Author Topic: Best TV Series in the Cable Era  (Read 33770 times)

Re: Best TV Series in the Cable Era
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2015, 11:55:48 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I won't repeat the bunch already here that I like, but for comedy I really like:
The League
Maron
Nurse Jackie (hate the name)
Monk
Californication

Oh man, I forgot about "The League." TP. Rafi is seriously one of the funniest characters ever. He's so random and out there.

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2015, 12:04:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Wire, Breaking Bad, Battlestar, Dr. Who, Game of Thrones, The West Wing, Lost, Buffy
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2015, 12:06:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The Wire, Breaking Bad, Battlestar, Dr. Who, Game of Thrones, The West Wing, Lost, Buffy
another Buffy.  Nice.  Really is a great show.  Thought the interaction among the characters felt the most real of any teenage centric show ever.  They really did a good job capturing the high school aged human emotion and interaction.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2015, 12:53:12 PM »

Offline MrMorrill

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
For me... (in no order)

Friends (I've got my flame suit on)
X-Files
Scrubs
Freaks and Geeks (Prob my number 1)

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2015, 01:10:28 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Justified
X Files

I also liked Fargo quite a bit.  It's only been on for 1 season though so let's see how the next season  goes.

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2015, 01:11:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
another Buffy.  Nice.  Really is a great show.  Thought the interaction among the characters felt the most real of any teenage centric show ever.  They really did a good job capturing the high school aged human emotion and interaction.

Buffy was a show that didn't take itself too seriously and had fun within the genre.  A sci-fi fantasy / teen show that was made by people who actually know and like those genres.  Talented cast, well written. 

Hard to have more fun watching a show like that over the course of seven full seasons.

"The Body" and "Once More With Feeling" are two classic episodes.  Great TV.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2015, 01:43:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Buffy was a show that didn't take itself too seriously and had fun within the genre.  A sci-fi fantasy / teen show that was made by people who actually know and like those genres.  Talented cast, well written. 

Hard to have more fun watching a show like that over the course of seven full seasons.

Can't forget "Hush" where there was no talking for almost the entire episode.  Might have been the best episode of any tv show I've ever seen.  Just so unique in the premise.

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2015, 01:51:03 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

Can't forget "Hush" where there was no talking for almost the entire episode.  Might have been the best episode of any tv show I've ever seen.  Just so unique in the premise.

I think that HUSH was the scariest thing that was ever on tv.

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2015, 02:22:09 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
There is only one possible answer, Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

You should start a thread for the 2nd Best TV show to have this debate.

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2015, 02:22:29 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
How about "Under the Dome" ok, this show is really bad, but if you know that going in, and are really high, it's hilarious. Each episode gets crazier and crazier. Plot holes? Yeah, they got em. Most shows get to caught up in the characters and making sure they all have motivations for the things they do so it seems realistic. Under the Dome does not worry about this. It asks a simple question: What would happen if a dome came up around some town and then a bunch of other weird stuff happened?

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2015, 02:31:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

I mostly remember "Hush" as when Willow and Tara first started getting to know one another.  Good episode though.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2015, 02:34:40 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Assuming you ignore the entire silent film era, sure.  :P
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2015, 02:58:19 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
My favorite is without a doubt Prison Break ;D! (But then again I don't watch that many series on TV any more ::))
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2015, 03:33:08 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

since when does film=tv show

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2015, 04:04:38 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

since when does film=tv show

Hence the smiley.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.