Author Topic: How will you watch the Season Opener?  (Read 13598 times)

Re: How will you watch the Season Opener?
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2009, 08:27:26 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Reclining at the start; sitting upright in the middle; standing with 2 minutes to go; rejoicing at the buzzer.

Nicely put.
I'll have a couple pints of beer and some pizza, remote in hand, feet kicked up on a small table.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2009, 09:44:48 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Last year I was watching the game from the balcony (which was awesome). This year I am in Sydney working and traveling and I have a little dilemma with this game. The game is on at 10:30 AM on WED and i pretty much have 2 options here: 1. I can skip work get drunk and watch the game. The positives are pretty self explanatory here. Negatives are that I am trying to save up money to do more traveling soon and I am pretty broke at the moment so every bit of money really helps. This would also be a double whammy because I will not get money from my work and will spend money on top of that at the bar. 2nd option: Go to work, watch live updates on yahoosports, go on the game thread on CB, and perhaps watch a bit of it on grainy pirate station. To me, this option would be pretty depressing considering it's opening night and it's against the Cavs. Also there aren't a ton of games broadcast here so it's not like I get to see that many anyway. What should i do?
There is a possible wild card option if they happen to replay the game that night in which case i will have to avoid the internet for the whole day........

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2009, 10:33:55 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
Sadly, since I don't have cable, I'll probably be at a friends house   with some soda and snacks :D
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2009, 11:10:33 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
more focussing on the season opener and not the home opener; anyone else going to be at Cask'N'Flagon? Would be good to see a nice Celtics crowd there
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2009, 11:12:50 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Sadly, since I don't have cable, I'll probably be at a friends house   with some soda and snacks :D

That doesn't sound sad at all. That sounds like one of the best ways to spend the night possible  ;)
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2009, 11:16:58 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
With the "Biggest Celts Fan In The World", (my 83 year-old Mom ... and I'm adamant about that), my favorite swivel-recliner, a Guinness in a frosted mug, a bag of Gardettos, my laptop, (signed onto the CB Game Thread), my favorite retro Pierce baseball, (yes, baseball), jersey on, my cel phone off, and a major smile on my face. ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 06:16:09 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2009, 11:18:36 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
more focussing on the season opener and not the home opener; anyone else going to be at Cask'N'Flagon? Would be good to see a nice Celtics crowd there

You should definitely go across the street to Game On. I've always had better experiences there. There are more T.V's, bigger T.V's and they have a good audio system too. It will be a Tuesday night too so it shouldn't be overly crowded or annoying.

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2009, 11:36:13 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Sports bar in Pittsburgh. There will probably be a mix of Cavs/Celtics fans. 

Translation: Celtics fans and guys who like Lebron.

TP. For the future, this is what I will call all Cavs fans: "Guys who like LeBron".
Priceless.

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2009, 12:01:37 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
i will be sitting about 15 rows behind the celts bench  :)

Thats sick!! If you dont mind me asking, how much did those puppies set you back?

i got season tix there....so its a lot of puppies :)
When my wife and I come up to Boston annually, we always sit in your section, DL.  Once in the club seats against Denver in Nov 07 (which she loved) and once 3 rows behind the C's bench last year against Toronto (the Calderon game) with our backs against the hockey wall (which I loved).  During the Finals, unfortunately, I had to sit under the basket down the other end behind Wyc which is not as great as the vibe of the Sith Section. 

I smell a future CelticsBlog Festivus when we're up there again.   ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:10:08 AM by RAcker »

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2009, 03:25:42 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Alone in my room, complete darkness. A cig in hand and a coffee in the other. I'll be twirling the cig in my hand and laughing like a crazy man when the Celtics beat the Cavs.

And for the home opener, I'll be driving down to Portland, ME and waiting for my friend to come back from the game.. At which point I'll hit him in the head with a metal Louisville Slugger for not inviting me when he'll likely have a spare (Court side, mind you) ticket.

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2009, 06:24:36 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Alone in my room, complete darkness. A cig in hand and a coffee in the other. I'll be twirling the cig in my hand and laughing like a crazy man when the Celtics beat the Cavs.

And for the home opener, I'll be driving down to Portland, ME and waiting for my friend to come back from the game.. At which point I'll hit him in the head with a metal Louisville Slugger for not inviting me when he'll likely have a spare (Court side, mind you) ticket.

So I assume you're from Maine? (I'm in Gorham). If so, will you be going to see the Red Claws at all?

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2009, 06:29:23 AM »

Offline cool breeze

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 100

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2009, 07:41:03 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
With the "Biggest Celts Fan In The World", (my 83 year-old Mom ... and I'm adamant about that), my favorite swivel-recliner, a Guinness in a frosted mug, a bag of Gardettos, my laptop, (signed onto the CB Game Thread), my favorite retro Pierce baseball, (yes, baseball), jersey on, my cel phone off, and a major smile on my face. ;)

where did you get a pierce baseball jersey?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2009, 08:11:14 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

where did you get a pierce baseball jersey?

It's a Throwback Jersey I got online ... it was either the Celtics store or the NBA store ...  I got it 3 or 4 years ago and it's made by NBA/Majestic (Both labels). It's an authentic throwback short-sleeve baseball jersey, light blue with black trim, large white embroidered letters on front "CELTICS" and on back "PIERCE" over very large numbers "34" ... I checked the Majestic website and it was no longer there, so I assume it's discontinued ... I have never seen another one, even at the Garden, (I look each time I go), but I get a ton of positive comments about it, mostly "where can I get one?". I've been telling people to check the Majestic site, but it seems now that was not a good direction to send them in. It wasn't cheap at the time, but as I say, I'd never seen anything like it, so it was worth the extra bucks to me. I don't get a lot of jerseys, so when I do, I like things that are unique and authentic, and even quality-wise, this is the best jersey I've ever owned. I will do some surfing and see if I can find one so I can give you the link.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2009, 03:03:26 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I smell a future CelticsBlog Festivus when we're up there again.   ;)

festivus for the rest of us!  sounds good man, lemme know what game ur going to