

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 12:23:45 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
so "Soap 07" and "Brick James" must be the same person if you followed the respoinses to the last few posts. I thought this sort of thing wasn't allowed here.

Oh Snap!  Check IP addresses, check IP addresses. That would be hilarious.

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 03:42:09 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235

Oh Snap!  Check IP addresses, check IP addresses. That would be hilarious.

Everybody needs someone to back them up sometimes... even if that someone is them!