Author Topic: Celtics (16-17) at Knicks (23-10) 1/7  (Read 69107 times)

Re: Celtics (16-17) at Knicks (23-10) 1/7
« Reply #495 on: January 08, 2013, 02:47:42 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Garnett played a team high 38 minutes tonight.  He's also been playing longer stretches recently since the lost to Sacramento.   

I really liked how Doc distributed the minutes tonight.  Even though the Celtics held up surprisingly well and more when neither Pierce and KG were on the court, to go with Rondo being suspended, I'm glad he pushed KG a bit harder because that's the way circumstances broke with Pierce in foul trouble and Rondo being out.  KG didn't look worse for wear.

« Reply #496 on: January 08, 2013, 03:17:21 AM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
So I'm watching the game on comcast now.

What the freaking hell.  This games refereeing was a complete joke.  I saw a pick by chandler where he didn't even try to sell it as legal he EXTENDS HIS ARMS AND PUSHES THE GUY AWAY. 

Then don't even need to talk about Melo.  Guy punches Terry in the face during a pushoff and no call.  Pierce on the other end fights Carmelo for position and they foul him out of the quarter 3 minutes into the 3rd.

What a freaking joke the refing was.

Anyways, it goes without saying that the Knicks offense s all about shooting 3s and without that they are completely worthless.  First half they were hot and were winning.  then second half they went cold and look what happens.  I can't wait for them to go one and done.  Frauds.

Green had a matchup and took advantage.  Also did a nice job on Carmelo from what I've seen so far.  Nicely done.

Bradley started slow on offense but came around.  Bradley is a franchise player.  We can not trade this guy unless we're getting a legit superstar like Howard/LBJ etc. and for obvious reasons those guys aren't happening.  Bradley and Rondo are our future.  Find a big man somehow, someway but Rondo/Bradley are our future and can not be touched.

Pierce is the truth

KG is the big ticket and if we win a championship it's on his back that it happens.

« Reply #497 on: January 08, 2013, 03:25:18 AM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
Chandler deliberately pushes off on a pick again to spring Lee's man free.  What a freaking joke.

Though I will say the charge Sully got called in his favor was very generous.

Sully has played well and Lee has been playing well.

I know everyone wants a big splash, but really, these guys are clealry starting to jell and get into a groove.  The defense is miles better than the beginning of the year, largely thanks to Bradley.  This team has plenty of talent to win.  It just needs time.  My faith has faltered during that horrific 20 point per game loss road trip, but before that I had said all season they just need time to jell and Bradley back.

Give Terry less minutes and Bradley more and surprise! defense is way better!  Who would have thought.

« Reply #498 on: January 08, 2013, 05:56:36 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
The team has been playing better as of late. I wonder if it is just AB or the team is happy to be back at playing as a complete roster and gives more energy. Whatever the answer is, we are sharper in the defensive end now.
Now, if we keep playing well enough (by enough, I mean, you really can bring yourself to accept a loss, if the team gives its 100% every night and it doesn't work), there may not be a major move happening. Even if there is going to be one, it's better to head in that direction with a good mood and not with desperation.

« Reply #499 on: January 08, 2013, 06:41:32 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Now, in just four nights, Boston has beaten three of the East's top four teams. Far from the aging, toothless squad we saw in the season's first couple months, more and more Boston looks like the team many predicted it would be, one capable of another deep run into the Eastern Conference playoffs.

« Reply #500 on: January 08, 2013, 07:50:05 AM »

Offline JerseyKid.

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Our heart will prevail.
On my ride into work this morning i had the NY sports station on (WFAN) they had multiple callers call in and talk about ... "Doc's dirty team play" how "Felton would have won the game if he was there" How the hell are they so nieve to say that when THE BEST POINT GUARD IN THE LEAGUE WASN'T PLAYING. Rondo>Felton. And they were also applauding melo for "sticking it to KG and waiting outside the locker room putting him in his place"
Wait wait wait, did i miss something? He put him in his place? We came in, bullied them and walked away with a win and left classy. No nonsense.

I guess there is a new stat in basketball scores i didn't know about. The knicks are now 23 wins, 11 losses and 1 "morale tough guy victory".

:D

« Reply #501 on: January 08, 2013, 09:03:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Garnett played a team high 38 minutes tonight.  He's also been playing longer stretches recently since the lost to Sacramento.   

