Author Topic: Don't be stupid, Danny...  (Read 4888 times)

Re: Don't be stupid, Danny...
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 12:49:11 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
thank god danny made that deal with detroit. IF not the lakers would have one more title and we'd be hearing how this year they'd be looking to tie us.uggh. i'm gonna puke thinking about it.the lakers MUST be stopped this year. if paul DID go down for the year and kg was battered i'd immediately be checking if we could help another contender like cleveland while still helping ourselves.Anyone but the lakers. We must be the #1 bball franchise. I never want to know differently.

Very good point.  Not that I care about Detroit winning a championship either way.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 12:54:35 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I actually thinks it's a pretty even trade.  Especially since it feels a gaping hole at the backup PG.  I would prefer Monta Ellis but, this deal would be a nice alternative.  Salmons along with a healthy Maquis ( if ever ) would more than make up for anything Ray is able to give.

With Rajon Rondo as our starting PG for the foreseeable future I don't understand this Monta Ellis talk. Ellis is a 6'3" SG and can't hit an outside shot. Watching Rondo and Ellis in a half court set come playoff time would be torture. You can't pair these two, they're uncomplimentary.

Or you're not very familiar with Ellis.  He may not be a 3 pt shooter ( who cares ) but, he's more than adaquate with his mid range jumper.  He's also very good at getting into lane and scoring layups, which I actually prefer to 3 pt bombs.  Also just him being there and not Ray will enhance the defense. 

I'm very familiar with Ellis and the system Don Nelson runs in Oakland. He's undersized as a SG, plays lackluster defense and dominates the ball on the offensive end similar to Allen Iverson back in the day. He does not come off screens and hit shots or spread the floor in anyway. Perhaps you haven't thought about his game in relation to Rondo?

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 01:01:16 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
I actually thinks it's a pretty even trade.  Especially since it feels a gaping hole at the backup PG.  I would prefer Monta Ellis but, this deal would be a nice alternative.  Salmons along with a healthy Maquis ( if ever ) would more than make up for anything Ray is able to give.

With Rajon Rondo as our starting PG for the foreseeable future I don't understand this Monta Ellis talk. Ellis is a 6'3" SG and can't hit an outside shot. Watching Rondo and Ellis in a half court set come playoff time would be torture. You can't pair these two, they're uncomplimentary.

Or you're not very familiar with Ellis.  He may not be a 3 pt shooter ( who cares ) but, he's more than adaquate with his mid range jumper.  He's also very good at getting into lane and scoring layups, which I actually prefer to 3 pt bombs.  Also just him being there and not Ray will enhance the defense. 

I'm very familiar with Ellis and the system Don Nelson runs in Oakland. He's undersized as a SG, plays lackluster defense and dominates the ball on the offensive end similar to Allen Iverson back in the day. He does not come off screens and hit shots or spread the floor in anyway. Perhaps you haven't thought about his game in relation to Rondo?

i am a huge ellis fan, but i could not agree with you more. i am a fan of ellis on another team. trade ray, but get igguadola. the deng-heinrich deal does not even excite me. caron butler would be intriguing.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 01:33:15 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff

I have and when I weighed what you consider drawbacks with what I considered additions it came out as a steal of epic proportions for the C's.  Of course I'm also concerned about the future and not just this season.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 01:44:48 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

I have and when I weighed what you consider drawbacks with what I considered additions it came out as a steal of epic proportions for the C's.  Of course I'm also concerned about the future and not just this season.

Sure the Celtics would be getting the better deal, but they'd be getting the better deal (talent wise) with any trade they make involving Ray because our partner would be looking for cap space not talent. When you weigh in things such a compatibility and salary cap repercussions he becomes a lot less appealing to our team.

What's the common theme in 90% of Monta's "Top 10 Plays" highlight video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG_jjK65QyE

Explain to me how he would compliment Rondo in the backcourt?

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 02:00:55 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't care about potentially making Chicago a better team. My problem is Hinrich and Salmons suck. If you're going to trade Ray for players who are not better than Ray, then why trade him? Stupid.

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 02:02:06 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
Unlike you I would look forward to seeing an increased amount of drives to the hoop.  I think trying to determine whether Rondo can play with Ellis (who's not even at his apex as a player) is over-thinking the issue for a lack of a better term.  This move will also help soften the blow with regard to Paul's deteriorating skills.  That way we can keep Paul and still have a player that can get to rim and not get to rim thinking Pass (Rondo).
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 02:07:09 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
Unlike you I would look forward to seeing an increased amount of drives to the hoop.  I think trying to determine whether Rondo can play with Ellis (who's not even at his apex as a player) is over-thinking the issue for a lack of a better term.  This move will also help soften the blow with regard to Paul's deteriorating skills.  That way we can keep Paul and still have a player that can get to rim and not get to rim thinking Pass (Rondo).

I'm down for Ellis too. The guy is a great scorer, exactly what this team needs. Someone quick, someone fast, someone intense, someone who can get to the rim.

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 02:13:45 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
I don't care about potentially making Chicago a better team. My problem is Hinrich and Salmons suck. If you're going to trade Ray for players who are not better than Ray, then why trade him? Stupid.

You don't think Kirk could provide a nice backup for Rondo?
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 02:16:20 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell

You want to pay a backup 10 million?

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 02:22:10 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
Deng and Hinrich gets me a little excited. Salmons and Hinrich doesn't. I've always been a huge Deng fan, dating back to his Duke days.

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 02:22:42 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff

lol maybe I should research my post before I comment.  I didn't realize he was making that much.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 02:32:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Hinrich could easily play with Rondo against most teams SG's.  He is also a good three point shooter and a solid defender. 

I have no desire to get Salmons, but if it Ty Thomas or Deng came along with Hinrich I'd be ok with the move.

I don't want Ellis anywhere near this team.  Ellis is awful.  The only guy I really want from G.S. is Randolph, and I would take Biedrins and Maggette to get it done.  I'd even take Radmanovic and give them more expiring contracts. 

Ray Allen and Scalabrine
for
Biedrins, Maggette, Radmanovic, and Randolph

works on trade checker.  Since we have too many players and would have to cut, I'd also try to send them Sheldon Williams and JR Giddens (or Bill Walker instead of either one of those guys).  If they wanted someone like Big Baby, I'd throw him in instead of Scals or in addition to Scals.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 02:37:12 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell

Hinrich could easily play with Rondo against most teams SG's.  He is also a good three point shooter and a solid defender. 

I have no desire to get Salmons, but if it Ty Thomas or Deng came along with Hinrich I'd be ok with the move.

I don't want Ellis anywhere near this team.  Ellis is awful.  The only guy I really want from G.S. is Randolph, and I would take Biedrins and Maggette to get it done.  I'd even take Radmanovic and give them more expiring contracts. 

Ray Allen and Scalabrine
for
Biedrins, Maggette, Radmanovic, and Randolph

works on trade checker.  Since we have too many players and would have to cut, I'd also try to send them Sheldon Williams and JR Giddens (or Bill Walker instead of either one of those guys).  If they wanted someone like Big Baby, I'd throw him in instead of Scals or in addition to Scals.

Do you really think the Warriors would trade 3/5 of their starting lineup?