Poll

Rozier FOR Sabonis + 2018 IND 2nd Rounder?

Yes
16 (28.6%)
No
40 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?  (Read 19772 times)

Re: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2018, 05:22:49 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I think maybe The Celtics have to sign both Rozier and Smart so we have those contracts for the big trade down the line.

« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2018, 07:14:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think maybe The Celtics have to sign both Rozier and Smart so we have those contracts for the big trade down the line.
The one that isn't coming? ;)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2018, 05:37:42 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
TRADE IDEA: Rozier FOR Sabonis + 2018 Indiana 2nd Rounder

1. This is assuming Ainge reaches an extension with Smart at a very reasonable rate, and decides to "sell high" on Rozier since he doesn't expect the C's will be able to keep him after NEXT season since he could command a ton elsewhere.

2. We could add Sabonis to the front court with Horford and Theis, and I'm assuming we keep ONE of Monroe/Baynes, so whoever leaves ultimately gets replaced by Sabonis in a sense (who is just 21 years old and still on his rookie contract for 2 more seasons).

Now I wouldn't mind at all if we just keep Scary Terry for next season as great depth while making our title run with a (hopefully) healthy team, and I would actually love if we could keep BOTH Smart + Rozier long term (even if it meant going well into the luxury tax), but realistically I think between Rozier and Smart, Ainge probably keeps Smart primarily because his market won't be as high, and he honestly has that KG-Mentality and makes those "winning plays" that teams need to make to go far in playoffs.

Idk... it's going to be a real tough decision to make and I hate to even suggest an idea that involves trading Scary Terry (during this current playoff run), but... what do you guys think?

I say NO still, but if not this particular idea and you think we should still sell high on Rozier, anyone have any other trade ideas?

Not a Chance!

« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2018, 12:22:18 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I'd trade Terry for Sabonis straight up. I think Sabonis is going to be pretty good and it balances out our roster and gives us an extra year of team control.

Interesting. Like the Bradley Morris trade.

« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2018, 12:25:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I'd still make this trade even if it's simply Rozier for Sabonis honestly.

Then use pick #27 on guard depth and hope we keep Marcus Smart around 10-12M/Year.

If Baynes comes back with the non-taxpayer raise (around 5M), great! Or bring him back using MLE though that would probably mean stricter cap constraints and such going forward.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller