Author Topic: More Conveniently Timed Kyrie Rumors  (Read 7795 times)

Re: More Conveniently Timed Kyrie Rumors
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2019, 03:39:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
What was referenced earlier in the thread..

https://movieweb.com/space-jam-2-cast-no-nba-players/

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2019, 10:47:19 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
I occasionally put on 98.5 or 93.7 (local sports radio) when I'm out running errands... gets me real heated when I'm walking into Trader Joe's. Yesterday Felger and Mazz were on discussing these Kyrie rumors. I almost called in to tell them how idiotic they sounded - basically, assuming it was Kyrie and his camp that leaked this stuff to the media. Didn't mention once the possibility that this was bogus inside source stuff coming from the Knicks and Lakers, or elsewhere. This kind of thing happens in the NBA ALL THE TIME. Man... those guys are the worst.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2019, 11:53:40 AM »

Offline mbsnmisc

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Two to be in fact. Full disclosure - I think these are BS, especially since they're almost contradictory considered together and ESPECIALLY given the credibility (or lack thereof) of the sources (Stephen A. Smith and Frank Isola - both shills for their respective teams and markets, i.e. L.A. Lakers and N.Y. Knicks respectively).

The fact of the matter is, someone - likely at least in part Rich Paul - is still tying to stir up trouble and controversy with Kyrie and the Celtics all right before the playoffs, which I assume is a ploy to stir dissension in the locker room given the history of this team's chemistry this year. Lots of ulterior motives at play with these leaks to these NBA pundits. Isola even admits his rumor comes from a player agent - hmmm, I wonder who?  ::)

First, the Smith rumor about L.A.:

https://twitter.com/RyanWardLA/status/1115397301600538625?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1115397301600538625&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F2830262-lakers-rumors-celtics-kyrie-irving-will-meet-with-la-in-free-agency

Stephen A. Smith on Kyrie Irving/Lakers (1/2): "I'm told Kyrie Irving will grant the Lakers an interview this offseason. The Lakers will have an opp to get Kyrie Irving to come to LA I did not say he's coming to LA! I did not say that!..."

Stephen A. Smith on Kyrie Irving/Lakers (2/2): "...I don't know what he's gonna do, but during his free-agent tour, I'm told he'll give the Lakers an interview."

Next, the Isola rumor about N.Y.:

https://twitter.com/TJDhoops/status/1115418163297095680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1115418163297095680&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/agents-durant-irving-pairing-knicks-inevitable/490866

The rumors and chatter linking both Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving with the New York Knicks simply will not subside.

According to Frank Isola of the Athletic, some executives and agents in NBA circles remain convinced that Durant and Irving will team up on the Knicks when both become free agents this offseason. It is believed that Durant will not sign with New York unless another star player joins him there, and Irving is seen as the most likely.

One agent believes that the two players are debating who will be the first to sign with the Knicks. That would enable them to be seen as the leader, while the second player to sign would be considered a follower.

Both players will be annoyed by this story, as neither wants to answer questions about their impending free agency yet. The reality is this speculation will continue until one or both are signed, but it remains to be seen how realistic this proposition is and whether it will actually happen.

It is not that complicated. Have a joint press conference and announce your decision together.

edit: I should have read past the first post before offering my solution. Apparently average minds think alike. :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:13:43 PM by mbsnmisc »

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2019, 12:21:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think one good thing about this season is that it might be physically impossible for me to care less anymore about this. Kyrie gonna do what Kyrie gonna do. All we can do is watch.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2019, 12:49:10 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm sure Lebron gave Kyrie a try when they played in the all-star game. As I'm sure Lebron gave ANY star that came within talking distance his best shot. Lebron is getting desperate in LA. That team really is totally hollow and he's stuck there. When Magic Johnson offered the entire team for Anthony Davis and couldn't get the deal done.  When George snubbed him to stay in OKC they must have realized that some players simply don't want to play with him. I'm sure Magic saw it too.

All Kyrie needs to do is look back at the tapes of his time in Cleveland and watch LeCarpetbagger continually bringing the ball up court, and I'm sure the memory will be painful enough to convince him that playing in LA would be a repeat performance.

