Author Topic: What's The Best Performance YOU'VE Had...  (Read 40711 times)

Re: What's The Best Performance YOU'VE Had...
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2009, 10:39:55 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
i wrestled in high school and baseball is the sport where i have moments of glory to tell, but i do have a funny story about basketball when i was young.....

when i was like 9 playing my first year of organized ball  im in a game during the closing minute of a very close game and the guy im guarding is being told by his coaches to run the clock out, im guarding him by the baseline, my coaches and half the parents are yelling at me to foul him, so i start trying to steal the ball (i didnt understand the situation) so everyones still yelling "GREG! FOUL! FOUL HIM! FOUL HIM NOW!"  so i shrugged and was like ok took both my hands and shoved the kid right into the bleachers.  completely stupid honest mistake on my part.  i was embaressed, the other teams parents are screaming for me to be thrown out of the game, and my teams parents are all laughing.  i didnt get thrown out. tech was called i believe and the ref explained to me what im supposed to do when i have to intentional foul.

theres my story haha.

my finest moment in baseball just so i dont look a complete retard on here after that, was going 5-5 with a grand slam and being a double away from hitting for the cycle in a little league game.
Greg

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2009, 10:42:41 PM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
The game that sticks out most in my head was in a final, where I was in a total zone, I dropped 33 Points, and grabbed 21 boards on a bum knee I hurt the week before...most significant thing is that im 6'2 and was playing the 5.  I usually play 4, always have been undersized, but have a lot of bulk behind me ala Charles Barkley, who's one of my all time favorite players...
We won the final by 5...

:-D

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2009, 11:42:50 PM »

Offline speedster

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
The game that sticks out most in my head was in a final, where I was in a total zone, I dropped 33 Points, and grabbed 21 boards on a bum knee I hurt the week before...most significant thing is that im 6'2 and was playing the 5.  I usually play 4, always have been undersized, but have a lot of bulk behind me ala Charles Barkley, who's one of my all time favorite players...
We won the final by 5...

:-D

Being in the zone is the greatest feeling you can have on the basketball court.  I subbed into a pickup game one time, and my teammates told me they needed me to score.  My first shot was a 3 from the right side which went in, and on the next possession I followed that up with another 3 from the exact same spot.  On the third possession, my defender was waiting at the 3 point arc, so I pulled up from about 5 feet beyond the arc... nothing but net.  I was double and triple teamed on the fourth possession, but every time I passed the ball to a teammate, they gave it right back.  I ended up hitting my fourth straight 3 drifting out of bounds in the left corner.  My eyes could have been closed, but it wouldn't have mattered... everything was going in!  What a feeling!

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2009, 11:43:37 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
I dropped 63 points, 10 rebounds and 8 assists one night...boy 2k9 is fun.

****. i bet half the stories here are really from videogames. lol

by the way, you have ps3 or 360?

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2009, 11:55:43 PM »

Offline BigDanz2000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
When I was in 8th grade I scored 72 points in a game and then followed it up with 67 points the next game.  I dont remember ever passing the ball.  I do remember playing a game and my coach told me that I was the best 3 point shooter on the team and he needed me to shoot 3's to get us back in the game, so I did, and I shot ALOT of them. I finished that game going 1-17 from 3, and finished the game with 3 points. 

Those were the days.

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2009, 12:32:40 AM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2009, 01:21:28 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Yeah, I'm not gonna single anyone out in particular, but I've read a few of these stories and found myself thinking, "...no".

Please keep stories legitimate so this thread doesn't become something where one group of posters mocks another group of posters, or people just start BS-ing each other. I'd like to hear as many TRUE stories as possible, because many of them are very interesting, and its always fun to talk about basketball memories, but please, keep them legit.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2009, 01:35:52 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 162
  • Green 18!
I once beat the buzzer at the half.

Then I had a game with 5+ blocks.

My best rebounding performance was 16.

But the best skill I've had was post defense. I shut a lot of the opponent's Centers down.

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2009, 01:42:43 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

I scored 110 pts playing as Larry
in the All-Star Game in NBA Live  ;D

Real life: 19 pts. I had a four-point
play and to this day, am still very
proud of that. One of my teammates
highfived me after the shot went in and he
accidentally hit me in one eye, so my vision
was not perfect. I hit the +1 anyway, though.
I used to play the PG, so there weren't a
lot of shots for me to take.
I once hit 12 threes in a practice
game, does that count?  ;D

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2009, 11:35:59 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i had some good games in high school and in college, but i dont want to sound arrogant by posting stat lines.  the one play i will never forget however, occurred in an aau game my senior year in high school:

i was the lone defender on a two on one break and i pinned a layup attempt. i threw the outlet, filled the lane on the right hand side, caught the pass at the elbow and dunked baseline side.......not bad for someone 5'9"  ;)  <cue in the glory days song by the boss, lol>

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2009, 12:24:25 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Sectionals of '33, one point down. Five, four, three, two, one, let 'er fly... in and out. Yeah, well, I was fouled, I was fouled...

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2009, 10:42:02 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
In a soccer game

Score 3rd goal in a  national final in 15-18 years
minute 89
we win 3-2

Hero for a day.

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2009, 10:56:38 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
I had much better scoring performances, but my best game ever was when I was one point away from a triple double. Imagine that - one point!

17 boards, 15 blocks, 9 points.

Wow, Toine, 15 blocks!?!? that's insane! Are you really tall or were you just a super athletic player who made weak side blocks into the stands like Josh Smith?

I'm not all that tall (about 6'1.5''), but I have a freakishly long wingspan, and a knack for waiting until the ball is in the air to contest. Probably my blocks are split half and half between weakside and just good man defense.

'toine's opponent...

"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2009, 11:46:43 AM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
I was in a summer basketball league back in 2002, just finishing up my high school, I played at the 3 spot. I've never really had a dominant game, as in scoring 25-30 pts, grabbing 10+ rebounds, dishing out 5+ assists.  But, I'd have to say my best game was when I had 16 pts, 9 rebounds, 3 assists.  Nothing special, but certainly not bad either.  Probably my most memorable moment was draining a 3 from the corner, the game was pretty tight, we were ahead by 1, but when I hit that 3, it put us up by 4 with less than a minute to go...definitely opened up some breathing room. My most memorable "hustle play" was when my team had the ball, and we missed a shot. The other team had one player, who started breaking towards his basket as soon as the shot went up.  His team kicked the ball out to him after grabbing the rebound. Nobody on my team ran back on defense, because they figured the dude had a lay up, he was going to get the easy 2.  I was the only person who chased him down, he managed to get the lay up off, but missed it, and allowing me to get the rebound...showing you should never give up on any play.  And lastly, the most funny thing to probably happen to me in a game...Myself & an opposing player were chasing a ball down as it was heading out of bounds.  He manages to reach it while its on its way out of bounds & he tries to throw it off of me.  I jumped up to try and avoid the ball & my shorts fell from my waist, as I hadn't tied them too tight....whole gym was laughing hysterically. 

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2009, 11:57:42 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
In competitive games, my career maxim in points is 11, if I'm not mistaken. I never was a great scorer. Well, neither was I a great rebounder nor a sharp passer (I could pass, but I was always very conservative).

Anyway, my most notable stat was that during one season I didn't turn over the ball for 17 consecutive games. And no, I wasn't injured or riding the pine. More than 500 minutes without giving the ball away.