Author Topic: Playoff success  (Read 1098 times)

Playoff success
« on: April 11, 2019, 05:27:19 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
For the first time in many years our main goal is to win NOW and not the draft.. i do not get the draft conversation i do not get the davies talk... we have the tools to win it all now and must focus there... all the young guys must step up for their sake and legacy.. i do not think that pacers bucks and raptors are better than us... the finals is the only goal and if we miss them i do not think that we can make it with davies... not with losing all the guys i am hearing in all the scenarios

Re: Playoff success
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 07:32:47 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Chemistry plays a part in a teams success as much as actual talent. Sometimes too many similar type players needing minutes isn't a good thing. The "young guys" are stepping up...as much as they can. We weren't blessed with young players that matured quickly. The jury is still out on Tatum and Brown. We don't have a D. Fox, or a Devin Booker.

The Pacers (with Oladipo), Bucks, Raptors just simply play together better than we do. (76ers I'm not sure)

You don't think Anthony Davis will make a difference if we're able to keep Kyrie and do a little tweaking...think again.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 07:36:23 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Chemistry plays a part in a teams success as much as actual talent. Sometimes too many similar type players needing minutes isn't a good thing. The "young guys" are stepping up...as much as they can. We weren't blessed with young players that matured quickly. The jury is still out on Tatum and Brown. We don't have a D. Fox, or a Devin Booker.

The Pacers (with Oladipo), Bucks, Raptors just simply play together better than we do. (76ers I'm not sure)

You don't think Anthony Davis will make a difference if we're able to keep Kyrie and do a little tweaking...think again.

What are Fox and Booker doing now?

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 07:38:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

What are Fox and Booker doing now?
Lol, yeah. Fox hasn’t even shown to be a better prospect than Tatum
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 09:36:18 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Chemistry is nice, but pretty overrated.

You can have the happiest and most cohesive unit you can imagine, but if they aren’t talented they won’t go anywhere.

It takes a special kind of dissension to mess up a team oozing with talent. It happens, but it’s not common. This might not be the most complimentary roster we’ve ever assembled, but it’s not as bad as some make it out to be.

You don’t have to like your teammates, but you have to know how to play with them and trust what they are good at. And it’s on the coaching staff to get everyone on the same page, and out players in a position to maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

We will see, starting Sunday, where we stand.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 10:33:10 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
We aren't good enough to win it all, but we should get beyond the first round with this group.