Why anyone would have a desire to play for the Knicks...even if they are located in NYC I have no idea. That franchise has a bonehead owner that doesn't even care about the team. If that franchise were located in any other city in the Country it would be a depreciating asset.

All roads lead to Boston, he wanted his own team...he got it. He would, in fact, look like a total idiot to desert the Celtics at the slightest bump in the road. He would be viewed as an NBA joke.

IMO He'll sniff around a bit, then commit to remaining in Boston.

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2019, 01:39:53 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think one good thing about this season is that it might be physically impossible for me to care less anymore about this. Kyrie gonna do what Kyrie gonna do. All we can do is watch.

I mean, I care if he signs with the Celts but does so in a way that will extend all this silliness.

Especially if his re-signing coincides with trading the house for AD, who has shown a penchant for the same kind of nonsense ("That's all folks!").
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2019, 01:55:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Look now that we know AD doesn't dress himself and doesn't care to its easy. Just get the person who lays out his clothes under contract (not a salary capped position) and bam he's in a Celtic uniform for life.

On a serious note I want to retain Kyrie, but not if its a 1 + 1. That's a ton of risk and locks in that next year will be MORE of a clown show than this year.

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2019, 02:32:51 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Hopefully the dumpster fire that is currently the Los Angeles Lakers would give pause to any consideration Kyrie & his team would have for that organization.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2019, 02:40:33 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Look now that we know AD doesn't dress himself and doesn't care to its easy. Just get the person who lays out his clothes under contract (not a salary capped position) and bam he's in a Celtic uniform for life.

On a serious note I want to retain Kyrie, but not if its a 1 + 1. That's a ton of risk and locks in that next year will be MORE of a clown show than this year.

I agree. The 1+1 is worst case imo. Not only would we trade for AD and potentially lose both, but the circus surrounding BOTH of them will be absolutely intolerable.

I’m fine with the full supermax with an opt-out after year 2 or 3. Anything less than 2 seasons is ridiculous.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2019, 02:53:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I lol'd and upvoted.

Is anyone else looking through these AD and Kyrie quote and realizing that having either one of these goof balls next year on anything less than a 3-4 yr contract will be a nightmare?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2019, 03:08:16 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

I lol'd and upvoted.

Is anyone else looking through these AD and Kyrie quote and realizing that having either one of these goof balls next year on anything less than a 3-4 yr contract will be a nightmare?
Exactly why I wouldn't dismiss the idea of letting Kyrie leave and instead trade up and draft a PG this year who you control for the next 4 years.  Then sign a decent vet PG to a one or 2 year deal as cover.  This year to year stuff sucks and it seems to be what the elite players want these days. 

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2019, 03:12:32 PM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
I find both the "Kyrie to the Knicks" and "Kyrie to the Lakers" rumors to be pretty hard to believe. Both rumors seem to contradict everything that I've seen and heard Kyrie do over the past 2+ years.

He asked out of Cleveland to get away from Lebron's show. I'm not sure that much has changed about this other than Lebron's address.

This year he's gotten visibly upset when he feels that the team is underachieving. Say what you want about him, but he does want to win very badly. He's not indifferent about it. I don't see him deciding to go to the Knicks simply because he lived near there as a kid. That makes no sense to me considering that the team is awful.

Both the Lakers and Knicks front offices are amateur hour.

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2019, 12:41:41 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

TP
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2019, 01:17:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
It is really sad that those so called "reporters" make millions reporting made up BS.
almost as sad as the kardashians millionaires.

TP.....well said ......but there are a zillion dumbed downed Americans willing to believe anything media outlets tell them.  People need to do their own research , use common sense and reason out reports .....especially the political dogma.

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2019, 01:23:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lebron is a user ....to get what he wants ...money ....not a teamate , pretty much everybody he talks to is " what can you do for me " , if you can't directly help in his quest for power and weath , he ll toss you to the side. He never mentored the young lakers , they are nothing but pawns to trade for Kyrie or KD . 

You would hope most players are old enough to see though this