Author Topic: Early Prospects who could fit with the Celtics  (Read 5258 times)

Early Prospects who could fit with the Celtics
« on: December 03, 2019, 08:34:32 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Assuming the Memphis pick lands 6-12 I have noticed a couple prospects who I will be watching as nice Celtics options.

Isaiah Stewart, Big for Washington. 

Onyeka Okongwu, Big for USC.

Zeke Nnaji, Big for Arizona

All 3 are freshman in the Pac-12. This has the added benefit of getting to watch them play against each other in the coming weeks.

Games to keep an eye on

Stewart, Gonzaga 12/8, USC 1/5, Oregon 1/18, Arizona 1/30, USC 2/13

Okongwu, Washngton 1/5, Oregon 1/23, Arizon 2/6, Washington 2/13

Zeke, Baylor 12/7, Gonzaga 12/14, Oregon 1/9, Washington 1/30, USC 2/6 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 08:42:07 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Early Prospects who could fit with the Celtics
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 09:09:38 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
TP for the heads up.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 09:18:14 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Assuming the Memphis pick lands 6-12 I have noticed a couple prospects who I will be watching as nice Celtics options.

Isaiah Stewart, Big for Washington. 

Onyeka Okongwu, Big for USC.

Zeke Nnaji, Big for Arizona

All 3 are freshman in the Pac-12. This has the added benefit of getting to watch them play against each other in the coming weeks.

Games to keep an eye on

Stewart, Gonzaga 12/8, USC 1/5, Oregon 1/18, Arizona 1/30, USC 2/13

Okongwu, Washngton 1/5, Oregon 1/23, Arizon 2/6, Washington 2/13

Zeke, Baylor 12/7, Gonzaga 12/14, Oregon 1/9, Washington 1/30, USC 2/6

All 3 prospects are outside the top 10 on nbadraft.net.
So it's possible the Celts could end up drafting one of them, if the Celts get the Memphis pick in June.
https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 09:25:16 AM by Fierce1 »

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 09:29:30 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
as of today, C's would only get the Mil pick to convey for this coming draft and get the Mem pick unconditionally in the next draft.

puts us at tied for 25th (C's) and 30 (Mil).  not exactly looking at the cream of the crop for big men with those options. 

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 09:30:01 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
I like Duke's Vernon Carey, 6-10, 270 lbs big man.

But I think he won't be available at #7 or #8.

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 09:34:15 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Don't forget another guy who might land anywhere from the end of the first round to the top 10, depending on what he shows this year - Oscar Tshiebwe

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brendonkleen/2019/11/29/nba-draft-notes-arizona-freshman-oscar-tshiebwe-trevelin-queen/#7638ea8370ae

People seem really mixed on Okongwu. Some people see tremendous physical talent and ferocity; some say he's not big enough or speedy enough to be a plus modern center.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
as of today, C's would only get the Mil pick to convey for this coming draft and get the Mem pick unconditionally in the next draft.

puts us at tied for 25th (C's) and 30 (Mil).  not exactly looking at the cream of the crop for big men with those options.

But teams like the Spurs, Wiz, and Bulls could overtake the Griz once those teams decide to tank in March.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 12:05:36 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I would want Oscar Tshiebwe. Really athletic big who has great defensive instincts and rim running qualities.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 12:23:16 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
I thought Killian Tillie from Gonzaga would be a great fit in Brad’s system. A 6’10” forward that can splash 3s at over 40%. He was going to be the Zags main option ahead of Hachimura and Clarke, who are both viable NBA players, but was beset by injuries.

He came back for his senior season. That could drop his stock a little unless he comes back healthy and is lights out in the tournament this year. Ainge likes experienced players with his later picks and Brad, and Tatum, would probably love to have a taller guy playing the 4 that can hit from 3.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 12:31:25 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I thought Killian Tillie from Gonzaga would be a great fit in Brad’s system. A 6’10” forward that can splash 3s at over 40%. He was going to be the Zags main option ahead of Hachimura and Clarke, who are both viable NBA players, but was beset by injuries.

He came back for his senior season. That could drop his stock a little unless he comes back healthy and is lights out in the tournament this year. Ainge likes experienced players with his later picks and Brad, and Tatum, would probably love to have a taller guy playing the 4 that can hit from 3.
I'd rather have that European forward who's drawing homeless man's Doncic comparisons with the fire of KG if we're going to draft another forward tbh.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 12:53:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

But teams like the Spurs, Wiz, and Bulls could overtake the Griz once those teams decide to tank in March.
March will be a bit late for them to be tanking to catch Memphis.   Don't forget, it's in Memphis' best interest to get a top 6 pick this draft and start trying to improve the following season.   why waste a year of Morant's rookie deal by not immediately adding another top talent next draft.  getting better this season doesn't help in that regard.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 04:41:04 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Don't forget another guy who might land anywhere from the end of the first round to the top 10, depending on what he shows this year - Oscar Tshiebwe

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brendonkleen/2019/11/29/nba-draft-notes-arizona-freshman-oscar-tshiebwe-trevelin-queen/#7638ea8370ae

People seem really mixed on Okongwu. Some people see tremendous physical talent and ferocity; some say he's not big enough or speedy enough to be a plus modern center.

Great addition to the list

He fits a very similar profile to Stewart and Okongwu.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 04:53:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I'd rather have that European forward who's drawing homeless man's Doncic comparisons with the fire of KG if we're going to draft another forward tbh.

I'm absolutely on board with this.

He doesn't seem to fit the same profile as Luka, but draws similar comparisons. I think he'll be a better defender, and I think his passing/scoring won't be as dominant due to Luka's size/build allows him to body against weaker defenders. But I think when it's all said and done, he'll be one of the best players from his draft. I'd do whatever it takes to draft him, he's going to look like a star in the NBA.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 05:52:42 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Lol homeless man’s Doncic. Who is it?

Also - Doncic is a SF or PG, depending. What about this guy?

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 06:17:39 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

March will be a bit late for them to be tanking to catch Memphis.   Don't forget, it's in Memphis' best interest to get a top 6 pick this draft and start trying to improve the following season.   why waste a year of Morant's rookie deal by not immediately adding another top talent next draft.  getting better this season doesn't help in that regard.

Time will tell.

But I'm sure Memphis would prefer giving the Celts the #7 or #8 pick in 2020 as to giving them an unprotected pick in 2021.

If it were up to me, I'd prefer an unprotected 2021 pick.