Author Topic: It's time the Celtics take down Goliath  (Read 8432 times)

Re: It's time the Celtics take down Goliath
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2018, 10:56:30 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Someone on Toronto s gonna get mad and intentionally foul and injure lebron

No doubt in my mind. That's the way karma is flowing right now!! 😄😄👍👍👍

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2018, 11:01:42 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Oh and by the way, I bet Kyrie knows all their sets. It hasn't changed that much.

I think I know all there sets. LeBron dribbles the life out of the ball beyond the 3 point line he backs up then he charges at the defender and goes in for the shot or finds a 3 point shooter wide open. Once in a while he dribbles up a few feet and takes the 3 point jump shot and hits it. Very boring but effective especially if teams are afraid to challenge him.

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 11:14:12 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Anybody remember the last team to prevent Lebron from making the NBA Finals?

...which, now that I think about it, wow. Quite the run that man has had. Can’t hate on that. But it would still be some beautiful symmetry  ;D
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2018, 11:20:52 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
Someone on Toronto s gonna get mad and intentionally foul and injure lebron

No doubt in my mind. That's the way karma is flowing right now!! 😄😄👍👍👍

LEBRONTO!!!!!!!!!

toronto sux.

lebron lives rent free in their heads. toronto is a mentally soft team.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 11:33:02 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Let's focus on knocking out the Sixers first.

Then the talking heads can trash talk the Celtics more when the Cavs come to town.

I would love to knock out the Cavs.  But the odds are really stacked against us with both Kyrie and Hayward out.

That being said, never bet AGAINST this Celtics squad!

I love being the fan of the underdog team!

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018, 11:36:23 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
listen people Cavs could not handle Oladipo and Stephenson...you think they can take on Al, Brown and Tatum...the new Big 3?

Big 3? We have a BIG 4 with Rozier!

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 11:49:38 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
It really is... Despite the C's injuries, this team has a great shot at an upset against the Cavs without Kyrie. Stevens' will develop a great strategy to exploit the Cavs weaknesses.

Lebron is an amazing player, but it's somewhat of a one man show now and their reliance on him will be their downfall, whether its the ECF or Finals. The C's will have to attack Lebron to force him to play defense whether his man is used as a decoy or not. If he's allowed to rest on defense, he'll continue to be Lebron and put on these 10+ point 4Q and/or game winning/closing performances regardless of who's guarding him.

It's going to be a tough task, but this team can get it done.

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 11:58:23 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Something that I've seen no one take into account- we FINALLY have home court advantage against lebron. We are so far undefeated from home in the playoffs. The cavs coasting in the regular season and all their drama and antics may now come back to haunt them

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 12:01:58 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
This is crazy... this thing with the Sixers is not over. They hold at home, win 1 game on the road, then hold at home again, then all of the sudden we are looking at a Game 7 with All the pressure shifting to the Celtics.

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 12:04:46 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
It’s going to be really difficult.  We’re winning this series due to matchups.  Looking ahead to a cav series, I don’t think the matchups are as favorable.  Fully expect for Tatum to come back to earth against Bron.  Love versus al is fairly even as a matchup.  Baynes and Thompson are a wash too. 

I think we definitely have the advantage in the backcourt but can Rozier continue to defy the odds?  Can brown consistently take advantage of his matchup?  I mean, maybe, but bron is super human and will be able to make up for a lot of Cleveland’s issues.

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 12:17:57 AM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I wish they could beat the Cavs, but i think JR Smoth and K Love are going to rain too many threes.

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 12:47:21 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
It’s going to be really difficult.  We’re winning this series due to matchups.  Looking ahead to a cav series, I don’t think the matchups are as favorable.  Fully expect for Tatum to come back to earth against Bron.  Love versus al is fairly even as a matchup.  Baynes and Thompson are a wash too. 

I think we definitely have the advantage in the backcourt but can Rozier continue to defy the odds?  Can brown consistently take advantage of his matchup?  I mean, maybe, but bron is super human and will be able to make up for a lot of Cleveland’s issues.

This last paragraph is important for two reasons:

1) I actually really like our matchup with Cavs. We have 3-4 defenders that can guard Lebron 1 on 1, and we’ll just do what we’ve been doing with Milwaukee and Philly - providing single coverage against Lebron and shutting down the rest of the team. We’re also much bigger, longer, and more athletic than both Indy and Toronto, which will help with turning them over and covering their three point shooters on the perimeter.

2) Rozier is actually from Cleveland, and IIRC, he’s generally played well in Cleveland. I’m hoping that it can sort of be a “home away from home” for him and he can continue his hot play.

One other important consideration - in year’s past we’ve been killed on the boards and down low by TT and Love. That’s a bit different with us having Baynes starting now, and I also think Moose will have a big role off the bench for us in that series.

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 12:53:45 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The hard part is taking down all the refs calls that LBJ gets from the league.

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 01:02:06 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
The one concern I'd have about the Cavs is that LeBron has still been able to do anything he wants offensively against us.  Brad has never been able to devise a strategy to stop him and no one on the roster has been effective guarding him one on one.

Of course no one else in the league has been able to contain him either.

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 01:14:48 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Anybody remember the last team to prevent Lebron from making the NBA Finals?

...which, now that I think about it, wow. Quite the run that man has had. Can’t hate on that. But it would still be some beautiful symmetry  ;D

There is a basketball god and it will come full circle for Lebron and his Cavs. Its just really absolutely fitting that the team that takes LeWhine down are the Boston Celtics..

How has Lebron been dominant?. Well he is the only one left out of both squads who battled it out nearly 10 yrs ago.