Author Topic: Harden to Boston, Walker to Detroit, Griffin to Oklahoma, Horford to Houston  (Read 4096 times)

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I never was a Harden fan..very selfish player and no defense..don’t want him a Celtic
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
no, no, no,         I mean HARDEN is GREAT and everything, i just HATE watching him play...    i'm really not for sure if Tatum would like playing with him, i just don't see it working, and if you think the Celtics shoot to many threes now, just WOW, think about that after adding Harden...???      :blank:

I agree.

If harden completely changed his game I could get behind having him. But houston harden I hate watching.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Kemba Walker, Carsen Edwards, and 3 late 1st round picks (and some 2nd's) is not going to land James Harden.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't think any of the involved teams say yes
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I just don't think Hardin is a good fit.

Tatum is evolving to need the ball in his hands more and more and I think he fits well with Jaylen and Kemba because both are good at working off-the-ball.

Harden is very ball-dominant.

And none of that brings up his questionable fit on defense.

Pass.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Who does not agree to this four-team trade:

To Boston (needs superstar):

James Harden

To Detroit (needs PG, has cap space):

Kemba Walker
George Hill
Grant Williams

To Oklahoma (Blake is from OKC, so will sell tickets):

Blake Griffin
Carsen Edwards

To Houston (obviously rebuilding, so this is our ticket to a superstar, but it will cost to get Harden and cost some extra to absorb Big Al):

Al Horford
Romeo Langford
2021 BOS 1st
2022 OKC-PHX 1st (Top 10 protection)
2023 BOS 1st
2023 DET 1st (Top 3 protection)
2025 BOS 1st (Top 3 protection)
2021 BOS 2nd
2022 BOS 2nd
2025 BOS 2nd

It would work as soon as December 11:

https://tradenba.com/trades/WUuphE8Sd

Everybody gets what they want, right?

Harden running point with Smart covering his defensive deficiencies would give us the best yin-and-yang back court in the league. We’ve already got one of the best, if not the best, wing combos in Brown and Tatum. Now with TT, we’ve got that defensive big-man to get the rebounds, and Theis as relief. Really think this move, in combination with a couple ring-chasing vets, could get us the next title and maybe 2-3 titles in the next 4-5 years.

Houston would have to give Boston 1st rnd picks with harden straight up for kemba, even with his knee.  Harden is a selfish, annoying player who is no fun to watch or play with.  I doubt his teams ever win a championship.  His game is a fine example of how the league has shifted too far.  They all might as well wear those air bubbles to make sure the players do not touch.  A player leaning into the defender to generate contact and then take a wild shot is not the way the game should be played, and yet he is making a career of it.