Author Topic: Woj: Jrue to Celtics  (Read 52939 times)

DefenseWinsChamps, RMO, NextCeltic34 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Woj: Jrue to Celtics
« Reply #405 on: Today at 12:54:47 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 551
I like Jrue, its hard to square giving a guy 4/135 then watching him be an almost nothing on offense.

I'm fine with him averaging like 10 ppg if he was shooting it well, but his splits are just trash right now. He has to be able to at least hit open threes.

« Reply #406 on: Today at 01:25:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
I think that some fans can't appreciate the difference between great defense and flashy defense.

Jrue is like Iguodala.  His impact generally isn't in the stat sheet.
I think the question is is thst still an IS or is now a WAS. Guys in year 15 don't get better, they only get worse.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #407 on: Today at 04:02:05 PM »

Offline Greenblood35

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
Brad extending Jrue at 34M per baffled me.

There are some things Jrue does better, but in totality, PP is a better player RIGHT NOW.

The other option was to not extend Jrue for that money and then likely lose him in free agency. I'm glad Brad went the extension route. While I disagree that PP is a better player right now that Jrue, I do agree that he has developed into a really good player and is crucial for the C's success. And the fact that they were able to keep him on a 4-year 30m extension is another brilliant move by Brad. Jrue might be making 34M, but combined you are getting two really good guards for under 40M. Now if we can just keep DWhite...

« Reply #408 on: Today at 04:16:08 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
Jrue needs to be better.

He doesn't need to be an 18-20ppg but he does need to be a 12-15ppg guy on good shooting efficiency. There is no acceptable reason for a player as talented as him to be sub-10ppg and doing it on horrible efficiency. The defense is not focused in on him. He has many easy opportunities and shot attempts. He needs to make them.