Author Topic: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread  (Read 53016 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread
« Reply #345 on: February 07, 2019, 03:51:17 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Anyone else sad there wasn't a Rozier trade...?

Yep. He is not the Scary Terry he used to be.

I dont know, I feel afraid every time he steps on the court.
it has totally slipped my mind. This is not a good role for him, and i apsolutely hate his defence or lack of it.
is it possible to involve him in the AD package via S&T. I know that the new CBA makes it really hard to S&T but i don't really know why.

Its hard, but it can be done

« Reply #346 on: February 07, 2019, 03:51:34 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
How worried are people here about what the other East teams did?

Maybe I'm delusional, but I still think Boston can beat all these teams. I don't know. Without LeBron, there's just no team I think offers an insurmountable challenge.

I agree. The Harris move was desperate. The Simmons move was sad. The Mirotic move was solid, but I was more scared of Johnson on the wing than Mirotic. The Gasol move was solid.

Still, the Celtics have had and will continue to have the most talent on any team in the East.

« Reply #347 on: February 07, 2019, 03:52:12 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Maybe I'm delusional, but I still think Boston can beat all these teams. I don't know. Without LeBron, there's just no team I think offers an insurmountable challenge.

Allstar Hayward, Healthy Horford and Baynes and there is a chance.

« Reply #348 on: February 07, 2019, 03:55:14 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
No idea what this means

Keith Smith

Verified account

@KeithSmithNBA
 34s35 seconds ago
More
Sources: Despite dealing Jabari Bird, the Boston Celtics will not avoid the luxury tax this season. Boston is now likely to use their MLE to sign a player to a big two-year deal, with the idea of having the second season as part of salary matching in a trade for Anthony Davis.

It means we don't want to trade Smart to NOP

Totally agree.

Exactly, at least that was my immediate response. Nicely done guys.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #349 on: February 07, 2019, 03:55:39 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
No idea what this means

Keith Smith

Verified account

@KeithSmithNBA
 34s35 seconds ago
More
Sources: Despite dealing Jabari Bird, the Boston Celtics will not avoid the luxury tax this season. Boston is now likely to use their MLE to sign a player to a big two-year deal, with the idea of having the second season as part of salary matching in a trade for Anthony Davis.

well that is obvious, I cannot see Brown being a part of the deal either.

Need brown cause Hayward will be offered for Durant.

Oh yeah, its a thing.

Durant is going to want out, GS will not want him joining Lebron and will look to sign and trade.

If team gets Davis, it will happen

Is it a thing like us trading for Vuvecic was a thing? Because sign and trades under the new CBA are hard to pull off since it requires the player to give up the birdrights max.

Vucevic wasnt a thing, just what I felt team should do.

Durant doesnt have to opt out, he can opt in and demand a trade then resign here in 2019.

anything is possible

Sure, anything is possible. But that feels extremely, highly, incredibly unlikely.

And if he's going to opt in, why not just stay in a situation that guarantees another ring? I know people are trying to equate this to Chris Paul, but that was a very different situation. Clips were no closer to winning and things in the locker room had deteriorated significantly - he was 100% gone, just swung it to get to the team he wanted to.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #350 on: February 07, 2019, 03:56:11 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
No idea what this means

Keith Smith

Verified account

@KeithSmithNBA
 34s35 seconds ago
More

So if it works out... maybe we can keep Smart AND Brown in a trade? (While dealing Tatum, Williams + MLE guy + picks)?  :o

I dont know if I would trade Williams, he would be a nice pairing with Davis, should that dream actually come true.

Small price to pay considering it's either Smart or Rob Williams.

I don't think that Williams is a small price to pay, but it is one that I'm willing to.

People say that it's not a league for limited bigs anymore, but Capela is doing pretty well in Houston and Williams has a chance to become better than him if he gets a place to develop.

« Reply #351 on: February 07, 2019, 03:59:47 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Danny...didn't....panic.   

Again.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #352 on: February 07, 2019, 04:01:57 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
No idea what this means

Keith Smith

Verified account

@KeithSmithNBA
 34s35 seconds ago
More

well that is obvious, I cannot see Brown being a part of the deal either.

Need brown cause Hayward will be offered for Durant.

Oh yeah, its a thing.

Durant is going to want out, GS will not want him joining Lebron and will look to sign and trade.

If team gets Davis, it will happen

Is it a thing like us trading for Vuvecic was a thing? Because sign and trades under the new CBA are hard to pull off since it requires the player to give up the birdrights max.

Vucevic wasnt a thing, just what I felt team should do.

Durant doesnt have to opt out, he can opt in and demand a trade then resign here in 2019.

anything is possible

Sure, anything is possible. But that feels extremely, highly, incredibly unlikely.

And if he's going to opt in, why not just stay in a situation that guarantees another ring? I know people are trying to equate this to Chris Paul, but that was a very different situation. Clips were no closer to winning and things in the locker room had deteriorated significantly - he was 100% gone, just swung it to get to the team he wanted to.

I firmly believ Durant is playing his last season in GS. He will get another title then he is going to want to go someplace else and win more. He wants to prove he is better than lebron and that he is a main reason gsw has been winning

« Reply #353 on: February 07, 2019, 04:03:12 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Personally I still think MIL beats us and are better.

But yeah I still like us against PHI and TOR. With that said we HAVE be healthy. I don't think Gasol is a massive upgrade as most suggest and PHI's bench is still weak. Plus Ben Simmons is a big liability on offense late in games and that hasn't changed.

Will be a bloodbath but folks are forgetting that we've been hot lately and we're also rounding into form (plus we could add another player in the buyout market).

The 2 seed is catchable but we're 3 for now and I think as long as we avoid the 4/5 seed bracket we're good to go.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #354 on: February 07, 2019, 04:04:36 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Danny...didn't....panic.   

Again.
He also sat back and watched the 3 biggest challenges in the conference all get better and simultaneously didn't drop the team below the luxury tax.  I'd give this trade deadline a solid F. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #355 on: February 07, 2019, 04:05:14 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Danny...didn't....panic.   

Again.
He also sat back and watched the 3 biggest challenges in the conference all get better and simultaneously didn't drop the team below the luxury tax.  I'd give this trade deadline a solid F.

Of course you do.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #356 on: February 07, 2019, 04:08:55 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Danny...didn't....panic.   

Again.

It only makes sense to give it an F if you fail to understand opportunity cost and option value...but go ahead.

« Reply #357 on: February 07, 2019, 04:10:00 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Danny not making moves to get below the tax line signals to me Wyc is willing to pay whatever amount of tax is necessary to put a legit contender together.

« Reply #358 on: February 07, 2019, 04:11:11 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Danny...didn't....panic.   

Again.

Of course you do.

I do too.  Last time I checked we’re bearly outta 5th in the east with help needed at the 5.  Everyone else got better, even the [dang] wizards.  Can’t wait for us to pick up 2015’s D league sixth man of the year ::)

« Reply #359 on: February 07, 2019, 04:11:22 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Danny not making moves to get below the tax line signals to me Wyc is willing to pay whatever amount of tax is necessary to put a legit contender together.

Unfortunately the repeater tax will come into play earlier as well.

Is there a way to go back under in the coming years past 2021 or no?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller