Author Topic: Clippers gunning for Durant and Kawhi this summer  (Read 4101 times)

Re: Clippers gunning for Durant and Kawhi this summer
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2018, 09:21:56 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Um, direct quote from KD?

""He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points. So I get why anyone wouldn't want to be in that environment because it's toxic. Especially when the attention is bull**** attention, fluff. It's not LeBron's fault at all; it's just the fact you have so many groupies in the media that love to hang on every word. Just get out of the way and let us play basketball."
Yeah, that is a 100% shot at the media.  Durant has an interesting media history to the say the least.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2018, 09:41:08 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
 I'm gunning for Scarlett Johansson this summer :D
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2018, 01:19:00 PM »

Offline BackDoorCut

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48

""He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points. So I get why anyone wouldn't want to be in that environment because it's toxic. Especially when the attention is bull**** attention, fluff. It's not LeBron's fault at all; it's just the fact you have so many groupies in the media that love to hang on every word. Just get out of the way and let us play basketball."
Yeah, that is a 100% shot at the media.  Durant has an interesting media history to the say the least.

Yes, so why would he want to go join that toxic environment. Generally toxicity is something people want to avoid.

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2018, 02:04:50 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Yes, so why would he want to go join that toxic environment. Generally toxicity is something people want to avoid.
I don't think he actually believes that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2018, 02:53:43 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
sounds like a great idea since it means GSW breaking up!
and of course the LAC 2020 pick if this year's doesn't convey

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2018, 05:05:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
If Durant went to la clips or New York and won a championship it would put him up in Lebron level