Author Topic: Let me know what you think  (Read 1337 times)

Let me know what you think
« on: December 12, 2012, 07:57:42 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I've been posting on this message board for upwards of 6 years. I highly value the basketball opinions on this board so I wanted your opinion. My friends and I started our own blog writing about NBA topics. Let me know what you guys think.
www.pickandpopdiaries.blogspot.com
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: Let me know what you think
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:03:41 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
TP.  Looked good.  I skimmed through and thought you had some nice stuff in there. 

"Number 9:  Isn't there some other team you can pick on?"  Good one. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 08:22:46 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
TP.  Looked good.  I skimmed through and thought you had some nice stuff in there. 

"Number 9:  Isn't there some other team you can pick on?"  Good one.
Thank you for reading TP right back at you.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Just put it in my favorites.  Always good to support fellow Celticsbloggers.

Best of Luck!!

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 09:43:55 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
nice work bro. The key is to sustain the content. Other blogs tend to drop off in production after a length of time
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 10:14:34 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It's hard for me to take a blog seriously when it has typo's in the "about the author" section, as well as the first post I'm exposed to (Central Division Roundup, second paragraph).

Read more NBA blogs, especially the good ones (Classical, Grantland, Basketball Jones, Ball Don't Lie, etc.) to get a feel for what you want your style to be, and develop your content around that style--eventually you'll build up enough of a style guide that you can confidently project your work out there to the web as a unique and interesting voice in the basketball community.

I'd also work on some formatting--the sections tend to blur together after a while (especially in your divisional roundups), and some of the jokes lose a little bit of their punch as a result.

If you haven't used some kind of analytics software (like Google Analytics, etc.) to track your traffic, you should do that.

It's a good start dude, and please don't think I'm trying to be a jerk, 'cause I'm always looking for more to read. Also, the name is gold-plated gold. Keep that. If you have any friends who are graphic designers, see if you can trade them a twelve pack for a logo.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 04:44:55 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
It's hard for me to take a blog seriously when it has typo's in the "about the author" section, as well as the first post I'm exposed to (Central Division Roundup, second paragraph).

Read more NBA blogs, especially the good ones (Classical, Grantland, Basketball Jones, Ball Don't Lie, etc.) to get a feel for what you want your style to be, and develop your content around that style--eventually you'll build up enough of a style guide that you can confidently project your work out there to the web as a unique and interesting voice in the basketball community.

I'd also work on some formatting--the sections tend to blur together after a while (especially in your divisional roundups), and some of the jokes lose a little bit of their punch as a result.

If you haven't used some kind of analytics software (like Google Analytics, etc.) to track your traffic, you should do that.

It's a good start dude, and please don't think I'm trying to be a jerk, 'cause I'm always looking for more to read. Also, the name is gold-plated gold. Keep that. If you have any friends who are graphic designers, see if you can trade them a twelve pack for a logo.
I appreciate the info. I'll do better to make sure that there aren't any typo's