Author Topic: Trending Prospect Kelly Olynyk of Gonzaga  (Read 1295 times)

Trending Prospect Kelly Olynyk of Gonzaga
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:43:22 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Lately a prospect that has jumped out has been Kelly Olynyc out of Gonzaga.

Skilled, physical 7 footer who's scoring should at least partially translate to the pro's. Not projected to be a great defender but he's been dropping 30+ 8+ games lately against some strong competition.

I think he'd be a nice fit with Sully and Fab for the future. He scores better than Fab and is taller than Sully should he get walled by a giant front line like Memphis.

Draft express has him going at 20 in their most recent mock draft but a strong tourney and workouts could bump him up a few more notches.

P.S. Canada is entering a golden age of basketball, he's from just outside of Toronto so I think he'd want to be drafted by a North Eastern Team like ours.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kelly-Olynyk-19790/

Re: Trending Prospect Kelly Olynyk of Gonzaga
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:04:28 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It's players like this, projected to go in the 20's, which make me question why this is seen as a weak draft.  Maybe it's light on superstars, but I'd bet you could field a very competitive team with this class 5 years out, which is more than you can say about some drafts.

And at least one of Shabazz Muhammed and Nerlens Noel is going to be a superstar, so it's even got some of those.