I really liked how Doc distributed the minutes tonight.  Even though the Celtics held up surprisingly well and more when neither Pierce and KG were on the court, to go with Rondo being suspended, I'm glad he pushed KG a bit harder because that's the way circumstances broke with Pierce in foul trouble and Rondo being out.  KG didn't look worse for wear.

Garnet has to play big minutes against good teams if the C's are going to win. ...at least until another BIG who can provide some stabilitiy in the paint. We have too many small forwards and not enough big guys with a game in the paint. Basically we have Sully...KG really don't play offense in paint. One is not enought. 

« Reply #502 on: January 08, 2013, 09:14:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Garnet has to play big minutes against good teams if the C's are going to win. ...at least until another BIG who can provide some stabilitiy in the paint. We have too many small forwards and not enough big guys with a game in the paint. Basically we have Sully...
KG is the only effective big we have to match up with teams going small. 4 perimeter players and Bass/Sullinger/etc. doesn't work for the C's.

KG really don't play offense in paint. One is not enought.
I saw him repeatedly post up Chandler and Melo all night. I guess since he usually takes a turnaround out of his post ups you don't consider that as playing in the paint on offense?

« Reply #503 on: January 08, 2013, 09:15:57 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
So I'm watching the game on comcast now.

What the freaking hell.  This games refereeing was a complete joke.  I saw a pick by chandler where he didn't even try to sell it as legal he EXTENDS HIS ARMS AND PUSHES THE GUY AWAY. 

Then don't even need to talk about Melo.  Guy punches Terry in the face during a pushoff and no call.  Pierce on the other end fights Carmelo for position and they foul him out of the quarter 3 minutes into the 3rd.

What a freaking joke the refing was.

Anyways, it goes without saying that the Knicks offense s all about shooting 3s and without that they are completely worthless.  First half they were hot and were winning.  then second half they went cold and look what happens.  I can't wait for them to go one and done.  Frauds.

Green had a matchup and took advantage.  Also did a nice job on Carmelo from what I've seen so far.  Nicely done.

Bradley started slow on offense but came around.  Bradley is a franchise player.  We can not trade this guy unless we're getting a legit superstar like Howard/LBJ etc. and for obvious reasons those guys aren't happening.  Bradley and Rondo are our future.  Find a big man somehow, someway but Rondo/Bradley are our future and can not be touched.

Pierce is the truth

KG is the big ticket and if we win a championship it's on his back that it happens.

There was a lot of "let them play" no-calls in the second half. Some of them I wasn't particularly fond of (the terry /melo elbow stands out the most on the morning after) but this game stands as probably my favorite game I've caught this season. Not quite the 90's, but definitely a lot more physical and trash-talky than what you normally see in the NBA. I loved it.

Of course, that W at the end was great too. ;D
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #504 on: January 08, 2013, 10:15:07 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
There was a 'Toine sighting at the Mavs-Jazz game.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #505 on: January 08, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Now, in just four nights, Boston has beaten three of the East's top four teams. Far from the aging, toothless squad we saw in the season's first couple months, more and more Boston looks like the team many predicted it would be, one capable of another deep run into the Eastern Conference playoffs.

typical Espn NOW hopping on the bandwagon ::)
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #506 on: January 08, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Last 3 games were great, but it wasn't more than a week ago that this blog was all but counting them done.

I'd really like to see the C's do this for another 8 games before I start to get that same 'lightswitch' feeling I had last season.

« Reply #507 on: January 08, 2013, 04:25:58 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Last 3 games were great, but it wasn't more than a week ago that this blog was all but counting them done.

I'd really like to see the C's do this for another 8 games before I start to get that same 'lightswitch' feeling I had last season.
If they go 4-1 or better on the homestand I'll start getting really excited. But that's about it.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #508 on: January 08, 2013, 04:36:15 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

If they go 4-1 or better on the homestand I'll start getting really excited. But that's about it.

Houston is really the only team that could give us much trouble, so I see 4-1 as very possible.

EDIT: And Chicago, too. But still.

« Reply #509 on: January 08, 2013, 04:54:53 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Each game brings something new. The Celtics seem to  be fighting through adversity better and morale has improved.
The beatings will continue until morale improves