Author Topic: Celtics Gear  (Read 2392 times)

Celtics Gear
« on: March 09, 2010, 12:51:43 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
What is everyone's favorite piece of Celtics memorabilia, and why?

For me, I would have to say my Rondo jersey. I got it before he became a huge stud, and lately he has made me look very smart for picking his jersey.  ;D
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

Re: Celtics Gear
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 01:01:32 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
My favorite is a Paul Pierce #34 light blue authentic baseball jersey ... it's the one I wear to games because I have NEVER seen one like it and I've met a lot of people because of it, (folks asking where I got it and how can they get one, etc. - great conversation piece). It cost me a chunk of change, but I've had more than one person offer me much bigger chunks for it, and one "expert" who said that it would be worth much more with each passing year, (especially after he retires). Guess I'll hang onto it a while. ;)

I also have a basketball signed by the 1986 Championship Team, a Larry Bird-signed basketball, a pair of Dee Brown-signed Reebok pumps, and a bunch of signed caps, jerseys and cards from guys like Cousey, Heinsohn, Parrish, McHale, White, Russell, Havlicek, and more. Some other stuff that's not as important, but still special to me for other reasons.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 01:04:28 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Bleed Green
My favorite is a Paul Pierce #34 light blue authentic baseball jersey ... it's the one I wear to games because I have NEVER seen one like it and I've met a lot of people because of it, (folks asking where I got it and how can they get one, etc. - great conversation piece). It cost me a chunk of change, but I've had more than one person offer me much bigger chunks for it, and one "expert" who said that it would be worth much more with each passing year, (especially after he retires). Guess I'll hang onto it a while. ;)

I also have a basketball signed by the 1986 Championship Team, a Larry Bird-signed basketball, a pair of Dee Brown-signed Reebok pumps, and a bunch of signed caps, jerseys and cards from guys like Cousey, Heinsohn, Parrish, McHale, White, Russell, Havlicek, and more. Some other stuff that's not as important, but still special to me for other reasons.

My dad is a HUGE Bird fan. I can't even begin to count how many hours of Bird stories he has told me. My goal is to somehow, someday, get my hands on an autographed Bird item for him. I think he would have a heart attack though haha  :P.
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 01:06:43 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

My dad is a HUGE Bird fan. I can't even begin to count how many hours of Bird stories he has told me. My goal is to somehow, someday, get my hands on an autographed Bird item for him. I think he would have a heart attack though haha  :P.

If he's like me, though, he'd probably think the heart attack was worth it! ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 01:13:09 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

If he's like me, though, he'd probably think the heart attack was worth it! ;)

The best place to find stuff is still eBay, but you've got to be patient ... every once-in-a-while you find a great bargain being sold by someone who either doesn't know much about the value or needs to unload it quick. Estate sales are another great place to find bargains, but that's a bit time-consuming. I guarantee you that it would be something that your Dad would never forget and cherish for a long time. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 01:16:38 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Bleed Green
Yeah, I regularly check ebay, but the prices that I've seen are all too much for me to afford right now (poor college kid). Once I graduate and get a job I will definitely take searching for something more seriously. Someday lol.

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 01:23:25 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Yeah, I regularly check ebay, but the prices that I've seen are all too much for me to afford right now (poor college kid). Once I graduate and get a job I will definitely take searching for something more seriously. Someday lol.

Yup, it's pricey fer sher ... but keep scanning there ... every so often something slips through. TP for a fun topic. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *