Author Topic: Baynes starting, Hayward off the bench  (Read 8332 times)

Re: Baynes starting, Hayward off the bench
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2018, 04:03:42 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
So is it safe to say that getting Hayward out of a starting position and Baynes into the starting lineup has made absolutely no difference whatsoever, especially given Baynes is still playing limited minutes while Hayward is still around 30 MPG since his being moved to the bench?

When Baynes started the other night, we scored 45 points in the first quarter.

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
So is it safe to say that getting Hayward out of a starting position and Baynes into the starting lineup has made absolutely no difference whatsoever, especially given Baynes is still playing limited minutes while Hayward is still around 30 MPG since his being moved to the bench?

Against Atlanta? That’s your proof that it’s working? They’ve given up 120+ 9 times already (including 138 and 146 defensive masterpieces), all but one in losses. They are extremely terrible defensively. One quarter does not mean much to me.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Against Atlanta? That’s your proof that it’s working? They’ve given up 120+ 9 times already (including 138 and 146 defensive masterpieces), all but one in losses. They are extremely terrible defensively. One quarter does not mean much to me.

Well, open your eyes and watch every team drive on us and post up on us in the first quarter of every game. The Mavericks did it in the game the other night and scored 32 in the first quarter.

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2018, 04:14:25 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Here's how the Irving/Horford/Baynes/Tatum/Brown lineup has performed so far this season, from NBA.com stats.

Code: [Select]
LINEUPS TEAM GP MIN PTS FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% OREB DREB REB AST TOV STL BLK BLKA PF PFD +/-
.A. Horford, .K. Irving, .A. Baynes, .J. Brown, .J. Tatum BOS 7 3.6 7.9 3.0 6.3 47.7 0.7 1.7 41.7 1.1 1.3 88.9 0.4 2.9 3.3 2.3 1.4 0.4 1.4 0.6 1.4 1.3 0.0

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2018, 04:24:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

And the Celtics scored 30 points in the 1st quarter against the best team in the league, Toronto, also 30 and 31 points against Detroit with Hayward in the starting lineup.

Boston also scored just 18 points against the Knicks and 24 points in the first quarter against Charlotte.

So what exactly is your point?

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2018, 04:26:53 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

And the Celtics scored 30 points in the 1st quarter against the best team in the league, Toronto, also 30 and 31 points against Detroit with Hayward in the starting lineup.

Boston also scored just 18 points against the Knicks and 24 points in the first quarter against Charlotte.

What is my point? What is the title of this thread?

Baynes should start, especially against teams with big talented centers.

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2018, 05:04:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I meant your point about the CS getting 45 points against a pathetic Atlanta team. You obviously were implying that Hayward on the bench and Baynes starting was responsible for that 45 points. I showed you Hayward has started games where Boston scored a lot of points and that Baynes started games that where the Celtics scored very little points.

So obviously your point there is wrong.

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2018, 08:19:27 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

I meant your point about the CS getting 45 points against a pathetic Atlanta team. You obviously were implying that Hayward on the bench and Baynes starting was responsible for that 45 points. I showed you Hayward has started games where Boston scored a lot of points and that Baynes started games that where the Celtics scored very little points.

No, it is not.

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2018, 09:25:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

No, it is not.
Except the numbers say differently.

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2018, 10:59:07 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Where has Hayward been the last few games?  I kind of expected him to be rounding into form in December, but in his last three games he scored 5 pts and registered two DNP's.

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2018, 11:05:33 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Where has Hayward been the last few games?  I kind of expected him to be rounding into form in December, but in his last three games he scored 5 pts and registered two DNP's.

5 points in a blowout win isn't a big deal. He's been sick the last two games.

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2018, 11:16:57 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

A bug is going around the team.  That's why Brown and Yabusele were out too.

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2018, 11:42:41 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

A bug is going around the team.  That's why Brown and Yabusele were out too.
Yabusele is out for a while with a severely sprained ankle.

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2018, 02:56:49 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

Today’s daily Hayward post from IDreamAboutHaywardAllThe Time aka Jae Crowder’s alter ego  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2018, 03:17:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Hayward has probably already peaked as a player.  Unlikely he will ever play as well as he did his lone all-star season.  That said, I think he might start looking like himself again (16ppg, 44% from the field 36% from three) after the allstar break.