Author Topic: NEW Tony Allen Mix,  (Read 4539 times)

NEW Tony Allen Mix,
« on: February 11, 2009, 01:05:23 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Just finished this today, some of the video quality is meh, but i think this is my best mix so far. set to A Tribe Called Quest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQyf2dGXguE

please comment  ;D

Re: NEW Tony Allen Mix,
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 01:08:55 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
TP...Any love is good for TA these days!

Where's the "after the whistle" dunk?
Yup

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 01:13:32 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
TP...Any love is good for TA these days!

Where's the "after the whistle" dunk?

i hate that dunk.  :(

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:26:23 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Tony is/was such a great Athlete.

I think he can still dunk like that, but he's no longer as fearless as he was.

I really think that if Tony hadn't got injured when he did he'd be a borderline all-star type player.

Too bad he did get injured when he did, and is a bench scrub.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 01:33:20 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald

I really think that if Tony hadn't got injured when he did he'd be a borderline all-star type player.

amen.

although he's shown more air lately than i've seen in a long time from him. plus he's been playing smarter basketball, and getting more assists. too bad he hurt his hand, even though the longer the stretch between games the better he appears to play.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 01:41:44 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
For what it's worth, my Tony Allen mix would contain the following:

- dribbling with his head down and subsequently losing the ball
- pull up jumpshots (that he shoots on the way down) that hit the side of the rim
- leading the fastbreak with that high dribble of his, only to leave the ball in the backcourt
- fouling his opponent 30 feet from the basket

and oh yeah.....falling for headfake after headfake

;D

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 01:47:26 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
his dunk on Lou Williams last week was vicious.  Its all confidence with Tony.  That and having a PG who can take the ball out of his hands.

The hate on Tony is getting a little out of control...

Everyone was jumping all over Scal for 3 years...He has 4 good games then everyone loves him.

Give Tony 4 games in which he plays well I bet you guys change your shortminded tune.  After he destroyed Detroit earlier in the year, I remember a whole bunch of threads saying how he will replace Posey and his game has really matured etc.etc.etc.

Let him be healthy for a decent amount of time and play off the ball for once instead of having to try to ball handle, which is obviously not his strength. 

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 01:53:52 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
his dunk on Lou Williams last week was vicious.  Its all confidence with Tony.  That and having a PG who can take the ball out of his hands.

Everyone was jumping all over Scal for 3 years...He has 4 good games then everyone loves him.

Give Tony 4 games in which he plays well I bet you guys change your shortminded tune.  After he destroyed Detroit earlier in the year, I remember a whole bunch of threads saying how he will replace Posey and his game has really matured etc.etc.etc.

Let him be healthy for a decent amount of time and play off the ball for once instead of having to try to ball handle, which is obviously not his strength. 

scal had alot more than 4 good games, and Tony has done little to nothing his last 2 years here.

and tony has played well in 4 games, he also plays horrid in way more than that.

Tony is an athletic guy who isn't good at the game of basketball

Scal is an unathletic guy who is very good at basketball

If we could put scal's head for the game with pre 2 knee injury TA's athletic ablity, that would have been an all star and a half.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 01:56:42 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He's still super quick but he can't elevate like the old days.  He looks like a mini jordan in the older clips. So freaking lively.

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 01:58:21 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147

scal had alot more than 4 good games, and Tony has done little to nothing his last 2 years here.

and tony has played well in 4 games, he also plays horrid in way more than that.

If we could put scal's head for the game with pre 2 knee injury TA's athletic ablity, that would have been an all star and a half.

This has been Scal's best playing since he's been here, and this has also been an injury prone inconsistent year from Tony...

Scal is still shooting 40% from the field while Tony is at 48% this year...

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 02:19:36 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I want someone to make a mixtape of all the times TA has totally screwed up.  The audio could be a loop of the sound that they make when you lose on "The Price is Right"

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 02:22:56 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
I want someone to make a mixtape of all the times TA has totally screwed up.  The audio could be a loop of the sound that they make when you lose on "The Price is Right"

who's your favorite bench player?

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 02:26:18 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

who's your favorite bench player?

Eddie

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 02:28:56 PM »

Offline nickap

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
edit: no personal attacks TA is one of the purest athletes in the NBA, no that isnt a typo. I think the majority of people here bashing TA have never picked up or played basketball in their life. The skys the limit for Tony’s potential, this kid has so much raw athletic ability its scary. What do you guys think you know that Doc dosent? It’s what you dont know that Doc and DA do…if this kid went back to avging over 20 pts a game again everyone would shut their mouths but theres not room for another huge scorer on this team thats what the big 3 is for. Tony’s main problem is self afflicted; confidence and knowing his role…Do you think Doc rivers would continue to play someone who is not a quality player? NO TA is just under achieving and needs playing time to get back to where he was pre-injury. Why do you think TA is one of the most liked and respected guys in the locker room; he plays with heart nd alot of it. The kid needs time to develop he was playing allstar bball prior to his injury, sat out a year, rehabed it half a year to come back to a team that didnt need him. This is his first year really back from his extremely serious injury to really get the feel of things again. Give the kid time he’s gonna shock everyone…other than DOC, DA, and the BIG 3 and me…they know what hes capable of. This is the world champions were talking about there not gonna try and devlop TA for no reason if he was trash.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 02:51:27 PM by Chris »

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 02:43:57 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

This has been Scal's best playing since he's been here, and this has also been an injury prone inconsistent year from Tony...

Scal is still shooting 40% from the field while Tony is at 48% this year...

thats because TA drives and scal only shoots jumpers.

rajon has a 58% FG% this year while rays is only around 44%, who do you think is the better shooter?

Look, nothing would make me happier than for TA to suddenly prove me wrong and become what we all thought he would 3 years ago when he was in his magical streak, that would be awesome, but it isn't going to happen, not at 26 coming back off 2 major knee operations and showing no more basketball IQ than he did his rookie year.

he's just not a very good basketball player, he has a really bad feel for the game, and now, tragicly, his athlticism is dipping due to his injuries. It sucks, but it is what it is.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion