Author Topic: Brady 4-7 against Manning's, Flacco - 18-2 against rest of league  (Read 4518 times)

Re: Brady 4-7 against Manning's, Flacco - 18-2 against rest of league
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 06:58:47 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like there has to be a way to beat defenses like those. And I don't want to be unfair to the Patriots coaches, but it seems like maybe they could've made other adjustments and didn't.

For example, the Patriots usually do a lot of short passes to their backs, but did only a few yesterday. And if I remember correctly, they tried only one screen pass (the failed fourth-and-1 throw to Edelman), which is a traditional way of countering a strong pass rush.

Or am I way off base?

You need to be able to punish teams for only rushing four.  Typically, I'd think that would require having an actual run game.

Brady can get the ball out super fast and they can go for all the short passes they want, but if the 1-on-1 matchups on the interior line are being won handily by the opponent, and in short order, it won't matter.  Brady will still be running for his life half the game.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Brady 4-7 against Manning's, Flacco - 18-2 against rest of league
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 09:10:12 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Why wouldn't you specify instead Brady's record playing against the Ravens, Giants, and Broncos defensive front seven?

Agreed. Makes no sense when people talk of "Brady vs. Manning" or whatever QB against whatever QB. It's not the NBA where you have players actually playing against each other.
Celtics fan for life.