Author Topic: Woj - Horford Decision Expected Saturday Evening (ATL upping offer)  (Read 80669 times)

Re: Woj - Horford plans to make decision over weekend
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2016, 12:10:48 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2016, 12:13:19 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Horford will not sign probably until he knows where Durant is going

Durant was very impressed by the clippers presentation.  Nothing like this was said about the Celtics presentation. Oh well

clippers prob told him one thing but very important to Durant

ok , we give you the ball as many times you want it and we will move out of the way.  If you get tired, Paul and the rest will step in

Durant eyes light up

vs

CBS is going to make you work for it.  Come to practice on time. Don't miss out defensive assignments.  Tough work ahead. lol

« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2016, 12:14:33 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
You do realize the C's haven't had their meeting with Durant yet?

And that most reports out of these FA meetings are from self interested team sources?

« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2016, 12:14:49 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

Durant was very impressed by the clippers presentation.  Nothing like this was said about the Celtics presentation. Oh well

ok , we give you the ball as many times you want it and we will move out of the way.  If you get tired, Paul and the rest will step in

Durant eyes light up

vs

CBS is going to make you work for it.  Come to practice on time. Don't miss out defensive assignments.  Tough work ahead. lol

Celtics haven't even met with Durant yet dude.

« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2016, 12:16:00 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

And that most reports out of these FA meetings are from self interested team sources?

Yeah. For what it's worth, David Aldridge reported we made a "strong presentation" to Horford
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2016, 12:16:38 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706

Durant eyes light up

vs

That's because the Celtics aren't meeting with him until tomorrow. I'm sure wonderful things will be said about each team's presentation to Durant, that's how these things work.

Why is everyone so negative today about the Celtics free agency chances? What the heck did you expect? That Horford and Durant would just decide to sign with us before meeting with all the teams on their lists? They are both still very much considering us, that is all we could possibly ask for at this point. Yet, instead of excitement, everyone here sounds defeated already.

« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2016, 12:17:40 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2016, 12:18:14 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64

Durant eyes light up

vs

That's because the Celtics aren't meeting with him until tomorrow. I'm sure wonderful things will be said about each team's presentation to Durant, that's how these things work.

Why is everyone so negative today about the Celtics free agency chances? What the heck did you expect? That Horford and Durant would just decide to sign with us before meeting with all the teams on their lists? They are both still very much considering us, that is all we could possibly ask for at this point. Yet, instead of excitement, everyone here sounds defeated already.

TP

« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2016, 12:18:17 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

Yeah. For what it's worth, David Aldridge reported we made a "strong presentation" to Horford

It's not like their is much competition either haha. I mean the Wiz and the Rockets... C'mon, we should be able to win that. Just disappointing we're being used as leverage against the stupid Hawks who beat us in the First round. God I hate that team. I'm just looking forward to next year already. Would love to get revenge on that team.

« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2016, 12:21:18 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

Durant eyes light up

vs

Players in Horford's status usually don't take long to decide. For example, Hassan Whiteside made a decision pretty quickly after he met with the teams. The fact that Horford specifically is waiting makes it clear we are being used as leverage against the Hawks. That's why it's frustrating. We weren't able to woo him into signing after our meeting. I mean did you see how the Grizzilies wooed Parsons?

Now if it  was Durant, that's totally understandable because look at his choices. They are much better than Horford's. Basically, if Horford was even serious about signing with the Celtics, then he would realize how important he would be for tomorrow's meeting with Durant.

« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2016, 12:22:07 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
This thing with KD leaving Westbrooke just an't happening this year .  They are switching out a few players and gonna try again.

If they fail ......well OKC will be a lottery team the following year with Kanter as their center piece .

KD is just testin the waters a year ahead of time should they not bring a title to OKC this year.

KD will look great in a Warriors jersey 2018

« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2016, 12:22:35 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
Uh oh:

http://twitter.com/AlbertRandom1/status/749085458861285376
http://twitter.com/AlbertRandom1/status/749080582785728512

The dude got a shoutout from Larry Coon. So he knows his stuff.

Makes sense. So this is why he is waiting lol. He wants that fifth year from the Hawks.

« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2016, 12:23:00 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002

It's not like their is much competition either haha. I mean the Wiz and the Rockets... C'mon, we should be able to win that. Just disappointing we're being used as leverage against the stupid Hawks who beat us in the First round. God I hate that team. I'm just looking forward to next year already. Would love to get revenge on that team.

They got one superstar and supposedly their other advantage is free-tax as someone brought up earlier. I see Houston as a threat because of it.

And yes, I hate the Hawks. Just read their blog they are excited to see us screwing up on our draft and free agency. I guess that's what happens when they haven't won anything substantial in many years.  8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2016, 12:23:15 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Plenty of FAs take their time. Keep calm, don't panic and the world isn't over if we don't land Horford.

« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2016, 12:25:38 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

They got one superstar and supposedly their other advantage is free-tax as someone brought up earlier. I see Houston as a threat because of it.

And yes, I hate the Hawks. Just read their blog they are excited to see us screwing up on our draft and free agency. I guess that's what happens when they haven't won anything substantial in many years.  8)

They have a superstar who barley made the playoffs and was humiliated on national TV by numerous analysts about his defensive efforts. The Rockets are going in the wrong direction while the Celtics are moving upwards. If your Superstar theory held true, then I don't understand why Horford wasn't interested in the Knicks. Oh yeah because that Franchise is dysfunctional and their future is cloudy.