Author Topic: least favorite Celtic of all time  (Read 33948 times)

Re: least favorite Celtic of all time
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2009, 11:27:07 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
1. Antoine Walker by far.  Hated the way he played and the whole team was based around his annoying game.  To a lesser extent because the roles were smaller- 2. Blount for obvious reasons. 3. Tony Battie because he seemed so freaking wimpy next to Potompeko.

Tony Battie? I liked Battie, and the fact that he played a role in saving paul pierces life, he shouldnt even be considered on this listt,

Gary Payton
Maybe Paul wouldn't have even gone out that night if not for Battie and his brother.

Lol, I seriously doubt that, I highly doubt they had to drag paul out that night, if anything the other way around.. Paul is a partier
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2009, 11:29:27 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Olowokandi was the greatest, only because after his first year here, they told him they weren't interested in bringing him back.  And the dude shows up to camp anyway on his own and somehow ended up on the roster for another season.  Tremendous

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2009, 11:32:16 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
1. Antoine Walker by far.  Hated the way he played and the whole team was based around his annoying game.  To a lesser extent because the roles were smaller- 2. Blount for obvious reasons. 3. Tony Battie because he seemed so freaking wimpy next to Potompeko.

Tony Battie? I liked Battie, and the fact that he played a role in saving paul pierces life, he shouldnt even be considered on this listt,

Gary Payton
Maybe Paul wouldn't have even gone out that night if not for Battie and his brother.

Lol, I seriously doubt that, I highly doubt they had to drag paul out that night, if anything the other way around.. Paul is a partier
me too, but I never go out alone.

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 11:38:53 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I hated Mark Blount !!! What a jerk he turned out to be. As of late throw Gary Payton in there too. I would also add Kedrick Brown, just cause he sucked so much

Oh and forgot Pervis Ellison he was sucha  lazy ****, made Olwakandi look like an over achiever

Hey, Pervis was a Captain...so he had that going for him
Yup

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2009, 11:42:31 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
I forgot Pervis was a captain.  Thats kind of crazy!  It would have really been a joke if had an extra big letter "C" on his jersey like Varitek.  The other teams would have been cracking up in the layup lines.

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 11:50:47 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
tough call. 

non-player: Pitino hands down.  Even as a RI-native grateful for the PC final four run, I still think he's a scumbag.

almost-player: Jon Barry--what Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.bag wouldn't want to come to the Celtics as a draft pick? 

Player: tie between Blount for giving up after getting his contract and Michael Smith for being a complete waste of a high draft pick (and being picked before Tim Hardaway too).  Kills me to think of Red comparing him to Bird.

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2009, 11:54:25 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I forgot Pervis was a captain.  Thats kind of crazy!  It would have really been a joke if had an extra big letter "C" on his jersey like Varitek.  The other teams would have been cracking up in the layup lines.

That was one of the silliest things ever.  I guess Pitino figured giving him a label might inspire him or make his teammates respect him or something.  Maybe Ricky just picked names out of a hat.

Dee Brown was one of the three captains too, who was the 3rd?
Yup

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2009, 12:08:01 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
Can I vote for Lucky?
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2009, 12:08:27 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
Zan Tabak.  Just kidding, it was Antoine.

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2009, 12:09:15 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald

That was one of the silliest things ever.  I guess Pitino figured giving him a label might inspire him or make his teammates respect him or something.  Maybe Ricky just picked names out of a hat.

antoine.

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2009, 12:12:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

antoine.

derrr...can't believe I forgot that (and remembered Pervis  ::) )
Yup

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2009, 12:13:24 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
No mentioning of Chris Wallace?!
For shame Celticsblog, For shame!

(and count me in for Marc Blount)

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2009, 12:15:43 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
1. Antoine Walker by far.  Hated the way he played and the whole team was based around his annoying game.  To a lesser extent because the roles were smaller

Was this PRE-PIERCE?  If It was, I agree with you.   But also remember that it's on the coach(which was the Ricktator at the time) to have a solid gameplan that gives the team the best chance to win.  Toine was given too much responsibility and too much leeway on the court and that, once again, falls on the Coach.  

It really ticks me off how Pitino fooled us all back then when we were desperate for SOMETHING positive and he just took a whizz on this franchise along with his spaghetti sauce or whatever it was.   >:(

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2009, 12:18:09 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
Wally and Blount

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2009, 12:23:32 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Easily Raef LaFrentz.

He represented a total downfall for the Celtics and ridding the team of by far my favorite player (possibly of all time) in Antoine Walker. Anyone with any sense had to know that a big, slow dope like LaFrentz wasn't going to be good and his contract was atrocious (like 5 years 65 mill).

I understand people wanted Walker out of town, and while I totally disagreed with that concept, I more disagreed with the player we got in return. When I had heard we traded Antoine to Dallas, I was like, "well, at least we are getting Jamison in return", but when I found out it was Raef, I nearly dropped dead.

This was really the beginning of many many many bad moves made by Danny- yes, draft included (Al Jeff and Rondo fell into his lap, no one else has been THAT impressive). He was able to save himself with the magic of it all in the Summer of 07, but don't tell me that Raef was all part of the plan (and Jiri Welsch was not enough additional compensation). We could have gone for Ratliff much earlier or even better, traded for an expiring contract.

All these memories coming back to life- really angers me...heck, at least we are good now...