Author Topic: 2015 NFL season  (Read 23579 times)

Re: 2015 NFL season
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2015, 12:19:14 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
In other news, the Ravens ran the "illegal" ineligible receiver play this weekend. Been reading that rulebook, Harbs?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2015, 12:26:36 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
In other news, the Ravens ran the "illegal" ineligible receiver play this weekend. Been reading that rulebook, Harbs?

It was a legal formation, though.   Pretty ironic that it was Harbaugh, of all people, to use it, though.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2015, 12:34:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

It was a legal formation, though.   Pretty ironic that it was Harbaugh, of all people, to use it, though.

The smart teams look at what other smart teams do and they incorporate the effective strategies.

The dumb teams whine about it to the league office and try to win with skill players and hope.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2015, 12:41:49 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

The smart teams look at what other smart teams do and they incorporate the effective strategies.

The dumb teams whine about it to the league office and try to win with skill players and hope.

The part of "Do Your Job" where Belichick & McDaniels were discussing that formation & its background was really good stuff.

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2015, 01:28:00 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Yeah, next thing you know, the Colts will be deflating their footballs  ;D

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2015, 02:22:41 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

After the game he even said they'd use it if it was deemed legal as it was effective. That's the part of their reaction that told me it was entirely sour grapes.

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2015, 03:24:50 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

After the game he even said they'd use it if it was deemed legal as it was effective. That's the part of their reaction that told me it was entirely sour grapes.

Sums up the Colts, lol
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2015, 03:25:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

In all seriousness, how many of the litany of abuses in that SI report do you think were used against the Pats first and Belichick incorporated them into his own gamesmanship strategies?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2015, 03:46:23 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

In all seriousness, how many of the litany of abuses in that SI report do you think were used against the Pats first and Belichick incorporated them into his own gamesmanship strategies?

My guess is that a lot of the gamesmanship stuff comes from Belichick's days under Marchibroda, Parcells, & others and not necessarily stuff he encountered done against the Pats. 

In regards to a lot of the stuff he's running from a schematic standpoint? He's using a ton of stuff from the college game and fitting into into a pro-style offense. 

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2015, 03:58:04 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
So how long before the usual suspects start complaining about the four tight end formation and making it illegal?

I can see this formation being Brady's goto formation from 10 yards to goal line. There's just no way other teams can match up unless they have 4 Brandon browners at corner.

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2015, 04:42:55 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2015, 04:47:56 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
This is pretty darn funny.

http://sportsmockery.com/2015/09/faux-carson-palmer-mocks-bears-hilarious-banter-ensues/
\

Bears might end up being the worst team in the NFL when all is said & done.   Jimmy Clausen going on the road to SEA to face a p'd off Seahawks team should end well. 

Who would've thought SEA, BALT, IND, NO, & PHI would all be 0-2 to start the season?  Been a wacky start to the season.

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2015, 04:48:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Did you ever have a sibling that could get you in trouble or one that you tried to get in trouble constantly?  Like you bait your sibling till they hit you or something and then run to a parent and act like you're being murdered? Or your sibling keeps accusing you of poking them in the car and you get blamed even though you didn't do anything?

That's the league and the NFL. The NFL knows they aren't as good as the Patriots so they gotta cry wolf. A couple more times and it's gonna backfire. I think we're getting close. I think it's obvious the league is full of cheating teams and at worst the Pats do a little gamesmanship.

That's why other teams are so mad. They're cheating and it still isn't working.  So after a decade and a half they have nothing left.

They have murderers and women beaters and dog killers and rapists on their teams but they want you to believe they just have too much integrity to cheat. Yeah. Good one.

There are a couple teams in this league I almost respect. But definitely not the Colts, Ravens, Steelers, or Jets.  They're just joke franchises.

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2015, 12:28:27 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
.... aaaaand the AFC Offensive Player of the Week goes to Roethlisberger. Well done, NFL.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2015, 12:33:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Didn't they change the rules for this season so that the ineligible guy has to line up in the tackle box? The RT on that play was in the slot.

edit: Oh, they did -- except the Ravens apparently put an actual LINEMAN split right -- wearing ineligible number and all.  ::) ::) ::)