Author Topic: Veteran free agent options  (Read 4001 times)

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
In addition to Beverley (who I think will probably cost too much), the following will be UFA:

Thabo
J. Dudley
G. Temple
C. Brewer
W. Chandler
Wes Matthews
Danny Green
Jeff Green

I've always liked Wes Matthews and Danny Green, but I doubt either is available for anything close to the minimum.

Would Thabo, Dudley, Temple, or Brewer be anything more than veteran bench depth?

I like J Green. Not Uncle 'Snooze,' JaMychal Green.

I think he would be an awesome addition to our bench. I love Wes Matthews, but he's gonna at least get 4-8 million along with Green. Plus if DG stays, it only means Kawhi is staying also.

Yeah I like JaMychal too but I don't think there's any chance he's an option.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'd try my hardest for Michael Kidd Gilchrist and/or DeAndre Jordan.

You have to go through Giannis to get to the finals  now. I'd try after a great sf defender and a rim protector.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
No roster space unless there are trades

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
No one's thinking about DeWayne Dedmon with the MLE? He's a good rim protector, can defend on the perimeter, and is somehow a good three point shooter at 38.2% on over 3 attempts per game. Can also make his FTs.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
In addition to Beverley (who I think will probably cost too much), the following will be UFA:

Thabo
J. Dudley
G. Temple
C. Brewer
W. Chandler
Wes Matthews
Danny Green
Jeff Green

I've always liked Wes Matthews and Danny Green, but I doubt either is available for anything close to the minimum.

Would Thabo, Dudley, Temple, or Brewer be anything more than veteran bench depth?

This is a great list. If any of those guys are available for the minimum, I think we stand to benefit in getting one of them. None will demand minutes, which is still the type of role player we need even after an AD trade
- LilRip

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No one's thinking about DeWayne Dedmon with the MLE? He's a good rim protector, can defend on the perimeter, and is somehow a good three point shooter at 38.2% on over 3 attempts per game. Can also make his FTs.

If we have Horford, Davis, Baynes and Theis, I think there are bigger needs.

If we don’t otherwise upgrade the front court, then Desmond makes some sense. Of course, under those circumstances Kyrie probably bolts, meaning we may need to invest in a PG instead.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

You have to go through Giannis to get to the finals  now. I'd try after a great sf defender and a rim protector.

Chief, I've always agreed with you many times, and this time for sure.

I like MKG, he has a PTO for 13 million, which would be hard to deny. But if we bring in Kyrie, and AD, two of his good friends, I can see him agreeing to take on a team friendly deal.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Chief, I've always agreed with you many times, and this time for sure.

I like MKG, he has a PTO for 13 million, which would be hard to deny. But if we bring in Kyrie, and AD, two of his good friends, I can see him agreeing to take on a team friendly deal.
I forgot how MKG. He'd be awesome
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

RazzelnoDazzel

Jabari Parker to replace Tatum

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

???

Have you even watched him the past 2 years?

Talented as heck, but injuries and listless defensive effort have pretty much made him useless. If he comes for the minimum, I am all for it.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

RazzelnoDazzel

???

Talented as heck, but injuries and listless defensive effort have pretty much made him useless. If he comes for the minimum, I am all for it.

I haven’t. He could of completely declined but we just need a scorer off the bench Incase Morris leaves. 

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

???

I haven’t. He could of completely declined but we just need a scorer off the bench Incase Morris leaves.

He’s an overpaid scorer at this point. He can get you buckets but that’s pretty much it. Actually, check that, you’ll get scored on a bunch of times too. He’s just bad on D at this point.
- LilRip

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56

Like the player but it's hard to see where the cap space needed to sign him comes from. Like you said, maybe the MLE might be enough for him. He made $7.2 million last year and had a good season.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:33:23 PM by Irish Stew »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I love Dedmon, but I think there are concerns over his durability.

Although he can't be any worse than Baynes was this season in terms of availability
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

???

He’s an overpaid scorer at this point. He can get you buckets but that’s pretty much it. Actually, check that, you’ll get scored on a bunch of times too. He’s just bad on D at this point.

I didn't watch him a lot this year, but in the games I did his defense was some of the worst I can ever recall seeing.  No hyperbole. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes