Author Topic: Woj: KD to Phoenix  (Read 4346 times)

Re: Woj: KD to Phoenix
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2023, 12:04:22 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
He looked around the league and said Phoenix is where he wanted to be.  Strange.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2023, 12:16:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
He looked around the league and said Phoenix is where he wanted to be.  Strange.

Windhorst says Kyrie also has interest in Phoenix haha (if Dallas doesn't work out)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2023, 12:20:33 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 546
Close to LA maybe? He's got a lot going on off the court.

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2023, 12:44:48 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Both teams did well in the trade.

The Nets got 3 valuable players: 2 that have 1st round pick(s) value and 1 (Crowder) has 2nd round pick(s) value plus 4 unprotected 1sts and a pick swap. Teams are tripling over themselves to offer the Raptors assets for Anunoby; Bridges and Cam Johnson are on that level. Will Marks use them well? Is the question.

The Suns went all in. I thought the Paul+Crowder+1sts for Kyrie was the better package if Brooklyn wanted to win now and now we’ll get to see how good it can be with Booker and Ayton surrounding them. Health/durability will be the main issue for how far this team goes.

This will be one of the most interesting playoffs ever. However the seeding shakes out, every team that qualifies will have a decent shot at the Finals and could be running on fumes once they make it to the Finals.

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2023, 12:47:58 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 546
Both teams did well in the trade.

The Nets got 3 valuable players: 2 that have 1st round pick(s) value and 1 (Crowder) has 2nd round pick(s) value plus 4 unprotected 1sts and a pick swap. Teams are tripling over themselves to offer the Raptors assets for Anunoby; Bridges and Cam Johnson are on that level. Will Marks use them well? Is the question.

The Suns went all in. I thought the Paul+Crowder+1sts for Kyrie was the better package if Brooklyn wanted to win now and now we’ll get to see how good it can be with Booker and Ayton surrounding them. Health/durability will be the main issue for how far this team goes.

This will be one of the most interesting playoffs ever. However the seeding shakes out, every team that qualifies will have a decent shot at the Finals and could be running on fumes once they make it to the Finals.
Milwaukee is apparently giving up five 2nd round picks for Crowder so you are very correct there, lol.

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2023, 12:49:48 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1418
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Windhorst says Kyrie also has interest in Phoenix haha (if Dallas doesn't work out)

I could see a scenario where Kyrie is signed and traded for Ayton in the offseason.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2023, 12:53:40 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 483

I could see a scenario where Kyrie is signed and traded for Ayton in the offseason.

It would not surprise me if these two yahoo's planned this.

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2023, 04:18:29 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Good at least LeBron will have a hard path to the finals, I wager by Phoenix.   All those moves for naught, Lakers mortgaged their future..

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2023, 04:25:57 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 886

It would not surprise me if these two yahoo's planned this.

Keep in mind that the signing team becomes hard capped.  Unless Dallas were to renounce players like Wood and Powell, they would not be able to do this.  They can go above the cap to resign and keep Kyrie but they can't and then trade him.

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2023, 04:29:38 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Maybe for their medical staff :P
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)