Author Topic: Celtics (1-1) at Heat (1-1) Round 1 Game #3 4/27/24  (Read 5432 times)

CelticsWhat35, JohnBoy65, 86MaxwellSmart, j804 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Celtics (1-1) at Heat (1-1) Round 1 Game #3 4/27/24
« Reply #465 on: Today at 12:06:07 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
Not having seen the 1st half tonite (though I will eventually watch it), what changed ?
I'm sure our focus and intensity was much better - game 2 woke up the players' short attention spans for at least this game.
But schematically, did Joe pull his head out of his ass and stubbornly make a few adjustments, like pressuring the 3-point line on defense and moving the ball into the foul line area with the pass versus the zone on offense instead of the idiotic P&R 3-pointers from the perimeter.
(A junior high coach knows you don't attack a zone with ball screens and dribble penetrations).
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #466 on: Today at 12:11:20 AM »

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Not having seen the 1st half tonite (though I will eventually watch it), what changed ?
I'm sure our focus and intensity was much better - game 2 woke up the players' short attention spans for at least this game.
But schematically, did Joe pull his head out of his ass and stubbornly make a few adjustments, like pressuring the 3-point line on defense and moving the ball into the foul line area with the pass versus the zone on offense instead of the idiotic P&R 3-pointers from the perimeter.
(A junior high coach knows you don't attack a zone with ball screens and dribble penetrations).
Defense won the game. Getting over screens and when they couldn’t switching was about as good as it gets. Jrue while he didn’t score much was a middle linebacker with appropriate help and unlike last game the helper helped the helper. Perfect rotations. It was a masterclass on defense.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #467 on: Today at 12:18:35 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Like I said before the playoffs began...Celtics play Defense, Celtics Win....Oh and The Refs SUCKED....Bam gets to move his feet on every screen....and White got hit in the face like 3 times with no calls.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #468 on: Today at 12:19:49 AM »

Online JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Can we admit yet that what the heat did in game 2 was historic? Also, late in their historic game we were still in it? I get it we played much more intensely defensively tonight, but can we not be all doom and gloom all the time?

« Reply #469 on: Today at 01:02:09 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
Can we admit yet that what the heat did in game 2 was historic? Also, late in their historic game we were still in it? I get it we played much more intensely defensively tonight, but can we not be all doom and gloom all the time?

You allow any nba team to shoot open 3-s you're just begging for history to be made.

Game.3.shows game 2 never should have happened.
Still don't believe in Joe.