Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Hawks (0-0) Game 1 4/29  (Read 143753 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Hawks (0-0) Game 1 4/29
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2012, 06:18:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
i am afraid we have seen the last of Ray as a Celtic. I don't think the ankle is going to get to a point where he can play

I think you're probably right.  If it hasn't got better by now, it's probably not getting better before he undergoes surgery sometime in June.

It's bone spurs. It just causes soreness and some swelling. It's not like it's a torn ligament...

it still doesn't go away without surgery, if anything it will get worse

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2012, 06:25:51 PM »

Offline RajonRondOWNED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
i am afraid we have seen the last of Ray as a Celtic. I don't think the ankle is going to get to a point where he can play

I think you're probably right.  If it hasn't got better by now, it's probably not getting better before he undergoes surgery sometime in June.

It's bone spurs. It just causes soreness and some swelling. It's not like it's a torn ligament...

Depending on the position of the spurs in relation to tendons/ligaments. Ray Allen would be like the 5th Celtics to play through bone spurs in the last 5 years. No need to over-dramatize our season anymore than usual.

It's like we are bored without KG being injured or Perkins being traded this year.

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2012, 06:29:19 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Depending on the position of the spurs in relation to tendons/ligaments. Ray Allen would be like the 5th Celtics to play through bone spurs in the last 5 years. No need to over-dramatize our season anymore than usual.

It's like we are bored without KG being injured or Perkins being traded this year.

I'm not dramatizing anything, in fact I believe we don't need Ray, it just is what it is, the bone spurs in his case are a legit problem, he can't play, and they don't get better with time. We can expect from him what we got from Shaq last year.

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2012, 06:35:10 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
this is not the same as shaqs injury...achilles vs. small bone spurs in the ankle.

allen already played through them the 3 games he came back before it started swelling up again. we'll see him back..lets not overdramatize everything.

he wont be 100% but even 75% ray allen is better than none

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2012, 06:37:12 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I think hell give it a go eventually, but how effective he is another matter. What's most concerning is that he already took a cortisone shot this week and he still can't play.

On a side note, I'm very curious as to what nixed the Allen for Mayo trade?  Man, would I love have Mayo right about now.

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Everyone ready for Game 1.

I hope Ray takes this series off and rests that foot up, gets another shot, does something to feel better. I think we can win this series without Ray but think our chances greatly improve in other series if we have Ray coming off the bench.

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2012, 06:53:54 PM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
We can absolutely win without Ray, and the team shouldn't look to that, the lack of Ray Allen, as an excuse not to win this game.

The good news here is this: This Celtics team has a ton of fight in them. They'll give it their all. They'll play hard. They have all that's necessary to win this series. They also have a ton of experience leading them.

I would love a sweep; I would love some Celtics blowout wins, but I'll settle for the team simply getting the necessary wins, no matter how ugly it has to look. So, enough of my nervous butterflies. I should have confidence in a team of this caliber to get the job done. I can't change the outcome with my confidence. I'll just have faith in these guys. It's a 7 game series for a reason. The better team will be the one that comes out on top. It's as simple as that.

If the Celtics don't come out victorious in a best of 7 series, then they simply weren't the better team. They can't rely on luck. They have to go out there and make their own luck.

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
Look on the bright side, even if Ray Allen cant do what he once did because of the bone spurs, he can at least just go sit in a corner all game and shoot threes off of Rondo or Pieces penetration.

He will barely have to move.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2012, 07:00:59 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
lol

barkley a fool.

nice to hear shaq say we will win this series

« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2012, 07:01:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Donny Marshall just said that he doesn't expect Ray Allen to play another game this season, he's very worried about him. It's not dramatizing anything, it's stating the obvious, Ray is done for the playoffs. All we can expect is a Shaq like cameo.

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2012, 07:02:56 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

That soreness (which I'd describe more as pain) and swelling has kept him from playing for weeks now.

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2012, 07:04:49 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Finally...the playoffs.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2012, 07:05:13 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
Fired up. Ready to go.
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'm ready.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:12:09 PM by Chief »
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2012, 07:07:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

That soreness (which I'd describe more as pain) and swelling has kept him from playing for weeks now.

that's what some people don't understand. Just because it's not a torn ligament or tendon doesn't mean it's not serious. The bone spurs are likely pushing on tendons and causing swelling and lack of motion. Bone spurs don't shift or go away on there own. He needs surgery.