Author Topic: Celtics got screwed  (Read 3556 times)

Re: Celtics got screwed
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 11:23:44 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Gordon doesn't deserve any blame as he was setback by the 2nd operation.You can only blame the freak injury ,Gordon rehabbed as hard as anyone could.Management was committed to his recovery and his big paycheck.The Celtic fans  did not give Hayward a free pass on color or because Brad was his past coach. It was in Celtics best interest in playoffs to have Gordon healthy.Therefore the minutes.

The Davis trade rumors didn't help Tatum or Brown and Kyrie was poison.As much as i love watching him and marvel at his skill level
-I find him insulting to the Celtics of the past.
If he leaves i don't care if the plays are jaw dropping  he will never erase the stain of his ,petulant arrogant attitude.

The problem with trying to judge the Hayward signing is that we never got a chance to see him play before the injury.  You can say you overpaid for a fringe all star but there is no way to assess this under the circumstances.  You can only speculate.

I speculate that we did overpay some but you always have to overpay in the NBA.  I also feel we only saw about 80% of the pre-injury Hayward.  We may have seen flashes of 100% or near 100% but it was never sustained.