Author Topic: NFL Off-season 2022  (Read 70476 times)

Re: NFL Off-season 2022
« Reply #420 on: July 06, 2022, 01:47:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Baker Mayfield is finally free from Cleveland. Panthers officially trading for him

For a measly conditional 5th round pick that could turn into a 4th.

Worth it IMO. I think Baker is a very solid QB still.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #421 on: July 06, 2022, 02:04:24 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Baker Mayfield is finally free from Cleveland. Panthers officially trading for him

For a measly conditional 5th round pick that could turn into a 4th.

Worth it IMO. I think Baker is a very solid QB still.

Wow.  That's a shockingly low return for a pretty good QB. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #422 on: July 06, 2022, 04:26:28 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Will be interesting to see where Jimmy G goes. Have to assume the 49ers trade or release him since he’s due $20M+ this coming season. I’m hoping he goes to Atlanta. Seattle would make sense too.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #423 on: July 07, 2022, 06:11:45 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Will be interesting to see where Jimmy G goes. Have to assume the 49ers trade or release him since he’s due $20M+ this coming season. I’m hoping he goes to Atlanta. Seattle would make sense too.
why would they release him?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #424 on: July 07, 2022, 09:34:26 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

If they can’t find a trade partner they would have to release him. Otherwise SF would be on the hook for $20M+ for a backup QB.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #425 on: July 07, 2022, 09:44:58 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

If they can’t find a trade partner they would have to release him. Otherwise SF would be on the hook for $20M+ for a backup QB.

Just note, their still on the hook for 9M in dead money if they cut him.  Personally, I'd rather keep him on the roster since you have no idea what Trey Lance brings.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #426 on: July 07, 2022, 09:50:21 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Just note, their still on the hook for 9M in dead money if they cut him.  Personally, I'd rather keep him on the roster since you have no idea what Trey Lance brings.
Nor is it a given that Jimmy G is the back-up.  Either way, when your other QB is on a rookie deal, you can afford a more expensive back-up. 

« Reply #427 on: July 07, 2022, 09:58:21 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

I just can’t see a team paying a back QB $27M for one season. It would be great to have a quality insurance policy for Lance, but not at that price point. Plus, I’d imagine Jimmy G wants to move on as well and there are other teams out there in need of a starting QB.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 12:24:20 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #428 on: July 11, 2022, 02:40:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
So the Pittsburgh Steelers stadium name has been changed from Heinz Field to... Acrisure Stadium

I'm sorry but I just can't get used to that lol. It also sounds like a medication or something related to seizures  :P

« Reply #429 on: July 11, 2022, 02:47:08 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
So the Pittsburgh Steelers stadium name has been changed from Heinz Field to... Acrisure Stadium

I'm sorry but I just can't get used to that lol. It also sounds like a medication or something related to seizures  :P

I hate those corporate-/medication-sounding names.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #430 on: July 11, 2022, 03:48:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

The road to the Super Bowl goes through Tylenol Stadium!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

« Reply #431 on: July 11, 2022, 04:29:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

Now the Ravens can say they make winning look so easy in Acrisure Stadium  ;)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #432 on: July 12, 2022, 03:51:28 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I found this interesting.  Tom Brady has 10 wins against NFC teams in the playoffs which ties him with Montana.  The all time record is 12 by Favre and Young (Staubach and Rodgers have 11).  That is just amazing.  Brady has more than double the wins of the next closest person in the AFC with 25.  Peyton and Elway both have 12.  So Brady while only being in the NFC for 2 seasons is in the top 5 most wins ever because of the 6 Superbowl wins while with the Pats and the 4 wins he has picked up since joining the Bucs in 2 seasons.  The numbers and records he has are just unfathomable. 

« Reply #433 on: July 12, 2022, 04:49:03 PM »

• Satch Sanders

The road to the Super Bowl goes through Tylenol Stadium!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No, it goes through Grifols Biologicals LLC Field at Tylenol Stadium! lol
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #434 on: July 12, 2022, 04:50:26 PM »

• Satch Sanders
I found this interesting.  Tom Brady has 10 wins against NFC teams in the playoffs which ties him with Montana.  The all time record is 12 by Favre and Young (Staubach and Rodgers have 11).  That is just amazing.  Brady has more than double the wins of the next closest person in the AFC with 25.  Peyton and Elway both have 12.  So Brady while only being in the NFC for 2 seasons is in the top 5 most wins ever because of the 6 Superbowl wins while with the Pats and the 4 wins he has picked up since joining the Bucs in 2 seasons.  The numbers and records he has are just unfathomable.

It will take a lot to ever top Brady's numerous records. He's just so far ahead of everyone else in so many categories.

— C.S. Lewis