Author Topic: Simmons or Embiid who would you move?  (Read 10303 times)

Simmons or Embiid who would you move?
« on: August 15, 2020, 12:10:02 PM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
Hopefully Celtics do what they should and put the 76ers out of their misery.

After that, there should be sweeping changes to the Philly team and organisation. First Brown should resign or be fired...then Simmons or Embiid should be moved. They can’t excel together and it’s obvious they don’t like each other too much.

For me it has to be Embiid that is traded, Simmons is much harder to move and get an even return. Embiid’s attitude issues hasn’t changed in 6 years and most likely won’t.

My trade idea

Heat: Embiid

76ers: Adebayo, Herro, Iguodala, Robinson.

Horford
Adebayo
Harris
Herro
Simmons

Richardson, Robinson, Thybulle, Iguodala.

Only issue with this trade is salaries blowing out and that the Heat may wake a sleeping giant in Embiid.

What would you do?

Re: Simmons or Embiid who would you move?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 12:52:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
You make Heat much worse, so why would they do that?

My idea:

Embiid for Towns, straight up.  Towns would fit in much better with Ben Simmons. Embiid would improve Wolves defense, which is awful.

Both guys could use for a change of teams. 

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 01:06:48 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Embiid for Kemba/Theis (and picks?).

The Cs starting 5 would be epic. Sixers move Horford over to C and add the premier scoring PG they desperately need.

It also works with Simmons, but that doesn't help balance the Cs' line-up as much.

Note: I actually REALLY like Kemba - and his personality is a breath of fresh air - but he is more of a luxury than a necessity at this point.

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 01:07:11 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Only issue with this trade is salaries blowing out and that the Heat may wake a sleeping giant in Embiid.
Bam would be a terrible fit next to Simmons. Trading for Bam wouldn't help the Sixers solve their spacing issues. If anything, it would make them worse.

The Cs starting 5 would be epic. Sixers move Horford over to C and add the premier scoring PG they desperately need.

It also works with Simmons, but that doesn't help balance the Cs' line-up as much.

Note: I actually REALLY like Kemba - and his personality is a breath of fresh air - but he is more of a luxury than a necessity at this point.
Imo, Simmons would make an amazing small-ball Center.

Smart - Brown - Hayward - Tatum - Simmons

Best defensive lineup in the NBA!

Given that Smart operates as a wing on D, we'd basically have 5 wings in our starting lineup!

Anyway, we haven't beaten Philly yet. Let's just beat them first and then it's up to them to decide what's best for their team.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 01:21:10 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 01:23:24 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Bam would be a terrible fit next to Simmons. Trading for Bam wouldn't help the Sixers solve their spacing issues. If anything, it would make them worse.

Given that Smart operates as a wing on D, we'd basically have 5 wings in our starting lineup!

Anyway, we haven't beaten Philly yet. Let's just beat them first and then it's up to them to decide what's best for their team.
There would be no rim protection and Smart and Simmons together would be terrible in the half court offense. 

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 01:33:36 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I think it would take more than that to get Embiid.  Even adding picks wouldn't be enough. Plus do you think Philly would ever do another trade with Danny LOL??  Brand would get crucified if he traded Embiid to Boston.

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 01:37:52 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I'm not that good at GM'ing.

Philly is a mess because they've haven't won since the Iverson era. It's been 20 years. They have used a tank philosophy for so long that it's ingrained in the organization.

Embiid, of the two players, needs a top team and organization. He doesn't know what that is.

Trade Embiid to a club like San Antonio. At least he'll get away from the mess in Philly.

Build the team around Simmons, a defensive player and stay in that direction.

Philly trades Fultz for Tatum because it was bound to happen eventually. Gambling in the lottery is just that...gambling and they lost. Teams are built many ways....look at the Celtics.

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 01:40:14 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

There would be no rim protection and Smart and Simmons together would be terrible in the half court offense.
Simmons is 2 inches taller than Theis. If Theis (or PJ Tucker) is tall enough to play at C, then so is Simmons.

As long as Smart keeps shooting at an above average rate from 3, I see no big issue with Smart playing next to Simmons. People keep saying that Simmons cannot play off the ball. This is true in Philly (because of Embiid), but it wouldn't be the case in Boston. Imo, Simmons would make a terrific roll man whenever he's off the ball. I would love to watch the Smart-Simmons pick n roll!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 01:55:30 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 03:01:51 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Here is what I said a while back wow have things changed with Simmons now being the concern.

Embid is the better player but if you look at trade return and injuries you might stick with Simmons and deal Embid.

I feel 76ers rushed the process and should have waited one more year to tank. They made moves too quickly for high salary guys without seeing Simmons or Fultz fully developed.

Idk what the 76ers do. I'd go for Wall and Beal for Simmons and AL(+filler).

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 03:16:15 PM »

Online PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
They should try and trade Embiid. The league is geared towards scoring wings and there is less of a premium on elite big men. Embiid for a disgruntled wing/scorer to add to Simmons would be the way to go for me.

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 07:42:53 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Trade Embiid.  He is too inconsistent and does not have the killer competitive mentality often enough.

Simmons can make the entire offense go and you are likely to put talented pieces around him with the return for Embiid.
Build a team that fits together and compliment each other.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2020, 07:48:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Whoever can get you the best return. That's what I would base it on. If a team somewhere is willing to overpay for one of them, then I'd go for it.

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2020, 07:57:55 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Why trade 1 when you can trade them both.

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2020, 08:30:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Why trade 1 when you can trade them both.
Now that's exciting!

Trade Simmons + Horford for Beal + Wall.

And then trade Embiid for someone like Adebayo (and take salary filler in return) or something similar.

They obviously won't do it, but moving them both would be super exciting
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2020, 10:54:53 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Simmons, he's a massively inferior talent compared to Embiid.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA