Author Topic: Align to JT and JB Timeline idea - get Zach LaVine and Aaron Gordon  (Read 3924 times)

Re: Align to JT and JB Timeline idea - get Zach LaVine and Aaron Gordon
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 02:35:47 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Not a fan of Zach Lavine.

I think Aaron Gordon could be a nice fit but I wouldn't give up too much to get him.

Agreed on Lavine.

But I like Gordon quite a bit. He's an underrated passer and his defensive potential here is intriguing. Their fans seem to want a young backcourt guy to go with Markelle, I'd happily ship off Romeo and a 1st if they were interested.
Not a fan of either player.  Crazy good athletes, both of them.  Gordon is just not good enough.

I think we have to be realistic in terms what we can get with the TPE. We don't really have any prime assets to deal (outside of Jayson, Jaylen, and Marcus), so we're probably not getting anything prime back. No teams are realistically dumping All-Stars/fringe All-Stars for cap space and low 1st round picks. I actually think Gordon may be out of "gettable" range as is.

I agree with you on Aaron Gordon. I think it would take a couple of first round picks to get him, and I'm not certain that we couldn't be outbid.  Not having to give any salary back is a big advantage though, and If you look at Orlando - they have the 5th highest payroll in the league.  $136m.  No ownership group in the world is going to want to pay $136m for a first-round playoff exit.  I think Orlando is going to want to shed salary come trade deadline, and Boston seems to me like the perfect team to pick it up.

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2020, 02:42:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I would rather have Evan Fournier over Aaron Gordon or Zach Lavine and I think he would be easier to get and for less than the price you would have to pay for either of those other guys.

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2020, 09:28:15 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I would rather have Evan Fournier over Aaron Gordon or Zach Lavine and I think he would be easier to get and for less than the price you would have to pay for either of those other guys.

I’d rather have Fournier as well, but that dude is gonna get PAID. Did you see the Bertans contract?